regfootball

What have we done? 2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5t

Progressively wider, 'all season' tires have pushed cars into AWD powertrains for winter traction. It's not weight-driven, as cars now are heaver relative to their footprint than ever before.

Edited by balthazar
  • Upvote 2

On 6/30/2016 at 9:15 AM, regfootball said:

Start stop hasn't come on much so far. If you are soft on the brake pedal, it won't shut off.

It's no CTS but it'll do. :)

Mazda is way overrated. The car gets good test numbers because of the way they ring it out but in normal driving it doesn't shift or wind up fast enough to feel quick. And it's not quiet sounding like the Mali. I'm surprised at how Sprite the 1.5 and real tranny is when you learn the torque band. When off the gas it just cruises well and is really quiet.

I would totally agree with this.

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

Progressively wider, 'all season' tires have pushed cars into AWD powertrains for winter traction. It's not weight-driven, as cars now are heaver relative to their footprint than ever before.

2016 Malibu is noted at 3,159 pounds in Car and Driver's road test of the 2016 model.  Car and Driver's road test of a 2014 with the 2.5 Ecotec is listed at 3,571 pounds.

The 2016 (new) Cruze they have noted as 2,944 pounds, and the LTZ of the old 2011 Cruze is listed at 3,206 pounds in one of their articles.

The AWD 2018 Buick Regal GS (platform shared) is listed as 3,820 pounds.  The 2014 Regal GS AWD that C/D tested was listed at 4,022 pounds.

Edited by regfootball
  • Thanks 1

^ That's cool, I realize GM has put dieting on the short list, and that's good. It's also spurred a number of other OEMs to follow suit. Generally speaking as I was tho, vehicles have gotten extremely porky vs. their size.

• Upvote 2

On 2/10/2019 at 7:07 PM, regfootball said:

2016 Malibu is noted at 3,159 pounds in Car and Driver's road test of the 2016 model.  Car and Driver's road test of a 2014 with the 2.5 Ecotec is listed at 3,571 pounds.

The 2016 (new) Cruze they have noted as 2,944 pounds, and the LTZ of the old 2011 Cruze is listed at 3,206 pounds in one of their articles.

The AWD 2018 Buick Regal GS (platform shared) is listed as 3,820 pounds.  The 2014 Regal GS AWD that C/D tested was listed at 4,022 pounds.

On 2/10/2019 at 7:27 PM, balthazar said:

^ That's cool, I realize GM has put dieting on the short list, and that's good. It's also spurred a number of other OEMs to follow suit. Generally speaking as I was tho, vehicles have gotten extremely porky vs. their size.

That '14 Regal GS weighs more than my '81 Oldsmobile!

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

That '14 Regal GS weighs more than my '81 Oldsmobile!

All the stupid safety Nanny devices probably.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook