Sign in to follow this  
Intrepidation

The "truth" about the Grand Marquis

30 posts in this topic

http://thetruthaboutcars.com/content/11468...36084/index.php

This is OK review except for the guy's import bias bull$h! that makes me want to hurt him ever so much.

Way forward. Bold Moves. Screw that. If America wants a bold, innovative car, they’ll buy a Toyota.

The Grand Marquis’ appointments can’t hold a candle to a Camry’s, but the big Merc is still leagues ahead of the Chrysler 300

Obviously the Grand Marquis is no match for a stick-shifted V6 Accord or Altima.

:censored::hissyfit:

Edited by Dodgefan

If you're going to compair a Grand Mark to an accord v6 stick shift, might as well throw a Mini Cooper and an Escalade in there to make the comparo somewhat sane.....

the parasites living in the crap in my ass are more worthy of wasting time on then that amateurish, cheesy, useless website. at least the farago guy. maybe the others are worth reading but farago sucks.

Edited by regfootball

example, the yaris review he gives a one on design and a 3 on performance, but then gives a 5 on 'desirability'.

WTF?

I was wondering the same thing. Especially since edmunds doesn't like it at all

i hate to sound cynical, but i suppose i am...somebody is lining this guys pockets.

either that or he had a MAJOR problem at some point with an American car or car company.

either way he has a platform and method of conveying his messages to an audience. im gonna have to a agree with regfb..but i still think a parasite may have even more scruples than this no class hack.

and yeah those rating for the yaris make no sense whatsoever.

if its so desirable, im gonna guess because of gas mileage alone according to his own write up...theres a thousand other cars that fit that bill

f him. aint even worth getting worked up over. see ya.

ya know, I just re-read the article.... and it's actually positive.

His points:

More comfortable than an accord

Handles well for such a big rig

21mpg in mixed driving with a V8

5-star crash rating

Read it again without the knee jerk reaction to an import humper and you'll see that he's actually praising the car.

Seriously, what was the point of that review? I mean, its no secret that the Panthers are hardly on the cutting edge of automotive technology... Even I, a Grand Marquis owner, will admit that. So what was this dude trying to prove? Did he just now figure out that the Grand Marquis is a horribly outdated design? Way to go, genius.

Picking on the Grand Marquis is like picking on the fat kid at school. He's fat. He knows it. Everybody knows it. And it is just plain mean and uncalled-for to draw attention to it at this point.

If you're going to compair a Grand Mark to an accord v6 stick shift, might as well throw a Mini Cooper and an Escalade in there to make the comparo somewhat sane.....

Why stop there...? a Manx Peel P50,

1911 Pope-Hartford Touring, German

WWII "Maus" Tank, a Los Angeles class

Nuclear powered submarine & Boeing

747-400 would all fit in well in this

comparison too.

Oldsmoboi is right though... that quote was taken out of context:

Way forward. Bold Moves. Screw that. If America wants a bold, innovative car, they’ll buy a Toyota. If they want something honest, inexpensive and comfortable, they’ll buy a Ford. If they want an honest car with added spizzarkle, they’ll spend a little more for a Mercury. Well, that’s how it used to be, until Ford started building sub-par Japanese wanna-be’s. Thankfully, the Blue Oval offers at least one rear-wheel drive automobile that stays true to the company’s roots: the Mercury Grand Marquis.

Edited by Sixty8panther

i think he talks out of both sides of his mouth.

it wasnt an overly negative review but it was kind of bringing you in with one hand and pushing you away with the other.

the yaris review really hit a nerve for some reason.

maybe ill just print up my own damn reviews or continue to watch motorweek.

I guess he isn't important enough to get his hands on an actual modern, desireable (sorry SixtyEight) car?

Bold, Innovative: Toyota.

I believe that's called an oxymoron

sort of like:

Sleek, Sexy: Roseanne.

Dangerous, Edgy: Metamucil.

Soft, Yielding: Mike Tyson.

:blink:

Bold, Innovative: Toyota.

I believe that's called an oxymoron

sort of like:

Sleek, Sexy: Roseanne.

Dangerous, Edgy: Metamucil.

Soft, Yielding: Mike Tyson.

:blink:

:lol:

Come to think of it...what has Toyota been innovative with? Honda came to market with the first Hybrid, Nissan created all the recent useful features in pickups, Chysler came up with Stow `n Go, GM came up with the Envoy XUT...yeah...

Also, NOTHING in the Toyota lineup can be considered bold.

:lol:

Come to think of it...what has Toyota been innovative with? Honda came to market with the first Hybrid, Nissan created all the recent useful features in pickups, Chysler came up with Stow `n Go, GM came up with the Envoy XUT...yeah...

Also, NOTHING in the Toyota lineup can be considered bold.

GM came up with the mid-gate in the Avalanche and 'Slade EXT.

Heated washer fluid.

flip and fold seats in a sedan

VVT on a pushrod

Toyota has a 4-speed/6-speed hybrid.

I guess he isn't important enough to get his hands on an actual modern, desireable (sorry SixtyEight) car?

No offense taken, I se what you're saying. If he mattered he'd

be road testing the Ford Mustang or an IS Lexus... not a Yaris

& Grand Marquis.

God, how much f@$#%^&* longer can Ford crank out Panther

cars with nothing more than updated grille & headlights. F$#&

invest some damn money into the chassis & update the

sheetmetal, lbs. per lbs. the current gen. CrownV & GrandM

have made more money for Ford than anything including the

darn Model T. Three minor redesigns in almost three decades,

it's not a 911 Porsche you goobers!

Now that I think of it, a ~$17K Grand Marquis sounds great, if you put on some Marauder wheels, chrome delete, tinted windows, and sport exhaust.

The Grand Marquis is not a Camry, or an Accord. It is a traditional American car: large, rear-wheel-drive, V8-powered, and a large trunk. That's what its customers ask for. So why are the Camry and Accord even mentioned in this article? People that are my grandparents' age are not interested in 0-60 times or shifting through six speeds by themselves. The Grand Marquis competes with the Avalon, not a Camry or Accord.

The review comes off as better than the one about the Escalade, but I still detect a nasty, sarcastic tone in the writing.

The Grand Marquis is not a Camry, or an Accord. It is a traditional American car: large, rear-wheel-drive, V8-powered, and a large trunk. That's what its customers ask for. So why are the Camry and Accord even mentioned in this article?

because the asshole jerk off who wrote it knows nothing about journalism, or how to be interesting merely by writing about the car. He likely can't even hit the toilet when he pees or put his own socks on.

Now that I think of it, a ~$17K Grand Marquis sounds great, if you put on some Marauder wheels, chrome delete, tinted windows, and sport exhaust.

I like it. A borla and K/N, some kick butt wheels. Too bad the sport pkg costs so much.

I would put a dvd player in it. and some killer sound.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this