Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

MT Calls Out "Insular, Paranoid" Ford PR

Listen Surreal....

More than what I have posted RIGHT AFTER DREW gave me a warning is pushing my luck...with DREW!

I don't care what YOU are BONG thinks!

My answer is clear at post #149...

My opinion of El Kabong on his thread is also clear all over his thread!

The rest Surreal...I suggest we cut it because we are giving Drew a hard time for nothing!

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

So much fluff over a Ford Focus...

Yet nadda a care on my M/T omitted the Focus RS from the BDC?

Maybe because that is a different subject that perhaps you should start your own thread with.

So all that Camaro and Mustang talk in this thread is what exactly?

And I noticed you didn't mention anything to ones partaking in the Mustang/Camaro talk about starting a thread 

Edited by FordCosworth

Maybe because that is a different subject that perhaps you should start your own thread with.

And I noticed you didn't mention anything to ones partaking in the Mustang/Camaro talk about starting a thread

Don't care. I am merely suggesting it now. You can just stop with the deflecting bull$h! because I'm not buying it.

For the record though, that discussion was brought up by the OP as further proof of Fords beef with MT. Proper context is your friend.

Guess you also didn't notice that I put Bong on blast for his Ford fanboy remarks towards Olds either. Face it. You're not mad because of what was said or not said. You're mad because of who said them. My suggestion to you is to get over it.

Edited by surreal1272

Don't care. I am merely suggesting it now. You can just stop with the deflecting bull$h! because I'm not buying it.

For the record though, that discussion was brought up by the OP as further proof of Fords beef with MT. Proper context is your friend.

Guess you also didn't notice that I put Bong on blast for his Ford fanboy remarks towards Olds either. Face it. You're not mad because of what was said or not said. You're mad because of who said them. My suggestion to you is to get over it.

Face it.....you obviously care. This is your second reply to the fact. 

And no I'm not mad. I'm lol at your wannabe mod tactics of telling others what to do. 

Face it.....you obviously care. This is your second reply to the fact. 

And no I'm not mad. I'm lol at your wannabe mod tactics of telling others what to do.

Get over yourself. First off, it was merely a suggestion because Drew has already put his foot down on the deflection tactics.

Second, and this is most important part, let me clarify my "don't care" remark. I don't care about your feelings at all. It had no bearing on your actual remark itself. Again, context.

Your bitching about what I didn't say to someone else is what a kid says to their parents. "Well, you didn't tell Johnny he couldn't do that so why can't I?"

Seriously.

Good.

So, does anyone think that Ford will be more accommodating to the automotive press going forward?

Nah, they don't need to. The only real reasons they need to is to appease fanboys like yourself that are so stuck on one or two tenths of a second on one or two performence measurements.

So you can't answer a legitimate question. Thanks for the vote confirming that.

Good grief.

Good lord. Children caring about "votes" again. Grow a sack.
  • Agree 1

Good.

So, does anyone think that Ford will be more accommodating to the automotive press going forward?

Nah, they don't need to. The only real reasons they need to is to appease fanboys like yourself that are so stuck on one or two tenths of a second on one or two performence measurements.

So you can't answer a legitimate question. Thanks for the vote confirming that.

Good grief.

Good lord. Children caring about "votes" again. Grow a sack.
Excuse me? It was posted as a simple observation. Caring has not jack $h! to do with it ccap. Edited by surreal1272

I don't care if it's an observation or whatever it is. Making a post out of it is stupid as F. If you care enough to make a post about it you don't have enough sack to not care about one tiny little "-1" on some Internet website.

Again, grow a set if a vote of any kind has any effect on your life.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

I don't care if it's an observation or whatever it is. Making a post out of it is stupid as F. If you care enough to make a post about it you don't have enough sack to not care about one tiny little "-1" on some Internet website.

Jesus tap dancing christ ccap. You are way overthinking and overstating this. Again, it was an observation as it related to what was being discussed and was mentioned purely as an afterthought anyway. If someone wants to down vote, so be it but telling me to "grow a sack" is pure bull$h! and an F on your part and does not mean it has any effect on me other than how I just mentioned it. 

Good grief.

Edited by surreal1272

Look if withholding test cars is bad, then why did Cadillac withhold the XT5 from a comparison against the competition it is intended to destroy? It did not come out favorably when they did finally coax a vehicle from GM.

I'm not going to change the subject, but the optics are pretty clear. The Focus being really a much older car in terms of underpinnings only had only its new Sync 3, fairly decent interior, par for the course efficiency, rather tidy dimensions and fairly decent ride and handling against the much fresher competition. 

MT can say whatever they want. But if something is bad, it's bad all around. A Ford focus being excused in one thing, and a Cadillac being excused is one another.

But ultimately I wouldn't have expected the Focus to really be a threat to the freshest cars, but I wouldn't have expected the XT5 to fare worse than a Lincoln, and given a recent Buick crossover is somehow expected to also compete against the GLC, it's nonsensical to think that car has a better chance of toppling it either in a magazine review with magazine determined criteria.

Unless I'm getting ahead of myself and some dead-tree media already had the proof to disprove what I just said. But that would mean Cadillac is half-hearted when it comes to daring greatly and Buick deserves a flagship SUV just as luxo and glitzy and as prestigious an Escalade. And no, I'm not referring to big mama Enclave, I mean don't hold out on us GM, give us a real GMT2XXX Buick SUV!!

• Agree 1

Look if withholding test cars is bad, then why did Cadillac withhold the XT5 from a comparison against the competition it is intended to destroy? It did not come out favorably when they did finally coax a vehicle from GM.

I'm not going to change the subject, but the optics are pretty clear. The Focus being really a much older car in terms of underpinnings only had only its new Sync 3, fairly decent interior, par for the course efficiency, rather tidy dimensions and fairly decent ride and handling against the much fresher competition. 

MT can say whatever they want. But if something is bad, it's bad all around. A Ford focus being excused in one thing, and a Cadillac being excused is one another.

But ultimately I wouldn't have expected the Focus to really be a threat to the freshest cars, but I wouldn't have expected the XT5 to fare worse than a Lincoln, and given a recent Buick crossover is somehow expected to also compete against the GLC, it's nonsensical to think that car has a better chance of toppling it either in a magazine review with magazine determined criteria.

Unless I'm getting ahead of myself and some dead-tree media already had the proof to disprove what I just said. But that would mean Cadillac is half-hearted when it comes to daring greatly and Buick deserves a flagship SUV just as luxo and glitzy and as prestigious an Escalade. And no, I'm not referring to big mama Enclave, I mean don't hold out on us GM, give us a real GMT2XXX Buick SUV!!

Per the article in question (in regards to the XT5).

What About the 2017 Cadillac XT5?

"The all-new Cadillac XT5 that will soon replace the SRX was invited, RSVP’d yes, backed out at the last minute, and then showed up a week after the comparison test. How would it have fared?"

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/mercedes-benz/glc-class/2016/2016-lexus-rx-mercedes-benz-glc-lincoln-mkx-comparison/

The thing is Suave is that this rarely happens with GM yet it seems to happen a lot with Ford. That was the point of the MT blast write up of the Focus. Also, Nissan and Toyota had no problems sending out their outdated compacts and I do think the Focus would have been leaps and bounds above those two at least. It was weak sauce on the part of Ford though and the blast by MT was justifiably warranted. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Says the guy who called me a douche... presumably because he doesn't have as much of a life that he didn't get his feelings hurt by a poster or two.

Next up: GM's PR department gets good initial feedback for the new Grand Sport Corvette!

• Disagree 3

Says the guy who called me a douche... presumably because he doesn't have as much of a life that he didn't get his feelings hurt by a poster or two.

Next up: GM's PR department gets good initial feedback for the new Grand Sport Corvette!

Like I've already said, grow a sack if a "-1" effects your life like it's shown to in the past, and in this thread. Having to make a post to complain about it is childish and for you to bitch and moan in the past to force a rule change and somebody to change their user name shows your lack of self security. 

Either act like a douche and be treated as one or act like a man and be treated like one, like everybody else here. 

Also, you do realize you said I "didn't get his feelings hurt by a poster or two". I assume you meant to say that I DID get my feelings hurt by a poster or two? 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1