The 2016 Cadillac CTS-V Is Officially Sold Out!!!

The 2016 Cadillac CTS-V is a beast, a very popular beast it seems. We spoke with Cadillac after the brand made mention of the 2016 CTS-V being “sold out” for the model year.

Following up with Stephen Martin, spokesman for the Cadillac V-series cars, he stated, “It became apparent at the end of the first quarter that we had more orders than we could fulfill.” Essentially, this has created a “sold out” scenario for the 6.2-liter LT4 supercharged V8 power sedan.

When all is said and done, Cadillac will have built just under 2000 CTS-Vs. The most popular options? Carbon fiber and the darkened wheels were a customer favorite, with 51-percent of orders adding the options.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/06/the-2016-cadillac-cts-v-is-officially-sold-out/#ixzz4BfLtSNxJ

2vmj9fl.jpg

• Agree 3

When your most expensive variant sells out that quickly you know it's time to up the percentage mix. Well done Cadillac!

This.. Absolutely This. The CTS-V and the Escalade possess a great deal of what would make a helluva sales romp happen over at Cadillac IF.. GM would just realize that the OHV V8 should be in everything they make in one form or another.. only exception maybe being the XT5.. and even that should get a TTV6 with minimum 400HP asap. 

This kind of news makes me roll my eyes at naysayers who say things like "is Alpha cursed?" (no joke, a mutual friend of ours actually typed that). NO, Alpha isn't cursed. It just happens to be primarily focused on getting retail sales from enthusiast customers. That's typically where the biggest profits, return sales, and constructive feedback come from, and a smart company will look to maximize these things. Lest we forget, Alpha is a first-gen chassis. Judging by the reviews we are seeing for Omega, GM has the program firmly in place.

When your most expensive variant sells out that quickly you know it's time to up the percentage mix. Well done Cadillac!

This.. Absolutely This. The CTS-V and the Escalade possess a great deal of what would make a helluva sales romp happen over at Cadillac IF.. GM would just realize that the OHV V8 should be in everything they make in one form or another.. only exception maybe being the XT5.. and even that should get a TTV6 with minimum 400HP asap. 

This also reinforces why Cadillac needs to do a V edition of the Escalade. I would take a fully loaded ESV Platinum V edition now. Would love to have my escalade as is with that extra supercharged power! :D:metal:

An Escalade V would be a license to print money, as well as probably being GM's first total takeover of a global vehicle segment-no Range Rover or G-Class could hold a candle to it. Even the Bentley and Rolls SUVs would have trouble matching it.

This kind of news makes me roll my eyes at naysayers who say things like "is Alpha cursed?" (no joke, a mutual friend of ours actually typed that). NO, Alpha isn't cursed. It just happens to be primarily focused on getting retail sales from enthusiast customers. That's typically where the biggest profits, return sales, and constructive feedback come from, and a smart company will look to maximize these things. Lest we forget, Alpha is a first-gen chassis. Judging by the reviews we are seeing for Omega, GM has the program firmly in place.

Alpha is not cursed.. its just rightfully so.. more expensive than the Sigma and Zeta platforms it replaces. People want to see massive sales, but U aren't going to see that from a NICHE platform that even in its cheapest form comes in at $30K. The only way GM will see massive sales from Alpha is to pretty much make it so full of variants we can't see straight. At this point.. sales on that platform need to come off of a new purpose built SS Impala or better yet.. Chevelle, a Riviera, a ATS Coupe, wagon, sedan, a sub.. (sorry Dfelt and Balthazar) ATS model with, a Saturn Sky type Cadillac sports car and a few RWD Cadillac CUVs.

The Camaro simply is not gonna garner same sales as the Mustang without securing the Mustang's 35% Fleet mix. 

The ATS isn't gonna sell in 3/4Series numbers without also having a diesel, a convertible, a coupe, a wagon, a hybrid, and a vSeries of those coupes, wagons, sedans, and convertibles.. and did I forget actually be established into a segment Cadillac really hasn't TRIED before.

CTS needs to be on Omega.. because this is a thing BMW got right when they moved the 5Series over to the 7Series platform. The 5Series is essentially the SWB 7Series. The CTS(CT5) should be the SWB CT6

This also reinforces why Cadillac needs to do a V edition of the Escalade. I would take a fully loaded ESV Platinum V edition now. Would love to have my escalade as is with that extra supercharged power! :D:metal:

At this point.. just for profits and novelty. I could see a 550HP Escalade. 640HP in an Escalade would have GM on trial for MANSLAUGHTER weekly.. guaranteed. 

