Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Gray car thread

Stew

1 minute ago, Stew said:

Love cement and Anvil.  Even makes me like the TC when it is in that color

Image result for photos of cement scion tc

Visually, yes but the TC is pretty much a drop dead miserable car to live with.

boF7blX.gif

I dont like grey cars. In the era that I grew up in, a teenager in the mid 1980s, grey was old fogey colour.

1407879260036_wps_1_AN_RDF_TELEVISION_PR

My dad bought a grey 1986 Chevrolet Celebrity. When I got my driver's license, that was my ride...Its a good thing the chicks loved my sexy smile and my Greek God beautiful face ....but as soon as I got money in the pockets, I bought myself a used fiery red Firebird!!!

(hey look, that old geezer has a grey car!!!)

Besides....sports cars are supposed to be flashy....neon yellow and orange and red that screams for people to take notice!

The ONLY grey/silver car Id drive with pride is this:

aston-martin-db5-skyfall-destroyed-wallp

Maybe this one....MAYBE...

3b9e834a79c1890783412da33ff1977b.jpg

16 hours ago, Frisky Dingo said:

VW's Limestone Metallic...

..on a GTI

VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-Volkswagen-Golf-7-GTi-DS

and on an R...

29zzoyg.jpg

This is what I was saying in another thread...one of the best uses of Grey on a car anywhere IMHO. I want a BRZ/FRS more than I want oxygen at this point...and this car in this color combo is pulling me back towards VW and a GTI.  Simply amazing.

13 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

boF7blX.gif

I dont like grey cars. In the era that I grew up in, a teenager in the mid 1980s, grey was old fogey colour.

1407879260036_wps_1_AN_RDF_TELEVISION_PR

My dad bought a grey 1986 Chevrolet Celebrity. When I got my driver's license, that was my ride...Its a good thing the chicks loved my sexy smile and my Greek God beautiful face ....but as soon as I got money in the pockets, I bought myself a used fiery red Firebird!!!

(hey look, that old geezer has a grey car!!!)

Besides....sports cars are supposed to be flashy....neon yellow and orange and red that screams for people to take notice!

The ONLY grey/silver car Id drive with pride is this:

aston-martin-db5-skyfall-destroyed-wallp

Maybe this one....MAYBE...

3b9e834a79c1890783412da33ff1977b.jpg

Actually, Irony of ironies, I saw a grey 1970 442 restomod a few moths ago that I think all of us would kill for...no pics...sorry!

reeves%2000.jpg

Not all grey, but I have always liked this color combo on the 1955 Chevrolet.  A bit of trivia here...Saddam Husein had one in his personal car collection similar to this, that was destroyed when we invaded Iraq in 2003.

1955-Chevrolet-Bel%20Air150210-Grey-8166

And why are we forgetting grey primer-it looks good on even a lot of the modern stuff also. This is another 55 that just has the look.

1955-Chevy-Bel-Air-by-Kindig-It-Design-0

Another Grey 55....

http://grandcanyon.free.fr/images/tacot2/original/1928%20Dodge%20Victory%20Six%205-Window%20Coupe%20Cream%20&%20Black.jpg

Grey looks fantastic on full antiques as well.  it fits the understated styling of 1920's and 1930's era cars quite well IMHO.

1929%20Duesenberg%20Model%20J%20Converti

Duesenberg....

• 1952 Chevrolet Bel Air/150/210

I have a serious fetish for 1950's Iron...many grey based colors look just right on this generation of cars. Almost green or blue, but still grey.  Fits the car perfectly.

19 minutes ago, Stew said:

fxQwTAz.jpg

I love it, new Camaro is very sleek indeed!

27 minutes ago, Stew said:

I think the right grey works on anything!

Speaking of grey Miatas

2016-mx5-rf-exterior-silver-mde-mx5-rf-g

And how an FR-S in concrete!

48F2E90A-9AE2-4141-8EB9-70A7F4E3EDE6_zps

Or, how about a dark grey BR-Z

ohmdqv.jpg

The FRS is just awesome in that color!