William Maley

Ford News: 2017 Ford F-Series Super Duty Has A Number of Class-Leading Figures

The heavy-duty truck wars continue as Ford has announced the capabilities of the upcoming 2017 F-Series Super Duty and a number of them are class leading.

We'll begin with power figures. The F-Series Super Duty is available with either a 6.2L V8 gas engine or a 6.7L PowerStroke V8 diesel. Both engines have best-in-class torque figures.

• 6.2L V8: 385 horsepower, 430 pound-feet of torque (Beats Ram's 6.4L V8 by one pound-foot)
  • 6.7L PowerStroke V8 Diesel: 440 horsepower and 925 pound-feet of torque (Beats Ram's 6.7L Cummins inline-six by 25 pound-feet)
Both engines come equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission.

As for capability, Ford says the F-450 can tow up to 32,500 pounds with a gooseneck trailer and 21,000 pounds with a conventional trailer. The F-250 with an optional tow package and F-350 single-rear wheel boast a max conventional tow rating of 18,000 pounds. Ford also revealed the maximum payload ratings for the F-250 and 350: 4,200 pounds for the F-250 and 7,630 pounds for the F-350.

“This is the best heavy-duty truck we’ve ever made. We listened to our customers and created the toughest, smartest and most capable Super Duty ever,” said Doug Scott, Ford truck marketing manager.

Expect a response from GM or Ram in due course.

Source: Ford

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

Yawn, I wonder just how many people actually use all the torque for pulling?

Does GM have anything that is equal to the F450? I thought that starts to enter mid grade commercial and is pretty much ignored by GM.

The 2017 Ford F-450 Super Crew dualie 4WD when equipped with a gooseneck hitch, will tow 32,500 pounds, 1,290 pounds more than the he Ram 3500 at 31,210 pounds.

There should be a disclaimer for the Ram 3500. Unlike this F-450 Super Crew, the Ram 3500 that tows that rating is a regular cab dualie 2WD. 

Does GM have anything that is equal to the F450? I thought that starts to enter mid grade commercial and is pretty much ignored by GM.

1. I'm sure only 0.00001%

2. Nope.

925. That is all. 

Good freakin' lord. 

I'm expecting 1,000 pound-feet within the next year. 

1. I'm sure only 0.00001%

2. Nope.

925. That is all. 

Good freakin' lord. 

I'm expecting 1,000 pound-feet within the next year. 

Word from a reliable source is the next major update for the 6.7L Scorpion is well underway as we speak.

That is a crazy amount of torque.

No what is crazy are the guys taking the older Duramax's and Cats and making 1500 FT LBS or more with just a few mods. 

The older Fords not so much as they were losing head gaskets due to poor head bolts. 

The new trend it putting the Max in a car with an axle change. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook