Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Mazda News: Mazda Announces MX-5 Miata RF Launch Edition, Details Plans Of How They Plan To Sell It

5 posts in this topic

If there was one vehicle that surprised everyone at the New York Auto Show this year, it would have to be the introduction of the Mazda MX-5 Miata RF. Everyone figured Mazda would offer a hardtop option for the Miata, but not as a sharp looking fastback. Today, Mazda has announced plans to offer a Launch Edition of the Miata RF.

The vehicle that rolled into the New York Auto Show came with a Machine Grey exterior, black roof panel. and an interior finished in Auburn nappa leather. That is how the 1,000 MX-5 Miata RF Launch Edition models will come finished. The only choice a buyer gets to make is what transmission - automatic or manual?

Now not everyone will be able to order an MX-5 Miata RF Edition at the beginning. Mazda will be sending out invitations to their "most loyal customers" via email. They'll have a set amount time to place an order before Mazda opens the order books to the general public.

“Rarely does any automaker have a vehicle that garners the sort of loyalty and enthusiasm MX-5 generates—something we don’t take lightly. MX-5 RF is the next chapter of this storied model line, and we can’t think of a better way to give back than to first offer this bespoke Launch Edition to those who have stuck with us, believing in our mission to deliver the best-driving vehicles on the road,” said said Robert Davis, senior VP of U.S. Operations for Mazda North American Operations in a statement.

When Mazda plans on opening the order books and pricing will be announced at a later date.

Source: Mazda
Pic Credit: Newspress USA

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

I know, I am the Big guy with full size SUVs, yet as much as I want to like a cool small sports car, I really do not get the appeal of the Miata. There is just nothing there to get my passion going.

Wish them the best of luck, I know they will do well.

Super nice, and that colour combo is BANGIN'.

Super nice, and that colour combo is BANGIN'.

Better bangin is if it had the mid 70's body style of the Corvette in that color! :metal:

Imagine a baby corvette as a road rally car. :D