NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

7 Pontiacs that were never sold in America

wow, those are some butt ugly Pontiacs, good thing they were never sold here, they would have never made it.

CANADA: WHERE EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!! GOES TO DIE. 

jk, pontiac, much like canada, was never cool.

I agree with what you're saying about Canada.

If it were not for Canada the dealers would have dies on the converted Le Mans that was replace with imported. Parisians. Then it bought time to get the stamping dies back from the scrap yard in Ohio for the return of the older Pontiac body. 

Also there were many more odd cars they had. The Beaumont, The 396 SD Cats that had Pontiac bodies but Chevy drive lines.

There was the wide track Pontiac's with the X frames but used the Chevy narrow track on the wide bodies. It was an odd look. 

There were many more oddities than just the 7 and some of them are pretty interesting.

Some claim that Pontiac sold a few 302 Chevy Birds in Canada to be legal to use that engine in SCCA. I am not sure that was ever confirmed but the race teams did use Chevy engines for a bit.  

I guess the author isn't aware of the Pontiac Wave?

Anything that was born from the Chevette, should be taken out in the middle of the desert and served up with a Barrett .50 cal BMG just like any Chevette.

Why would anyone wish to do that to a RWD hatchback with an available diesel engine and 5 speed manual transmission?  It has all the makings of a luxury vehicle!  

• Upvote 1

I guess the author isn't aware of the Pontiac Wave?

Anything that was born from the Chevette, should be taken out in the middle of the desert and served up with a Barrett .50 cal BMG just like any Chevette.

Why would anyone wish to do that to a RWD hatchback with an available diesel engine and 5 speed manual transmission?  It has all the makings of a luxury vehicle!

Lol. Except mine was an '81 with a four speed manual, vinyl seats, and no AC in North Carolina. One of the worst cars to ever roll off a GM assembly line.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook