Wings4Life(BANNED)

Bronco officially coming back, will be made in Michigan

36 posts in this topic

Confirmation comes from Bill Johnson, chairman of UAW local 900, speaking to the Detroit Free Press last week. "We hate to see the products go to Mexico, but with the Ranger and the Bronco coming to Michigan Assembly that absolutely secures the future for our people a lot more than the Focus does."

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/03/ford-bronco-coming-back-michigan-america-official/#slide-3810687

Edited by Drew Dowdell
Can't post full articles.
  • Upvote 1

Awesome :metal: I love this concept and hope it keep true to this and not some jelly bean inspired version.

2020-ford-bronco-render006-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just now, Wings4Life said:

I guarantee you that it will not stay true to that, because that is not a Ford concept.

Yup, that's just a rendering that some random fan did. Looks great but like you said, it isn't a Ford concept or rendering.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Yup, that's just a rendering that some random fan did. Looks great but like you said, it isn't a Ford concept or rendering.

Really, I thought Ford had in the past shown a Bronco Concept? :scratchchin:

@Wings4Life Do you have any pictures of the concept or did you find any? Appreciate any ideas of what it would look like.

I always thought this was the concept, since it is not, my hat is off to whoever did photoshop it as that is a nice looking rig. :metal:

Was this the official concept? I love this too.

ford-bronco_concept_2004-1280x854.jpg

Course love this one too! :metal:

2016-ford-svt-bronco--1--front-three-quarter.jpg

Guess my 2nd pic posted is the real concept, since this one is the same and clearly on disply. As long as they keep to this boxy concept without going Jellybean on it, I would be happy with it.

BroncoConcept.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Really, I thought Ford had in the past shown a Bronco Concept? :scratchchin:

@Wings4Life Do you have any pictures of the concept or did you find any? Appreciate any ideas of what it would look like.

I always thought this was the concept, since it is not, my hat is off to whoever did photoshop it as that is a nice looking rig. :metal:

Was this the official concept? I love this too.

ford-bronco_concept_2004-1280x854.jpg

Course love this one too! :metal:

2016-ford-svt-bronco--1--front-three-quarter.jpg

My money would be on something more like the bottom picture but as far as I know that concept pic above was Ford but it is also probably a decade old.

Just chop up an F150 and it would look great to me!

I do like the fan rendering, but I am torn on the Ford original concept.  Looks a bit too retro and too much retro these days gets snubbed.  Kind of played out.  I have not seen a single image or rendering, and I am very excited to see one.  I had a Bronco back in the day and would love another.  Looking at 60’s era Bronco’s show them increasing in value significantly.  I should have got one of those when I had a chance, now they are priced too high.

Best I can tell is that the Silver Bronco Concept was shown in 2015, I got 265 search pages at Ford Motor Corporation for Bronco Concept and nothing really stated Bronco, just concept. Very poor search engine integration. Bing and Google both seem to imply 2015 was when this was shown off.

@Drew Dowdell @William Maley Do eaither of you guys know for certain when the True Ford Bronco Concept was shown?

7 minutes ago, William Maley said:

@dfelt You're talking about this concept? Ford-Bronco_Concept-2004-1024-01.jpg

I did some searching and it was 2004 at the Detroit Auto Show. Here is a retrospective done by the folks at Car Design News - Concept Car of the Week: Ford Bronco (2004)

:metal: You Rock, Thank you Bill! :metal: 

• Upvote 1

With sad market realities being what they are, it'll probably be a 4-door wagon version of the Ranger.  Question is... have they had enough time to switch this class of truck over to absolutely amazing aluminum?

20 hours ago, dfelt said:

Awesome :metal: I love this concept and hope it keep true to this and not some jelly bean inspired version.

2020-ford-bronco-render006-1.jpg

I owned an original version from 1969 in that color, this is awesome! So long as Ford does not include all of the rust or oil leaks my Nixon Era ride ahd, you might win me over to being an SUV guy with this one.  Especially with that Blue!

18 hours ago, dfelt said:

Guess my 2nd pic posted is the real concept, since this one is the same and clearly on disply. As long as they keep to this boxy concept without going Jellybean on it, I would be happy with it.

BroncoConcept.jpg

I would think they would want to keep it Boxy.  The Jeep Renegade is selling like hotcakes and this would be a nice, larger and more competent competitor.  if ford can do it without all of the Lemon Law buy backs and electrical problems of the Renegade, i might be in.  I would really honestly think seriously about a Renegade if I was more sold on reliability.

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

With sad market realities being what they are, it'll probably be a 4-door wagon version of the Ranger.  Question is... have they had enough time to switch this class of truck over to absolutely amazing aluminum?

Aluminum FTW, I think they will do that.  And I would like ti to be about the same size as the 1990's/early 2000's boxy Cherokee...that would be about the right size IMHO.

One can easily conclude that since Ranger and Bronco will share a manufacturing site, that they will also share platforms. Of course.

And since Ford is serious about the use of Aluminum in trucks, I think it would be another easy conclusion to make, which would mean both as well.  And if they do use aluminum, BOF would be another conclusion one could make.  

Oh how I would love to see an aluminum Bronco.  

Ford has Escape, Edge, Explorer, Expedition and Flex (if they still sell those) and adding 4 more SUVs.  It is smart, this is what people want.  No one is buying the Taurus, they can abandon that segment.  We are supposed to get the Fiesta based crossover from Europe here I think.

I recall there was a time when automakers were criticized for having too many CUV’s, that came close in size to each other.  Yet nobody would criticize a 1 through 8 series BMW sedan, which included 2 door versions in between.  Today, people want their CUV’s and in many flavors, which includes sporty versions…..and now, niche specialty versions.  Brilliant.

• Upvote 1

What was the last Bronco built on? Meaning, was it built on the same chassis as the F150/100 or was it on the Ranger? I had originally thought this was going to be on the F150's chassis but the smaller and new Ranger.

That's what I would have thought/guessed. That worries me that this will be on the Ranger chassic because I was really banking on it looking like the second pic dfelt posted. Where it's the 2015 F150 front end. That looks freakin' awesome to me.

I am as big a fan of BOF, REAL SUV's as the next guy and I hope for a return of the Trailblazer/Envoy.  On the Ford side, I think they are really missing out on a burgeoning market... the tiny CUV.  They need one of those.  Trax/Encore/Juke/HR-V/CX-3/Renegade competitor.  They were "The Wagonmasters" in the '60's and '70's, and the king of the SUV market with the Explorer for several years... why they missed out on the ground floor of the tiny CUV class in America is odd, imo.  I guess the EcoSport was deemed the wrong product for federalization.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

It's more likely to look like an updated version of the Ford Everest

Bummer, if it looks like this then I would say it is a failure. Too jelly bean shape for me. Bronco is anything but that.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Wings4Life said:

I don't know, BOF has lots of disadvantages as well, although reduced somewhat with Al body panels.  How about an aluminum frame and suspension underneath.  That would be pretty bad-arse.

Any aluminum bodied vehicle just needs to go to the can crusher.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.