Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

So you're saying we can actually talk about the game now?

During the course of this thread, my Flareon hit 1005 pts and I accidentally disposed of a 690 pt Scyther because I swiped to unlock my screen and hit transfer and confirm in the process... Don't lock your phone while you're looking at your pokemon!

According to the app, I've walked roughly 35 miles in less than 3 weeks.

Note from the admin: Guys, I have hidden a few of the comments because of it turning slowly turning into a mess.

Please don't give me a reason to lock the thread. Try to be civil. 

Might as well delete everything except the one or two posts actually about the original post. No point in leaving any of them if you're going to get rid of some.

• Agree 2

During the course of this thread, my Flareon hit 1005 pts and I accidentally disposed of a 690 pt Scyther because I swiped to unlock my screen and hit transfer and confirm in the process... Don't lock your phone while you're looking at your pokemon!

Hahaha that's $h!ty luck! 

I didn't know they can run away from you.. My brother had a 905 Dragonite that "ran away" or however they worded it. He sent me a Snap, "the one that got away" lol 

I might have to try the game out.. How many are the "new" Pokemon though? I was only into it for the original 150 back in the day and if it's a lot of ones past that I will lose interest really quick. 

Hahaha that's $h!ty luck! 

I didn't know they can run away from you.. My brother had a 905 Dragonite that "ran away" or however they worded it. He sent me a Snap, "the one that got away" lol 

I might have to try the game out.. How many are the "new" Pokemon though? I was only into it for the original 150 back in the day and if it's a lot of ones past that I will lose interest really quick. 

The whole game is the original 150 pokemon. Otherwise I probably wouldn't bother with it. And yes, I have had very sh!tty luck with this game, but it's addictive.

The thing with transfering is when you have extra pokemon or duplicates, you can permanently discard them from your game (for a bonus) with the "transfer" button at the bottom of a pokemon's info screen. I just happened to hit it while unlocking my phone. Freak occurrence.

Your brother must have had a Dragonite run away while he was trying to catch it, which sucks in its own right.

Unfortunately obliviousness is the norm for some, and this perfectly illustrates my point about being face deep in your damn phone. If I were to post a picture of two separate people walking down the street with their noses in their phone, would you be able to tell the difference between the one playing Pokemon or the one tweeting their latest self absorbed post?

From what I've heard, there are some swipe motions specific to Pokemon Go that are tells to its usage.

• Agree 2

Ah mannn.

Yet another thing I'm feeling deprived of. And I'm the TARGET!!! I grew up as a kid with them gamebois and Poke cards. And Visual Boy Advance because ain't nothing to it Gangsta rap made me do it!!!

Tears for fears - Shout....These are the things I can do without...c'mon....I'mma talking [to you] C'mon.....

23660a294bdb663a59a6eaa66b38a5892e14d96e

17xg4b.jpg

seriously tho, there has been a lot of activity in our downtown area because of it. working at the hospital i have yet to see any incidents of injuries sustained but im not sure if people would fess up to the truth if it were. theres apparently a gym in our hospital cafeteria so its interesting to people watch there these days. theres always going to be the idiots out there that make a name for themselves by showing what happens when you poke-wrong. the guy sideswiping a parked cop car and the kids busted for trespassing on a nuclear power facility come to mind, but all in all i agree its in good fun. just keep your head on a swivel and practice a little situational awareness while playing. i also saw theres now money to be made in the fact people are selling their accounts after obtaining rare pokemon and such.

I just found out yesterday that businesses can rent rare Pokemon for people to catch to entice more patrons.

I don't know what it costs but it's a pretty dang good idea.

I can see High Tech Companies doing this to entice their developers to get off their ass and move around.

I just found out yesterday that businesses can rent rare Pokemon for people to catch to entice more patrons.

I can see High Tech Companies doing this to entice their developers to get off their ass and move around.

Good point.. I had originally only thought of smaller local restaurants and things along those lines. I don't know how long it takes to find and catch one though so if it's real quick then I don't see the point in a tech company doing it.

Good point.. I had originally only thought of smaller local restaurants and things along those lines. I don't know how long it takes to find and catch one though so if it's real quick then I don't see the point in a tech company doing it.
Yeah, it's something I could see Starbucks, McDs, and other point of sale retailers,etc doing. Developers in tech companies are way too expensive resources to waste their time on such fluff. (As a developer myself, I'm too busy leveraging core competencies on actionizable tasks that create shareholder value). Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Businesses by pokestops (in-game landmarks that provide free items) already pay a couple real dollars for digital "lures" so the pokestop attracts pokemon. They usually advertise these events and maybe run a drink/food special or merchandise sale. It's brilliant.

Also update: I'm up to 43 miles walked since installing the game a few weeks ago. It's an incredible incentive to get exercise disguised as fun.

• Agree 2

I hear it all the time. It's like another world.

But for shame, I'mma a penny pincher!!!

I'll hold out on my garbage grandfathered contract and Nexus S, abuse the wifi tactics and buy myself a Camaro before any new smartphone. I must!!!!

These are the things I can do without....C'MON I'm talking to you CP!!!

I spend a Saturday a couple weeks ago walking all around town with a buddy of mine playing it. It was fun, but I haven't felt motivated to play it on my own. I kind of hated Pokémon when I was a kid, so the nostalgia factor doesn't really affect me. My buddy tried getting me to play Ingress too and I didn't follow through much with that either.

I am happy that it's popular though, and getting people out and active and social and having fun.

I spend a Saturday a couple weeks ago walking all around town with a buddy of mine playing it. It was fun, but I haven't felt motivated to play it on my own. I kind of hated Pokémon when I was a kid, so the nostalgia factor doesn't really affect me. My buddy tried getting me to play Ingress too and I didn't follow through much with that either.

I am happy that it's popular though, and getting people out and active and social and having fun.

Pretty much what we need, people a bit more social and less angry......

First major update to the game seems aimed squarely at pushing away core users.

People who play know how broken the pokemon "radar" has been since glitching up in the 2nd week of the US release. As a result, many frustrated users downloaded 3rd party "locator" apps to keep things fun.

Welp, the new update blocks 3rd party apps and did NOTHING to fix the broken radar...aka the main reason people went 3rd party. I don't think they could have pissed off their most devoted user-base more succinctly if they actively tried. I struggle to comprehend it.

Something to do with making RNG punishing, therefore promotes longevity for the games? Maybes?

I dunno, I'm clueless about this game and I like 10-11 years ago was all about that Visual Boy Advance tactics. Ahh, the gud old days of playing an emulator on Windows ME.

Feeling very sentimental nows. God darnitt I feel like a 50 year old with tech nowadays even though I'm less than half of that number in age. DAMMIT!!!

First major update to the game seems aimed squarely at pushing away core users.

People who play know how broken the pokemon "radar" has been since glitching up in the 2nd week of the US release. As a result, many frustrated users downloaded 3rd party "locator" apps to keep things fun.

Welp, the new update blocks 3rd party apps and did NOTHING to fix the broken radar...aka the main reason people went 3rd party. I don't think they could have pissed off their most devoted user-base more succinctly if they actively tried. I struggle to comprehend it.

We'll the company shot themselves in the leg when they said this software would do nothing for the bottom line and the stock tanked. They seem hell bent on self destruction. Weird way to build a business.

^^^

I went from a +1, to a 0, to a -1 faster than a  427 Shelby Cobra 0-100-0 time!

And you Mr. DFELT got a -1 for encouraging me!

goodfellas-laughing.gif

You know what is funnier than that Mr. DFELT...

Its that the nice piece of art showing how millennial humans have sex is somewhat a depiction of reality...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/the-sex-selfie-stick-lets-you-facetime-the-inside-of-a-vagina-10080436.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2593943/aftersex-selfie-trend-goes-viral-Instagram.html

ip1kq0.gif

HOLY COW!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

^^^

I went from a +1, to a 0, to a -1 faster than a  427 Shelby Cobra 0-100-0 time!

And you Mr. DFELT got a -1 for encouraging me!

goodfellas-laughing.gif

You know what is funnier than that Mr. DFELT...

Its that the nice piece of art showing how millennial humans have sex is somewhat a depiction of reality...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/the-sex-selfie-stick-lets-you-facetime-the-inside-of-a-vagina-10080436.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2593943/aftersex-selfie-trend-goes-viral-Instagram.html

ip1kq0.gif

HOLY COW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Of8YEjtaQ

Be careful Olds. Some of them seem to be a sensitive bunch.