Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

MT Calls Out "Insular, Paranoid" Ford PR

...also, the Mustang and Camaro, in GT and SS trims especially, are not terribly close in performance. This is why the Camaro is COTY and the Mustang is not.

Nope. Ford's PR department is feeling the pain, and they're having a hissy fit.

The Camaro beat out the Mustang for COTY?

The Camaro beat out everything new for COTY. I believe the Shelby may have been on the list this year. If not then it's not so much that the Camaro won (against a new Civic no less), then that the Mustang lost when it was eligible. In any case, the Camaro is the better car.

The magazines exist for people to dream a little dream.

The magazines exist for internet bravado and arm chair racing.

The magazines exist for fanboys to cheer when the magazines say good things about their favorites.

The magazines exist for fanboys to cry home to mommy when the magazines say bad things about their favorites.

The magazines exist and are biased as hell.

The magazines exist and forget their biases whenever it suits their agenda for that particular purpose.

Magazines are full of shyte in other words...

Says the Ford fan.

I rest my case.

How exactly is he a Ford fan? Good grief man. Why be an ass about everything?

He just tarred all car mags with the same brush of bias and owns a Ford, but you choose to throw shade on me for being an ass.

Get outta here with that crap

• Disagree 1

The magazines exist for fanboys to cheer when the magazines say good things about their favorites.

The magazines exist for fanboys to cry home to mommy when the magazines say bad things about their favorites.

The magazines exist and forget their biases whenever it suits their agenda for that particular purpose.

Says the Ford fan.

I rest my case.

How exactly is he a Ford fan? Good grief man. Why be an ass about everything?

He just tarred all car mags with the same brush of bias and owns a Ford, but you choose to throw shade on me for being an ass.

Get outta here with that crap

What the hell ever man. I have backed you when you said something relevant and legit. Sorry but this is not one of those times. Who gives two $h!s what he says about the magazines? He is right to a point and it's actually you that is trying to tar him with the same brush you do actual Ford fanboys (He has an Acura too so I guess that makes him a big ole' Acura fanboy too?), of which he is clearly not. Get yourself out of here with that bull$h! if you can't see the obviousness of your error. 

BTW, not one Ford was on the COTY list for 2016 so there went that little theory as well.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 2

...also, the Mustang and Camaro, in GT and SS trims especially, are not terribly close in performance. This is why the Camaro is COTY and the Mustang is not.

Nope. Ford's PR department is feeling the pain, and they're having a hissy fit.

The Camaro beat out the Mustang for COTY?

The Camaro beat out everything new for COTY. I believe the Shelby may have been on the list this year. If not then it's not so much that the Camaro won (against a new Civic no less), then that the Mustang lost when it was eligible. In any case, the Camaro is the better car.

No neither the Shelby GT 350 or R where on the list 

Edited by FordCosworth

Yes El K....

Im a Ford fan.

As much as I am a GM fan and a MOPAR guy.

I used to be a closet MOPAR fan. Not anymore. Ive come out of the closet and Im loud and proud flaunting my MOPAR colours....

Yes El K...the link from this website shows EXACTLY how biased I am against a Camaro and how biased I am FOR a FORD product:

https://www.cheersandgears.com/topic/86371-2016-camaro-ss-drive/

Id buy the Camaro with my own money too.

No Seriously.

I am a car guy at the end of the day and I definitely appreciate what this car has to offer in terms of sportscar-ability.

The Alpha Camaro V8 has got to be one of the best there is in the world no matter what genre you want to make it compete in whatever performance metric you want to throw at it.

But....I HATE the way it looks on the outside. (I could live with the less than stellar outward visibility from the inside)

And because I dont have the need (or money and demerit points to spare) to be Jacques Villeneuve (or Jan Magnussen) on the streets...a quite capable, even if a tad less than the Camaro, 2016 Mustang which  has a prettier face and body inside and out than said Camaro  will do...

And....because at my age where performance metrics mean less and less,  the other pony car which is more true to its muscle car roots is where my loyalties reside.

Dodge Challenger Scat Pack if not the Hellcat. Outdated chassis or not. It handles and drives and stops  better than any muscle car from the 60s-80s. Hell, it drives and handles and stops better than most sporty cars from the 1990s. It handles and drives and stops just fine for 2016...and it handles and drives and stops GREAT for what it is and THAT is what Im looking for!!!

So....with that being said....

The Camaro is one helluva ride.

I wrote that 3 days ago....BEFORE I got accused by you...

Before my Fusion...(wife's car)

I had a Mazda 3...(wife's car)

I also bought a W-Body Chevy Impala SS supercharged...

A 1999 Olds Alero GLS coupe.

A 2007 Ford Edge...(wife's car)

I currently own for myself..an Acura TL SH-AWD

That would be 2 Ford products and 2 General Motors products...

And 2 Japanese foreign jobs.

Ive got an Oldsmobile name and a Poncho face rising up from the ashes.

Currently, Ive got a MOPAR signature that bids farewell to a great warrior.

So....by me showing you how pathetic your argument is makes me a Ford fanboy....

Then it is what it is.

But you are right....I AM A FORD GUY.

JUST AS MUCH AS I AM A GM GUY and AS MUCH AS I AM A MOPAR GUY!

AND TESLA TOO!!!

I LOVE AMERICAN CARS, DUDE!

PS: THANX

MR. COSWORTH

SURREAL

CCAP

For defending me....I really did not have to respond as you guys said and did everything for me!

• Agree 1

Oh....Bong...

This car magazine had no problems getting a Ford Mustang GT350...

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2016-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-z51-vs-2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-comparison-test

Corvette Stingray versus GT350

Read the article for what criteria they was looking for....

Oh....and the GT350 came in FIRST PLACE!!!

Remember Bong...any stupid excuse coming from you as to why the Vette lost and the Stang won only makes my brushing all car mags with the same brush and stroke all the more accurate....

11998189.jpg

keep-calm-and-take-it-like-a-bitch-1.png

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2

Good for MT for calling out Ford for not supplying a car. Does Ford not have confidence in their own product? If they refuse to show up sounds like they know they have an inferior car.

Car and Driver just did a small car comparo, the Mazda 3 I think was the most dated car in the comparo and still won. Car companies should have faith in their product.

• Agree 1

LOL at the war going on in here....

Thinking it will get a bit closer by the end of the year.....both models will get cash on the hood as automakers to shake up slower sales this year.

I like them both, and they are pretty much the same punch to punch. Up to you which one you enjoy.......

"The magazines are BIASED!"

Well, duh. I already said that.

They're biased in favor of FUN PRODUCT. And right now GM has more fun product than Ford. Simple as that.

I've been content to just sit idly by and let those who decry the Camaro's styling and marketing tie-ins do so because hey, different strokes for different folks. But c'mon. At some point when you make a blanket statement like "the magazines are full of shyte" while still harping on the Camaro every chance you get? Ya... a bit biased yourself, man.

Me? I'm totally biased. I like fun cars. And I like companies who make them consistently, and consistently well. GM has been doing that since '08. Ford gets it right sometimes... but not enough, and certainly not in the segments that I'd be looking to buy in.

It is what it is, man

"The magazines are BIASED!"

Well, duh. I already said that.

They're biased in favor of FUN PRODUCT. And right now GM has more fun product than Ford. Simple as that.

I've been content to just sit idly by and let those who decry the Camaro's styling and marketing tie-ins do so because hey, different strokes for different folks. But c'mon. At some point when you make a blanket statement like "the magazines are full of shyte" while still harping on the Camaro every chance you get? Ya... a bit biased yourself, man.

Me? I'm totally biased. I like fun cars. And I like companies who make them consistently, and consistently well. GM has been doing that since '08. Ford gets it right sometimes... but not enough, and certainly not in the segments that I'd be looking to buy in.

It is what it is, man

"They're biased in favor of FUN PRODUCT"

So are you saying the GT350 is more fun than the Vette?

Because it seems to me that you have waved the white flag...in accepting the fact that car mags have hidden agendas....

So....right now you have 0 wins and 2 loses.

1st loss:

The GT350 is more fun than the Vette because car mags are biased of fun product because CarandDriver's comparo, the GT350 won.

2nd loss:

YOU even admitted that car mags are biased....you like to change the goal posts....

And right now GM has more fun product than Ford. Simple as that."

Your 3rd loss is coming right up...

Ford versus Chevy

Mustang versus Camaro (and Vette by me-but still a Chevy)

Is now a whine-fest by YOU changing the goal posts to FoMoCo versus GM

OK....No problem....Im comfy with that too...as Ford does not need RWD and  V Series Cadillacs to compete in this....

Ford Fiesta in ST and RS (to come in 2017 I believe) trims

2016-ford-fiesta-st-kona-blue.jpg?fit=64

2018%2Bfiesta%2Bst%2Bfront.png

Focus ST and RS trims

focus-RS-vs-focus-ST.jpg

Fusion Sport...with 325 HP and 350 FT/LBS torque under the hood, I reckon she will be one fun ride...

first-look-2017-ford-fusion-v6-sport-102

Ford Raptor

A different kind of fun.

Fun non-the-less.

raptor_cm_roadrage_2.jpg

I aint doing Mustang as Camaro is there and no GT as the Vette is there.

These are all vehicles that GM has no answer for....I know you will play the Cadillac card....That would be ATS and CTS....in V trims too...that makes 4 models...

Id say FoMoCo is on EQUAL footing in the "fun" department with GM...

Poor Bong....lets see where all this ignition fiasco leads us and hopefully it wont cost too much so more Cadillac V trimmed cars keep on coming, because if GM gets a VW kinda fine, say good-bye to some Cadillac projects...and maybe even the rumored mid-engined Vette....that would probably be scuttled  and we get to keep  the C7 for another decade...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

Olds,

You literally read my mind with that post ^. No need to state anything you've already said.  :thumbsup:

The only thing I'd say is that ATS-V is a Camaro with a fancy interior. While I love it, it isn't a secret to us what it really is. Also, GM has the SS even though this is the last model year for it. 

Edited by ccap41

I've made my feelings on the Shelby vs. Stingray comparo perfectly clear: I'm cool with it.

Because it was a lot of politics. But not from the source you think.

You see, everyone knows that the numbers for the Shelby and SS are close enough to warrant their own comparo. But it hasn't happened yet. Why?

Simple: Ford doesn't have the stones to authorize it. Which-hello!-is the raison d'être of this thread. So, the mags are only allowed to test the Shelby under nebulous conditions, with no truly direct competition (C/D even titles their article "Asymmetrical Warfare"). Ford knows the Camaro would make it look bad.

Simple as that. C'mon guys-look past the brand bias.

Edited by El Kabong

Chevy SS

We dont get it up here in Canada...Bong is Canadian living in Alberta. Im Canadian living in Quebec.

We both dont have access to it.

I could just as easily put this up and it becomes a moot point real fast since we both dont have access to that either.

(I know you know, its just for the dramatic effect...the one on the left   (Edit: the one on the right....it would be on your left :D )is the Chevy SS in Aussie land)

1429509597829.jpg

Which reminds me...

Even though it may not be to his royal pain in the ass majesty's type of car he is looking for...

GM has no answer to this one either...

2013_ford_taurus_sho_tuxedo_black_metall

The Taurus might be a bloated pig, the SHO version makes it into a mean wild boar.

I've made my feelings on the Shelby vs. Stingray comparo perfectly clear: I'm cool with it.

You see, everyone knows that the numbers for the Shelby and SS are close enough to warrant their own comparo. But it hasn't happened yet. Why?

Simple: Ford doesn't have the stones to authorize it. Which-hello!-is the raison d'être of this thread. So, the mags are only allowed to test the Shelby under nebulous conditions, with no truly direct competition (C/D even titles their article "Asymmetrical Warfare"). Ford knows the Camaro would make it look bad.

"Simple as that. C'mon guys-look past the brand bias."

Follow your own advice, mate.

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2

The 1LE and GT350R are in MT's Best Driver's car comparo RIGHT NOW. 

And you're talking to two people that are very open minded about cars, unlike yourself. Maybe YOU should, "look past the brand bias."

Edited by ccap41
  • Agree 1

Chevy SS

We dont get it up here in Canada...Bong is Canadian living in Alberta. Im Canadian living in Quebec.

We both dont have access to it.

I could just as easily put this up and it becomes a moot point real fast since we both dont have access to that either.

(I know you know, its just for the dramatic effect...the one on the left   (Edit: the one on the right....it would be on your left :D )is the Chevy SS in Aussie land)

1429509597829.jpg

Which reminds me...

Even though it may not be to his royal pain in the ass majesty's type of car he is looking for...

GM has no answer to this one either...

2013_ford_taurus_sho_tuxedo_black_metall

The Taurus might be a bloated pig, the SHO version makes it into a mean wild boar.

Ahhhhh I forgot about the SHO.. probably because I'm not a fan of it but it does exist. It's cool "for what it is". I guess that would kind of me like an SS competitor(even though the SS would wipe the floor with it). But they are about the same size, right? 

And you're talking to two people that are very open minded about cars, unlike yourself. Maybe YOU should, "look past the brand bias."

Per the BDC...

Though M/T had nothing but praise for the Focus RS, its been omitted ( eliminated? ) from the the BDC Competition before it even began.

Per the BDC...

Though M/T had nothing but praise for the Focus RS, its been omitted ( eliminated? ) from the the BDC Competition before it even began.

Oh yeah, I have MT on SnapChat and I completely forgot about the RS. It was never there. 

• Agree 1

The SHO sucks as a performance sedan. Always had since this gen came out. As a hi-po family cruiser, it's alright.

2016 is not the last MY for the SS Sedan.

Ford is making more performance models than GM is ATM, but GM's offerings typically usurp their rivals, imo. Both performance vehicle and otherwise.

• Agree 1

So anyways... so fa

So why was the Focus RS eliminated? :scratchchin:

Ford pulled the plug when they found out it had more power than the Mustang EB :D

Salty bunch :D :D :D

So anyways... so fa

So why was the Focus RS eliminated? :scratchchin:

Ford pulled the plug when they found out it had more power than the Mustang EB :D

Salty bunch :D :D :D

So why was the Focus RS eliminated?  :scratchchin:

GM complained about it being quicker around Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca than the 1LE   :hissyfit:

:jump:

• Disagree 1

That's the Ford PR talking, I'm guessing. Out of what end we have no idea.

But seriously... its gotta be frustrating for the media dealing with with a manufacturer that seems intent on self-praise.

Edited by El Kabong

I don't know if it was "eliminated" but it hasn't been there. 

The SHO sucks as a performance sedan. Always had since this gen came out. As a hi-po family cruiser, it's alright.

Ford is making more performance models than GM is ATM, but GM's offerings typically usurp their rivals, imo. Both performance vehicle and otherwise.

2017 is what I was thinking. Which is only 11 days away from being "now". 

But seriously... its gotta be frustrating for the media dealing with with a manufacturer that seems intent on self-praise.

Which brings us back to square 1...

From Motor Trend:

Where was it? We eagerly invited this strong-selling, dynamically enticing compact, but an increasingly paranoid and insular Ford PR department refused to participate. Again. Rental options failed to meet our demanding specifications, but be warned, Ford: Next time we’re taking whatever beater Hertz has to offer.

That little tantrum statement sounds just as desperate as Ford's PR department not wanting to play...

To which Ill repeat my original opinion on it....

Especially when this statement: "Next time we’re taking whatever beater Hertz has to offer" sounds like a threat rather than an honest to goodness true journalism...

A threat like that seems like the article will be  a scathingly negative review...

I think a threat like that makes Motor Trend even LESS credible than they already are...

Motor Trend's  words sometimes are worthless...

Edited by oldshurst442

Which brings us back to square 1...

From Motor Trend:

Where was it? We eagerly invited this strong-selling, dynamically enticing compact, but an increasingly paranoid and insular Ford PR department refused to participate. Again. Rental options failed to meet our demanding specifications, but be warned, Ford: Next time we’re taking whatever beater Hertz has to offer.

That little tantrum statement sounds just as desperate as Ford's PR department not wanting to play...

To which Ill repeat my original opinion on it....

Especially when this statement: "Next time we’re taking whatever beater Hertz has to offer" sounds like a threat rather than an honest to goodness true journalism...

A threat like that seems like the article will be  a scathingly negative review...

I think a threat like that makes Motor Trend even LESS credible than they already are...

Motor Trend's  words sometimes are worthless...

And there is a reason for it.   Ford is not Tesla.  Tesla only gives out press cars in very specific instances.  A Focus is not a Tesla... a Focus has a LOT of direct competition.  If Ford no longer wants to be included in these comparisons, that's fine, but then don't complain when someone DOES go to Hertz to get their hands on the product to review. 

Edit:  After my incident with the MKC, I simply chose not to write the review on it. I felt there was no way I could do that review in an unbiased manner.  Not only had Lincoln PR made that rude insinuation, but it was on the same day and at the same time that I had received some bad news.  The bad news has passed and I'm cooler of head now, but I have to be extra careful with myself when doing Lincoln reviews. 

• Agree 2

This reminds me of the Montreal media going ape shyte because the Montreal Canadiens Hockey Club wouldn't divulge ANY information about their number 1 goalie superstar Carey Price's injury last season.

The Montreal Media were inventing stories because the Montreal Hockey Club had nothing to report...and when the Hockey Club told a couple of reporters to stop feeding the public lies....these journalistic idiots said that it was the Hockey Club's fault for them speculating flasehoods and that it is their duty...to lie, in essence...

And they said its the Hockey Club's duty to divulge their secrets to them...

How narcissistic can you get?

And I aint talking about the Habs....and I CANT STAND THE HABS!!!

Drew...

Threats, lies and innuendo are not part of the 5 Ws of journalism...

Facts are facts....

And if Motor Trend wants to give a fair comparo stating the facts....then all cars should be of the rental kind...if not....

Motor Trend is as worthy as the National Enquirer and TMZ...

This reminds me of the Montreal media going ape shyte because the Montreal Canadiens Hockey Club wouldn't divulge ANY information about their number 1 goalie superstar Carey Price's injury last season.

The Montreal Media were inventing stories because the Montreal Hockey Club had nothing to report...and when the Hockey Club told a couple of reporters to stop feeding the public lies....these journalistic idiots said that it was the Hockey Club's fault for them speculating flasehoods and that it is their duty...to lie, in essence...

Drew...

Facts are facts....

And if Motor Trend wants to give a fair comparo stating the facts....then all cars should be of the rental kind...if not....

Seems kind of silly to blame MT for the fact that Ford won't give them a real test car.

• Agree 1

Drew...

Facts are facts....

Seems kind of silly to blame MT for the fact that Ford won't give them a real test car.

Seems kind of silly to try to belittle and to threaten a car company to comply...

Like I said...journalism is there ONLY to state the facts....EQUAL and FAIR DEVOID of ANY BIAS....

I repeat....the Hertz comment is akin to the National Enquirer and TMZ...

Tabloid bullshyte..nullifying, in my eyes, their coveted COTY awards for the modern times....

I guess credibility means nothing anymore...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

Drew...

Facts are facts....

Seems kind of silly to try to belittle and to threaten a car company to comply...

Sorry, but from the side I'm on, there was no belittling, and telling it like it is should be the norm for the press.

Saying "we wanted to test a Focus, but Ford wouldn't give us one, so we got it from Hertz instead" is still good journalism.  Telling Ford ahead of time that they intend to do it is good journalism as long as MT doesn't deliberately sabotage the rental car to make Ford look bad, I have no problem with it.  I have reviewed and will continue to review rental cars as I get them. 

It also is a very different scenario than the hockey one you describe.  Making up stuff and innuendo is not journalism. I don't see where MT did any of that here if the facts are taken at face value (and I have no reason to doubt them). MT explained why certain other cars were left out of the comparison, and they were valid reasons.  Ford not showing up isn't a valid reason. 

• Agree 2

Drew...

Facts are facts....

Like I said...journalism is there ONLY to state the facts....EQUAL and FAIR DEVOID of ANY BIAS....

I repeat....the Hertz comment is akin to the National Enquirer and TMZ...

Tabloid bullshyte..nullifying, in my eyes, their coveted COTY awards for the modern times....

I guess credibility means nothing anymore...

Yeah, there's no reason Ford NEEDS Motor Trend to review their stuff. Maybe in the Past MT has been assholes to them or they feel they've been treated unfairly. 

