William Maley

Ford News: Ford GT's EcoBoost V6 Could Find More Applications

10 posts in this topic

So you didn't get a Ford GT, but there is a chance you can experience the GT's EcoBoost engine.

Dave Pericak. director of Ford Performance told Autocar since the engine has proven itself on the racetrack and there is the possibility of this engine ending up in some low-volume production sports cars.

“The engine won at the [2014] 12 Hours of Sebring in the Ford EcoBoost race car, and it’s shown promise in the GT race car already. It shows how capable the engine is,” said Pericak.

When asked if the engine could end up in other race cars, Pericak said this was a possibility. He went on to say there was no reason this engine could end up in some low-volume sports or supercar. Currently, Ford does offer the 3.5L EcoBoost as a crate engine with 365 horsepower. Judging from Pericak's comments, there could be the chance of an over 600 horsepower version available as a crate engine.

Source: Autocar

Click here to view the article

I could see this engine in many Cobra Kit Cars and other kit cars as well.

Then instead of a 427 Cobra you would have a 214 TT Cobra. :P

I think Ill stick to a 427, thank-you very much!

Even if its a boring LS swap like plenty of others do...

A LS7 engine swap...

mqdefault.jpg

That at least seems less blasphemous than an ecoboost.

It aint even about a Twin Turboed charged V6 that is blasphemous...its the ECOBOOST moniker that damns it all to hell!!!

Guest Scallootch

Keep your truck motor V8s, I'll take the more favourable weight distribution of a compact six.

Dear Mr Guest...

Keep your truck motor V8s, I'll take the more favourable weight distribution of a compact six.

What is it you covet?

Because sometimes, I covet front heavy, big cubed V8 with awesome sound....to cruise around in...

Because...in my neck of the woods...this is not existent...

mountains%20sea%20night%20lights%20roads

To give a shyte about weight distribution...

Where I live...potholes and speed traps limit my weight distribution and speed fun...so..I cruise...

It helps when even in an old North American City like Montreal..the roads are fairly straight..

Although I understand your POV...

original.jpg

This is Montreal...

Snow_Owl_Slo_Mo_2500kbps_852x480_2681541

Snowy, or potholey, but straight...

Cruising while listening to glorious trucky V8 sounds work best for me!!!

The 6.2L started in the Vette, not their trucks. You can keep your modified Taurus V6, based on your same logic.

Dear Mr Guest...

What is it you covet?

Because sometimes, I covet front heavy, big cubed V8 with awesome sound....to cruise around in...

Because...in my neck of the woods...this is not existent...

mountains%20sea%20night%20lights%20roads

To give a shyte about weight distribution...

Where I live...potholes and speed traps limit my weight distribution and speed fun...so..I cruise...

It helps when even in an old North American City like Montreal..the roads are fairly straight..

Although I understand your POV...

original.jpg

This is Montreal...

Snow_Owl_Slo_Mo_2500kbps_852x480_2681541

Snowy, or potholey, but straight...

Cruising while listening to glorious trucky V8 sounds work best for me!!!

I see your Owl must be delivery news to your NA version of Hogwarts! :P

That would be the "compact six" with the turbo plumbing spread all about in order to minimize heat soak, I assume.

It would be a bit baffling if Ford sold this as a crate engine because honestly, aside from guys looking to roast tires in their EB half-tons what Blue-Oval products are you going to drop it in? Mustang guys are all gonna blow right past it in the catalog for crate V8s and it almost certainly won't support transverse applications for the few dozen hoons looking to make GTR-killing SHOs.

Edited by El Kabong

Except, Hogwarts where I come from...is forced to be called Chez Hogwarts...to conform to l'Office Québécois de la Langue Française and their stupid draconian language laws to the so-called protection of the French phoquing language.

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE the French, I LOVE the French Language....I HATE the wasting of our tax paying dollars for the so-called protection of the French Language though....

So yeah.....Vivre le Chevrolet petit block that are in des camions!

Because nothing epitomizes Chevrolet Racing better than a Silverado C7R...

Edited by oldshurst442

I love French woman, French Food and can even enjoy the crazy french art. But excessive laws just to protect a language is a bit extreme. Where is the protection for English? DOH there is none, but it is the universally accepted business language.

We'll I love Chevy Racing also. :D:metal:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.