A review of the 2017 Continental, chosen just because they have what appear to be decent images of the car

Suaviloquent

2017-lincoln-continental-first-drive.jpg

So basically, I read the review. But really I picked this source because these are the first good pictures in good natural lighting to show the new Conti in production spec. I like the way it looks, I think this paint colour is very adventurous, but the blue paint with the blue interior is my personal favourite. I think the Conti screams luxo, and American luxo really well. It may not be to your tastes, but oh well, I can accept that America still knows how to make big sedans, however flawed or incomplete this or the CT6 are.

Again, I only looked at this article for the pictures.

More are their link:

http://www.motor1.com/reviews/127066/2017-lincoln-continental-first-drive-review/

And I must say, I don't find the excessive chrome garish because, well, it's one of the few cars that happens to stick to that methodology of treatment of the accents these days. Plus that side view mirror with the beveled edges...It's so SHINY!!! 

Overall I think this car is just what Lincoln needs right now. Yeah yeah, we need a real S-Class fighter, but then again who would buy that? No one. Because then the Lincoln brand would be a major hindrance. But this is a stab at the 5/A6/E class segment in pricing, but a homage to American luxury anyways.

Plus, I think the FWD roots thing is going to be a problem for Audi too in terms of "image" and "prestige". Their future Quattro models will default to FWD in normal driving. What's the point of having a longitudinal engine layout if you won't make the most of it? What's the point of having a bazooka if you can't use it?

8 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Love it, and the color.  It is totally unashamed.  I hope it does really well.

I hope like crazy it does so also.  While I am not down with the styling, it is good to see some of the confidence and swagger from GM Cadillac make it across town to the blue oval boys!

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

First few good pics and excessive chrome?

Where do you guys get these opinions.

The gazillion production pictures I have seen so far, are very flattering and often beautiful.

And the amount of chrome is minimalist and tastefully done.

5 hours ago, Wings4Life said:

First few good pics and excessive chrome?

Where do you guys get these opinions.

The gazillion production pictures I have seen so far, are very flattering and often beautiful.

And the amount of chrome is minimalist and tastefully done.

Dude....I don't understand you at all.

I love this car so much more than the CT6 plus I think all that shiny and matte chrome effects makes it very clear this is a big brawler luxo sedan.

And NO the chrome is NOT minimalist...BUT YES, IT IS DONE TASTEFULLY. There. Have it dude. 

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)
13 minutes ago, Suaviloquent said:

I love this car so much more than the CT6 plus I think all that shiny and matte chrome effects makes it very clear this is a big brawler luxo sedan.

And NO the chrome is NOT minimalist...BUT YES, IT IS DONE TASTEFULLY. There. Have it dude. 

YOU stated that there are few good pics and that there is excessive chrome.

I did not agree.

What more is there to understand?????

This is a very tasteful full size sedan. Well executed with what I consider proper chrome accents for those that like the bling effect.

I can also clearly see this as a monochromatic in this color and it would still be striking.

This car I like allot and is to date the best I have seen out of all Lincoln's SUV, CUV's and cars.

We'll done for a decent solid, probably best in class sedan competing against the rest of the mid tier OEMs such as Buick, Acura, Infinity, Lexus, etc.

This car has the potential to even take on the top tier luxury auto companies. Just needs a few more tweaks, to get there.

With that said, before they try to push this upstream, Lincoln needs to get the rest of their product line to be equal to this car, then they can move up again.

Congratulations to Lincoln for executing an outstanding looking car.

So I really am a Monochromatic auto buyer that likes chrome on the rims as an accent, I would love to remove most of the chrome on this car.

With that said, I played with the configurator to see what my options would be. 

Black Label Edition 800A

2017BlackLabel-800A-Interior.jpg

2017BlackLabel-800A-Summary.jpg

300A Edition

Love the Burgundy color, crazy that I can get a better equipped car in the 300 than in the Black Label unless I am just not working their web site correctly.

2017BurgundyVelvet-300A.jpg

2017BurgundyVelvet-300A-Summary.jpg

24 minutes ago, Wings4Life said:

Buick and Acura.

LMAO

List me one product from either brand that even comes close to Conti.

You really are nuts! (Not in a good way)

Why?

1. Suave LOVES the Continental....you pissed on him for no phoquing reason by crying over what you thought was a negative post! If you cease to be so obsessively defensive you would have realized that he was actually praising and LOVING it!

2. Relax with the Continental bro...It aint even on sale yet at the Lincoln Store!

But since you asked:

Image result for acura nsx 2017

The NSX, old and new, had and has a HIGHER price tag than anything Lincoln EVER offered for a long time. The last time Lincoln had a car priced that high, John F. Kennedy was still alive...

The NSX also  represents technology that Lincoln, hell, FoMoCo, not even remotely offering its clientele. The Ford GT might have a higher price tag, it doesnt nearly have half as much tech in it in...

About Buick...

Buick's portfolio will increase in the next 5 years 2 fold...if the new Lacrosse is any indication where the brand is going along with the Avenir trim packages on the higher end stuff....Lincoln's Continental will have its hands full fighting off Buick...

Remember, Buick's portfolio just 6-7 years ago was thinner and weaker than Lincoln's...

All Lincoln has is that Continental...and a couple of SUVs...remember, other than that Continental, Lincoln really has not that much...

And let us be honest, the hood area of the Continental has Ford Fusion/Mondeo styling...above the jewel LED headlights is an aero area that the Fusion also adorns....and those jewel LEDs are heavily borrowed from Acura...

Buick also has a couple of strong SUVs. And a new Regal coming up shortly.

Wings...1 car does not make a brand....

Ask Acura and Buick...you know, the brands you laugh at....

Wings...Lincoln's playmates are Buick and Acura...you could stop pretending....you aint naive...

• Agree 1

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Holy crap you are one friggin drama queen, olds. 

Wait, I mean Greek drama queen.

I honestly don't with agree with one phoquing word of the many you stated.  Not even the part about what you think I said in this thread.

And no, I won't bother debating.  Why bother.

Edited by Wings4Life

5 hours ago, Wings4Life said:

Holy crap you are one friggin drama queen, olds. 

Wait, I mean Greek drama queen.

I honestly don't with agree with one phoquing word of the many you stated.  Not even the part about what you think I said in this thread.

And no, I won't bother debating.  Why bother.

Of course you dont agree and of course you wont bother with any rebuttal...

How could you?

1. You dont agree with one phoquing word I said is because you work for FoMoCo and ANYTHING said about FoMoCo that is less than complimentary you become defensive.

2. YOU know there is no debate with what I said because what I said is REALITY....YOU aint naive..

PS: I said you are NOT naive....and you dont agree with what I said....does that mean you think you are naive?

THE NSX 1st generation represents what Lincoln and FoMoCo lost to the Japanese car maker....

THE NSX 2nd generation represents (along with that new Continental)  what Lincoln, FoMoCo, Acura and Honda Motor Division had  lost due to blurry eye sight...and are trying to get back on track...

Agree to that or not....I dont care what you believe, but 'twas you that went wacky on Suave and is laughing at Acura and Buick....remember....YOU asked what Acura or Buick has in their portfolio that is high in regard to the Continental....

I showed you the Acura NSX...

You want a tissue my darling to wipe those tears from your face?

• Agree 1

Friday was an interesting day at work.  I work on the campus of a university in the facilities department. Obama is speaking here on Tuesday/tomorrow so we had the secret service here all over campus.

A lot of other strange things happened....the women's volleyball team showed up in Halloween costumes for practice.  Was interesting watching wonder woman, cat woman, and  few other notables at the net.

But nothing was quite as otherworldly as watching the cat fight between grown men over a four door Ford.

Lincoln is a really tired brand and this will be a shot in the arm, but in the minds of buyers (the ones actually putting money to metal and keeping the factory open) they have a long way to go to catch up to Buick, Acura, Lexus, Infinity Cadillac, Audi, BMW, Mercedes and the like.

I wish Ford no ill, but am not impressed with several elements of the car in question.  For the record, I would honestly rather drive a Miata or a WRX than this thing, but then Luxury cars are not my thing.

Were Suav or another member to get one, I would be very happy that they had acquired a car that they liked.

Would like a rational discussion about what is right and wrong with the various design elements of the car, but that does not seem like it is in the car for this thread.

Edited by A Horse With No Name

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)
1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

Of course you dont agree and of course you wont bother with any rebuttal...

How could you?

1. You dont agree with one phoquing word I said is because you work for FoMoCo and ANYTHING said about FoMoCo that is less than complimentary you become defensive.

2. YOU know there is no debate with what I said because what I said is REALITY....YOU aint naive..

PS: I said you are NOT naive....and you dont agree with what I said....does that mean you think you are naive?

THE NSX 1st generation represents what Lincoln and FoMoCo lost to the Japanese car maker....

THE NSX 2nd generation represents (along with that new Continental)  what Lincoln, FoMoCo, Acura and Honda Motor Division had  lost due to blurry eye sight...and are trying to get back on track...

Agree to that or not....I dont care what you believe, but 'twas you that went wacky on Suave and is laughing at Acura and Buick....remember....YOU asked what Acura or Buick has in their portfolio that is high in regard to the Continental....

I showed you the Acura NSX...

You want a tissue my darling to wipe those tears from your face?

Wow.

OK, so let’s review:

1.      I am not allowed to disagree on a remark that Conti is ‘not photogenic’ or that it has ‘excessive chrome.’

2.      I can't suggest that Lincoln offers more luxury than Buick and Acura.

Got it.

Thanks.

And that is ALL I HAVE SAID HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to your next couple rants though.  Comic relief is good to break up a stressful day.

Edited by Wings4Life

I think it is more the tone of both your remarks and Olds remarks that is heating things up.

FWIW I agree that the chrome on the car is tasteful.

Back to discussing the automobile in question, please.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)
47 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I think it is more the tone of both your remarks and Olds remarks that is heating things up.

FWIW I agree that the chrome on the car is tasteful.

Back to discussing the automobile in question, please.

Yup, I was a bit sharp with my disagreeing tone, but I felt it was commensurate to what is all too often, overly negative or harsh remarks on this site.

And yes, I am all about talking subject matter……so let’s start with your very own words here;

“Lincoln is a really tired brand and this will be a shot in the arm, but in the minds of buyers (the ones actually putting money to metal and keeping the factory open) they have a long way to go to catch up to Buick, Acura, Lexus, Infinity Cadillac, Audi, BMW, Mercedes and the like.”

…. Tell us why you think Buick and Acura are so far advanced of Lincoln.  I am dying to know, as you are quite negative on Lincoln overall, and quite frequently I might add.  Which is fine, but do clarify.

thanks

For me it is that I find the styling really, really heavy.  I do not regard this as an anti Ford thing as I am very positive about other Ford vehicles here.

I would love for them to succeed with this car, but Lincoln in my mind is really out of the conscious of people who are buying Luxury cars. Would love to see evidence to the contrary, but ask a hundred people to name a Luxury or upscale car they want to own, and 98 will name something like Acura, Buick, Lexus, or BMW before they will name Lincoln .

..and by the way, I am not negative on you personally in any way, Wings.  I quite admire the way you stick up for your brand. Would be nice if more people here were that passionate.

16 hours ago, Suaviloquent said:

OH oh what U have failed to see is that anything less than getting on your knees, pulling any Ford products fly open and commencing in sucking its #$#! will result in Wings swooping in and talking smack to the 10th power. Next time give the Continental a blow and U will be back in his good graces.

To my opinion.. this car is boring with a capital B. Its most redeeming quality is that it played the "name card." If that is the trend.. and the rest of the line-up at Lincoln is throwing letter to the wind, or rather shaping them into tangible words.. then I get it.. but if this and the Navigator are the only named vehicles.. then I have to wonder why. 

This versus any Cadillac other than the 5 year old XTS is ridiculous. Versus the CT6??? GTFO of here. The XTS is ths car's target.. and even that I truly believe trumps it. For one.. its a CADILLAC. 