Just because Ford doesn't give them the exact car they want doesn't mean Ford is scared. There are hundred of variables that could be in place because the two companies have been around for so long. 

Telling it how it is....

Fine....

But Ford did not whine about a rental car negating yours and my false assumptions of belittling and whining...

But it is a threat.

We all know that rentals are abused and most definitely will have faults that will affect some sort of performance or quality metric...

So....why mention it now for the next time?

Motor Trend thinks we are all teenagers and want that style of WWE wrestling smack talk...

Let me repeat:

Threats, lies and innuendo is worthy of the National Enquirer and TMZ...

Fair is fair...

If one car is rental grade, then all cars should be rental grade...if not....its sensationalist journalism IE National Enquirer and TMZ.

YES CCAP...

Its like Motor Trend thinks they are the be all end all of automotive anything....and Ford should bow down to them.

f@#k MOTOR TREND and THEIR CHILDISH ANTICS.....

WOOOOOOOO.....Ford did not give them a car.

They could buy one and use theirs....

Oh....no complimentary treats for a favorable review this way!!!

So we threaten to NOT have negative reviews next time!!!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

I will be the first to admit that there is a sense of entitlement in the automotive press, (But not here at CheersandGears.com of course).  

But Olds, this isn't the first time Ford has refused to play in comparison tests.... not just at MT, but at other publications too.  They are notoriously difficult about it.   The only thing that MT did differently this time was call them out publically. 

• Agree 2

You just had someone here tell you that MT is not the only site/publication that Ford has pissed off yet you insist this is all about MTs antics which, if you ask me, are 100% justified. Can't be everyone else's fault when they are telling you the same issues they are having with ONE company.

Then, if it aint only MT, then it must be some sort of company policy.

But we want to fault that company policy and say that Ford is salty?

Yeah....real mature.

Drew and William are journalists too and they too have been given the cold shoulder from Ford.

Question is this:

When a journalist gets the cold shoulder, why does HE/SHE become bitter?

And Im not saying Drew and William are bitter.

Im asking why did MT call out Ford they way they did?

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

You just had someone here tell you that MT is not the only site/publication that Ford has pissed off yet you insist this is all about MTs antics which, if you ask me, are 100% justified. Can't be everyone else's fault when they are telling you the same issues they are having with ONE company.

But why do they have to give them a car at all? 

That's my only issue with the whole thing. 

Then, if it aint only MT, then it must be some sort of company policy.

But we want to fault that company policy and say that Ford is salty?

Yeah....real mature.

Drew and William are journalists too and they too have been given the cold shoulder from Ford.

Question is this:

When a journalist gets the cold shoulder, why does HE/SHE become bitter?

And Im not saying Drew and William are bitter.

Im asking why did MT call out Ford they way they did?

Probably because they are tired of dealing it.  I won't name the other publication that I know has experienced this with Ford because they chose not to make it public, but I know the journalist and I respect his integrity.   And it's a fairly major publication. 

they don't.  Tesla is far far worse about this than Ford, but they can get away with it (for now) because they're Tesla.   If it was a one or two time thing due to scheduling obligations, that would be one thing... but refusing to participate is another. 

I also get the impression that there is some misunderstanding about how cars are reviewed in the press.  If I were writing lately, I could call *any* of the major manufacturers and most of the small ones (not exotics... the Subarus, Mazdas, etc) and request a loan of any of their vehicles for a week.   They know who CheersandGears.com is, and I would guess we have a reputation (even if I'm not aware of what that rep is). In about a month's time as scheduling allows, the car would be delivered to our home or office and we would test the car for a week.  After a week, the company picks the car up.  That's how 99.975% of the car reviews you read are created.  None of the manufacturers are obligated to loan out a car, but nearly all of them do for the publicity of it.  As a smaller publication, we are sometimes pushed aside for the likes of MT or C&D and I understand that... we're not big fish.  

But even as small as we are, it is very easy for myself or William to get a car. So why are other publications, ones that are much larger and with a much longer pedigree than us, having such difficulty with Ford? 

• Agree 1

they don't.  Tesla is far far worse about this than Ford, but they can get away with it (for now) because they're Tesla.   If it was a one or two time thing due to scheduling obligations, that would be one thing... but refusing to participate is another. 

I also get the impression that there is some misunderstanding about how cars are reviewed in the press.  If I were writing lately, I could call *any* of the major manufacturers and most of the small ones (not exotics... the Subarus, Mazdas, etc) and request a loan of any of their vehicles for a week.   They know who CheersandGears.com is, and I would guess we have a reputation (even if I'm not aware of what that rep is). In about a month's time as scheduling allows, the car would be delivered to our home or office and we would test the car for a week.  After a week, the company picks the car up.  That's how 99.975% of the car reviews you read are created.  None of the manufacturers are obligated to loan out a car, but nearly all of them do for the publicity of it.  As a smaller publication, we are sometimes pushed aside for the likes of MT or C&D and I understand that... we're not big fish.  

But even as small as we are, it is very easy for myself or William to get a car. So why are other publications, ones that are much larger and with a much longer pedigree than us, having such difficulty with Ford? 

Quoting myself here, but I wanted to add to my comments.

2010 was the first time we attended one of the major auto shows as Press.  GM actually offered to sponsor the trip for me, but I declined due to what I saw as an ethical boundary. However, I did participate in a number of the meetings.  GM took a bunch of heat that year for sponsoring "small time" bloggers and twitter people to attend.  Remember, in 2008 and 2009, blogging was still considered a relatively amatuer sport.  I still remember the glaring looks from the "real" automotive press. 

The only other thing I had accepted from GM that year was a press loaner.  Handing out press cars to us "small time" bloggers was virtually unheard of at the time... press cars went to MT or C&D...you know, "real publications with real editors". Only a few of the smaller websites would get cars back then, and even then, it was just the scraps.   

Over the years GM has provided many many press cars to both William and myself. The other manufactures aside from Ford have largely been similarly accommodating, one only has to look at the variety of cars that William has written reviews on to see that.. .  I've only ever had 4 from Ford.  Ford Fusion Hybrid (last gen), Ford F-350 SD (last gen), Ford Fiesta (original gen), and Ford Escape (last gen).  I realize I haven't written in a while, but the total from GM for me has to be over 40

edit:  This was the car I drove to Detroit. 2010 Cadillac Sportwagon Interactive Review We had a different format for reviews back then because we didn't have the article management system we have today. 

So just searched all of Washington and Oregon state called the local ford dealer to ask about the RS and was told they are not available at this time.

Yet Ford has them on the web site as a buildable model.

Something stinks in Detroit City!  :confused0071:

So just searched all of Washington and Oregon state called the local ford dealer to ask about the RS and was told they are not available at this time.

Yet Ford has them on the web site as a buildable model.

Something stinks in Detroit City!  :confused0071:

I've seen 2 "in the wild" so I know they're selling.

I agree to everything you have said.

On GM's performance:

GM's engineers on high performance vehicles is super focused and dialed in.

They are taking no prisoners. No mercy.

And that is good.

Ford the brand(not FoMoCo) is doing great in becoming an enthusiasts choice for driving enjoyment.

Today's Mazda and 1990s Honda seems to be their inspiration.

And that is also good.

I dont see what the problem is???!!!

PS: The Taurus.

I said it was a bloated pig.

The SHO.

I said it becomes a mean, wild boar.

I think we both could agree to each other's testament and shake hands on it!

I like the current Focus and would buy one as an SE hatch with blackout package... but only if it has a stickshift.  That automanual is atrocious, no wonder people hate it far and wide.

It is. And it's childish of Ford to not do it.

Playing Devils Advocate, but if you were a company and you felt that some specific media / news outlets were being a bit heavy handed about some brands and a free pass to others and you felt you might not get a fair shake would you not also decide to ignore or decline those companies that you perceive to not be fair?

I admit it is hard for humans period to be impartial and non-judgemental, but I think most of us find Consumer Reports to be very Asian Biased in comparison to American auto's. Why is this and is it due to what the American companies have done or some other reason?

Point being, I agree with you and others that Ford seems to be taking a low road to pettiness. I think if you believe in your product you will stand up for it no matter how the review is and use said reviews to make your products better.

With that said, I do not blame a company from not wanting to waste resources on a bias comparison that will not be at least equal if not gain something from it.