Wings4Life(BANNED)

2017 Ford F-150 3.5L V-6 EcoBoost 10-Speed

On a macro level, the ’17 F-150 is the same as the ’16 model, which means the new EcoBoost powertrain is the headline news for the nameplate. The new EcoBoost V-6 replaces the first-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6, which has been optional throughout the F-150 lineup since 2011. With “only” 375 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque, the pedestrian-duty F-150’s EcoBoost represents the lower state of tune for this engine. .....

Clever software tuning keeps the transmission’s multitude of gears from feeling busy or shift crazed. In part-throttle acceleration, the computer skips gears, typically starting in first before jumping to third, then fifth, and then going quickly gear to gear (sixth, seventh, eighth, etc.) as the driver eases off the gas pedal upon reaching the desired road speed. The same thinking applies to downshifts, with the transmission taking greater leaps—say, from 10th to eighth to fifth to third to first—rather than shuffling through every gear as the vehicle slows to a stop. ......

There are really only two scenarios during which the 10-speed will shift sequentially, and they couldn’t be more different. The first is during wide-open-throttle events, from a standstill to top speed, where the transmission winds out each gear all the way.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-ford-f-150-35l-v-6-ecoboost-10-speed-first-drive-review

:metal: That is awesome, I hope GM also gets it properly tuned in when they start using it to maximize both performance and MPG.

1 minute ago, Wings4Life said:

I ran across this older article, that is even more true today.

Why The 2015 Ford F-150 Is Better For The Environment Than The Prius

While is numbers are generally true, there are too many lazy assumptions in the article.  It assumes that someone always goes from truck to truck or compact to compact.   That's not always the case.  The situation that comes to mind is my friends who are on their second Volt. They went from an old paid off Pathfinder to the Volt and the fuel savings alone more than paid for the lease. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

While is numbers are generally true, there are too many lazy assumptions in the article.  It assumes that someone always goes from truck to truck or compact to compact.   That's not always the case.  The situation that comes to mind is my friends who are on their second Volt. They went from an old paid off Pathfinder to the Volt and the fuel savings alone more than paid for the lease. 

Totally agree, I am a perfect example. The wife loves the Bolt and is excited to drive one. The $400 per month I spend on gas for her daily driving of the Trailblazer will easily cover the cost of the Bolt and still save me money.

20 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

A buddy of mine did that in '07. He had an ole '92 F150 that got around 10mpg, maybe even worse. But he did the math and it only cost him $50 more per month to buy a brand new Saturn Ion, so he did.

10 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

A buddy of mine did that in '07. He had an ole '92 F150 that got around 10mpg, maybe even worse. But he did the math and it only cost him $50 more per month to buy a brand new Saturn Ion, so he did.

The number of better choices than that.... well there isn't enough room on the server to list them all. But I suppose he got a "deal".

29 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The number of better choices than that.... well there isn't enough room on the server to list them all. But I suppose he got a "deal".

0% financing.. ? lol

It was kind of a spur of the moment thing. I'm not sure what actually made him buy a Saturn because he had never shown interest in them prior or anything.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook