2007 Saturn Sky

It does make you wonder if the Saturn name will have any negative affect on the sales of this car.  Saturn has some work to do with their non-image.

[post="11129"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Boy, I know that's the truth. Speaking with a GM employee yesterday really opened my eyes to the kind of angst towards the brand within the company. I'm almost ready to declare Lori Queen is the only person who truly supports the brand.

I can't believe the interior is that much nicer than the Solstice.  Does anyone know what the exterior styling differences are between the two, other than the tailight bars?

[post="11369"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The interior is nicer because it's $5k more, but the Solstice's is still pretty good. The Solstice is more driver oreinted that the Sky's as well. I'm guessing the Sky's is like it is so it's easier to make it RHD for the Opel version.

GM claims the Solstice and Sky don't share a single exterior body panel.

It does make you wonder if the Saturn name will have any negative affect on the sales of this car.  Saturn has some work to do with their non-image.

Id like to know how it will play out too. but it couldnt be any worse for Pontiac.
Saturn is on its way up, for 06 they get this car.

next spring the new Aura midsize sedan debuts and I like the optional 250hp dohc V6, finally a GM car to challenge the accord and altima..

for 2007 they get the new Lambda crossover..

in 2008 a new lambda minivan makes its debut..

for 2008 a new Ion makes its debut, pretty much a Cobalt with improvements although the Cobalt will recieve the same upgrades when it gets a facelift at the same time.. the two are also rumored to share the same assembly line in Ohio..

for 2009 a new Vue debuts.

other models id like to see Saturn ADD..

2009 Gamma subcompact. this would be essencially a reskinned next gen Chevrolet Aveo.. but would be more upscale than the Aveo..

2010 pickup/sut.. they need some sort of SUT sort of like the Honda Ridgeline, it would be based on the next gen Chevrolet colorado,

We car enthusiasts know Saturn has a bright future, at least on paper so far. Nothing at the dearlerships yet. But the public doesn't know that yet....I wonder if the Sky will have the impact that the Solstice has had. Saturn has a murky, muddled and low profile image. I mentioned the new Sky to a friend and he thought Saturn no longer existed. The Sky, while stunning, may not be enough to sway them at first, until Saturn remodels it's image as well.

Notice the word Saturn doesn't appear once on the Sky's body.  ^_^

[post="12875"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I hope Saturn doesn't make the same mistake Oldsmobile did. Once they introduce something worth buying again (Aurora & Intrigue), they took the name away thereby making people not realize who built it in the first place.

True, in the case of Oldsmbile they changed the symbol and got rid of the name. I did notice that Chevrolet's name is not on the back of the HHR, just a really big emblem. Maybe this is better, as it makes the emblem a part of the overall design, whereas a name is something people like to take off.

WOW! I can't believe I'm LUSTING after a Saturn. A four cylinder car at that. This thing is the coolest roadster on the market. I love the Solstice but this is a bit more refined and agressive. Love the chrome heat extractors on the hood! :wub:

Overall an amazing car but, the back end leaves a little to be desired in my opinion. I don't like the boy racer plastic tailights and the reverse light is in a horrible spot plus the placement of the Sky emblem looks like an aftethought. I don't know why GM makes a great looking car then ruins it by putting these cheap tailights on them. Look at the Equinox a great vehicle but it looks like they got the tailights from the Murrary autoparts store.

• 2 months later...

I think I'd pay for the Sky.

[post="12655"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Me too-awesome 2-seater! I like the Solstice, but I prefer the Sky.

I never thought I'd see the day where I like a Saturn... better than a Pontiac... *runs away weeping*

[post="53084"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

A few Skys are now being road tested in the neighborhoods around the plant. Saw a red one this morning. Pretty awesome seeing them on the road.

• 4 weeks later...