• Agree 3

No $h!, I saw 4 latest V Cadillac models today.

The gray ATS-V...it's sexceptional. Holy mother of god.

The blue ATS-V sedan I saw too.....hot blue taffy. Yum...

And then 2 CTS-V's side to side. One red like Casa's but the silver wheels, no spoiler and a white one with the dark wheels and carbon fibre package.

SHWEET.

• Agree 1

At this point.. just for profits and novelty. I could see a 550HP Escalade. 640HP in an Escalade would have GM on trial for MANSLAUGHTER weekly.. guaranteed. 

I see no problem with keeping the engine as is all 640 lovely ponies in the Escalade. :D:metal:

Other high end SUVs have this kind of power and are not on trial, just saying.

• Agree 1

Well we all need to take a step back here and understand what is really going on big picture and realize this is really good marketing than some big revelation. 

Take a look a the date. June 15th. Now figure out when the line change over for the new cars happens. Hmmm Right now to the first week of July normally. 

Now consider that Cadillac is selling about what is expected of this car as it is not going to be a high volume car. Most performance models outside the Camaro SS do not sell over 5K units a year at best including cheaper models like the Cobalt SS etc. 

You could not even order a CTS V for a month now. 

GM did a good job of building the right amount of cars for the market demands and we will see more on dealer lots as 2017 soon. 

But this marketing will help in image as most people will not understand the change over and the end of year changes here. Most will see the headline and consider there is high demand on these cars and that they should maybe take an interest. This is a brilliant play here and should attract more attention to the V and even the V sport. 

This is a great car but it will never be a high volume car nor do you want it to be. Once they go global they will expand production but each market it will remain a small player. That is good in this segment as not everyone wants to pull into the club and see 10 more just like it sitting there. Also you do not want to pull into Walmart and see a bunch of them there getting car dings. 

This is just what Cadillac needs to increase interest and demand of a car. You always want to leave people wanting more. In this case you will give them that feeling but yet will be able to feed it with in weeks with the 2017 models. 

This is a big change from years past where in August they are offering massive incentives to unload last years models. That is a real image killer. 

The Alpha, Cadillac and GM are all going in the right direction and it will only take time to let the seeds they planted grown. 

Alpha is not cursed.. its just rightfully so.. more expensive than the Sigma and Zeta platforms it replaces. People want to see massive sales, but U aren't going to see that from a NICHE platform that even in its cheapest form comes in at $30K. The only way GM will see massive sales from Alpha is to pretty much make it so full of variants we can't see straight. At this point.. sales on that platform need to come off of a new purpose built SS Impala or better yet.. Chevelle, a Riviera, a ATS Coupe, wagon, sedan, a sub.. (sorry Dfelt and Balthazar) ATS model with, a Saturn Sky type Cadillac sports car and a few RWD Cadillac CUVs.

The Camaro simply is not gonna garner same sales as the Mustang without securing the Mustang's 35% Fleet mix. 

The ATS isn't gonna sell in 3/4Series numbers without also having a diesel, a convertible, a coupe, a wagon, a hybrid, and a vSeries of those coupes, wagons, sedans, and convertibles.. and did I forget actually be established into a segment Cadillac really hasn't TRIED before.

CTS needs to be on Omega.. because this is a thing BMW got right when they moved the 5Series over to the 7Series platform. The 5Series is essentially the SWB 7Series. The CTS(CT5) should be the SWB CT6

There is no pressure on the Camaro to beat the Mustang. For one they share the platform and Ford does not. Second do not underestimate the Camaro as they have beaten the Mustang with the last gen on a regular basis. Get production up and more models on the lots and things will take off next year. 

I expect some changes soon on the Alpha. I suspect the platform will get a remake like the Omega and lose more weight with the aluminum, steel welding. Also they will revamp it for RHD. 

Also with the Omega the size it is now I suspect the Alpha may be made to go even smaller while the omega could support the CTS and larger. 

With so many management changed at Cadillac in the last few years the stability for a few here as they rebuild will get all their model on the same program. Lets face it the ATS and CTS were started under one manager and the CT6 and XT5 were another and now the work being done is all JDN and we have yet to see his first product. 

I really don't think people really have much of a clue how much things will change in the next couple years at Cadillac. They have done well under a mix of managers and once they get all on one idea they will really prosper and show direction. 

As for Cadillac some people just have to get with the program and understand they are no longer Cadillac material. (my mother inlaw) These will be higher priced lower volume cars for those with the means. 

This is a race where GM does not have to beat the Germans in volume. They just need to sell their cars at a fair rate at higher ATP and make a lot of profits to win. This is not like selling a Chevy anymore. 

The 2016s are sold out?  The 2017s start rolling down the line in T-minus 45 days. 

Is there an echo in here?

Shoot and I had my money all ready to go.  I guess I won't get one then.  :AH-HA:

I knew you bought all that Tesla stock for a reason! 

With your money you can get a 17 in 3 weeks. LOL!

Edited by hyperv6
  • Agree 3

Better to have 'em sold than gathering dust on the lot.

Exactly.. I am still hoping Cadillac keeps allocations low for '17. SPread some of that VSeries romp over to the CT6. That car is begging for a V8. And quite frankly.. could do well to skip the planned TTv8 altogether and simply have the LT1 and LT4 as the go to engines for the VSport and VSeries. Bottom line is f@#k no-nothing elitist enthusiasts who kno zero about engines except how to push the button to make them turn on..  put the SMALL BLOCK in these Cadillacs and keep it moving (ATS-V included)

I think the TTV8 has its place in the Cadillac lineup. 

I'm not saying it doesn't.. I'm just sayin that in the mean time we shouldn't be made to wait for a V8 when they have a perfectly PERFECT V8 available in various sizes 5.3L to 6.2L S/C. We are talking 355HP/383lbs up to 650HP/650lbs. The Cadillac brand cannot afford another growing pains NorthStar debacle. That engine was not bettered until 10 years after it debuted. The Ecotecs and LT1-LT4 are already pretty damn perfect.

Again.. I am a strong advocate for Cadillac having its own engines.. Turbo-charged preferably. I stand by the idea that in terms of the limited use V8s... the company one is perfect enough. Makes zero sense that the two most expensive CAddys have a SBC in them.. but the less expensive ones are too good for that same engine. I hear NO ONE complaining about the power or nvh of the 6.2L, forced air or NA

The TT3.6 already blows away the performance of the 5.3... and not by a little bit.   The S/C 6.3, sure... but the 3.6TT should be the engine in the CT6 over the 5.3.

Dude.. are U really arguing these points? I wasn't saying the TTV6s didn't. But the VAST argument that some come up with is that that they would rather have a V8, NA (and I was certainly taklking about the LT1 in performance apps) over the LF4, for instance in the ATS-V. My whole t5hought this entire tread is that it should be OPTIONAL.. and avail for those who do. I have driven both the Alpha applications of the LF4 and LT1.. I personally thought seat of the pants yielded similar results.. the instrument tests out there show the same , buuuuuuuuut.. some still just want to say that they have a V8... so why not give it to them.. and make them pay for it?

Options cost money. GM would have to pay to certify the car in that configuration with the EPA (which isn't cheap) and for what would likely be a relatively low take rate. 

Super low considering it'd be a low run option on a low run car on a car that hasn't sold all that well to begin with. 

I think the LT1 could have been a good option for 2014-2017 model years, to replace the 3.6 TT and maybe even the 3.6 V6.  I still think the 2.0T and 3.6 V6 are pretty redundant as they make similar torque, the fuel economy is similar too.   But if they had an LT1 V8 CTS for $55k priced the same as a Corvette, then maybe the Cadillac could have gotten some better sales numbers.  I don't think a pushrod V8 is the right engine for Cadillac, but compared to the V6s they have, it would be been an upgrade.  And at the time they didn't have a Cadillac V8.

Ideally, Cadillac would have an 100% turbo lineup of 4, 6 and 8 cylinders.   And you would add hybrids and plug-ins to those 3 engines.  Later down the line pure electrics. 

Edited by smk4565

Any investment now at Cadillac is into the future of Cadillac. No more using what is just on the shelf if they can help it moving on from this point. 

As of now they are plowing money into new engines and models that we have not even been hinted about yet and they are not going to take the time and man power away from fixing the future to put in a Chevy truck engine. 

While the Chevy engine is a good engine it counters everything they are trying to do in changing image. 

While it may not seem like a big deal to some putting a truck engine or a $36K Camaro engine in a car that cost twice as much just leaves a poor impression for someone shelling out the money. In this class people are paying for technology along with the power. You want people to pay more you have to give them more than you get with a Chevy. 

It was like the Caprice and Fleetwood. While the Fleetwood was a nice car it really was just a Caprice with some fancy dress. The future is not that far out and it is better to just ride out the transition and use the money to do what really needs done. Time to fix the issues and stop putting the band aides on. Like Drew stated the cost of engineering and certification is just not worth the trouble.