• Agree 2

I think the other thing I would look at with any luxury car is chassis tuning, and everyone gets dinged by me here, even Cadillac. Acura has really dumped down their suspension tuning as of late, Lexus has gone a bit softer in the suspension tuning, Cadillac CTS and ATS still could be more athletic, and BMW is no longer the ultimate driving machine.  Benz is becoming more and more of a heavily dulled down old mans car in terms of driving dynamics also.

The older TSX models from Acura, the SC 300 and 400 Luxury coupes by Lexus of 20 years ago, and about a billion previous BMW's and Audi's had excellent chassis feedback with an acceptable ride.

I personally would rather own an E36 M3 or E46 M3 chassis BMW than any luxury car built today (other than maybe a CTS-V) for the chassis tuning alone. I will invite the wrath of Cmicasa and Drew on this one, but car to car, I think I would take the chassis feel on the E36M3 and E46M3 BMW over even the CTS-V.

We never got around to what I disliked about the MKZ in the other thread, but C and driver was fairly critical of the chassis tuning.

So when I see the Continental, I see a car that will likely not have suspension tuning like I like, and is visually heavy.  But in the interest of fairness, I will list a laundry list of POSITIVES about the car.

#1. love the integrated door handles with the belt line-really classy.

#2. Side spear of chrome is well done and well placed, I like that accent.

#3. Like the MKZ in the other thread, the continental looks fairly good from behind.  It needs to lose some wight and gain some athleticism where the rear transitions to the sides, though.

#4. As mentioned previously, I love the color choices Lincoln has. The Dark grey green on the Lincoln build site for the MKZ is to die for.

#5. I think they did a really nice job picking up the Lincoln heritage with the interior.  I can't pick up a specific detail that makes me think this way, but to me it feels like the have kept the heritage of the 60's and 70's cars alive while making the interior thoroughly modern.

#6. While I would rate Chassis tuning very highly and materials section rather low, Lincoln has fantastic quality in terms of interior materials.

#7. they really, really beat the piss out of Acura with interior ergonomics. Not really sure who designs Acura interiors, but they are the worst in terms of actual use. Would love to find the Klingotn or android that Honda has on staff up in Marysville to evaluate these.

#8. I think keeping the Conti as fWD or AWD makes sense, as most drivers will do better with FWD in inclement weather, which is like half of the Untied States.

#9. Would love to see how the twin turbo V6 works out over time, the Ecoboost in my neighbors and friends F-150's is fantastic.

#10. Kind of intrigued with the black label marketing campaign-seems kind of rational, curious how this works out for them. 

Regards

Chris

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Wings4Life said:

Wow.

OK, so let’s review:

1.      I am not allowed to disagree on a remark that Conti is ‘not photogenic’ or that it has ‘excessive chrome.’

2.      I can't suggest that Lincoln offers more luxury than Buick and Acura.

1) Its goofy looking and reminds me of an old Audi A6.. from like 2005

2) Lincoln in terms of luxury, and only on Black Label, is about a 6, while Buick is a 5.8.. until the new Lacrosse is considered and then all to hell with that.. I would put the LaX Premium on the same level as Black Label . God knows how this will turn out when the Avenir label jumps on the bumper of Buick. 

FWIW, I consider "excessive chrome" when it's added to mirrors and stripes on the side. I'm like @dfelt in that I'm more of a monochromatic kind of person and I'd like both of those pieces to be body color. The big chrome grill is okay and works on this car. I do like the natural, outdoor lighting as opposed to any of the other pictures that have been taken of the car. That burgundy color... looks absolutely wonderful!!

6 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

OH oh what U have failed to see is that anything less than getting on your knees, pulling any Ford products fly open and commencing in sucking its #$#! will result in Wings swooping in and talking smack to the 10th power. Next time give the Continental a blow and U will be back in his good graces.

To my opinion.. this car is boring with a capital B. Its most redeeming quality is that it played the "name card." If that is the trend.. and the rest of the line-up at Lincoln is throwing letter to the wind, or rather shaping them into tangible words.. then I get it.. but if this and the Navigator are the only named vehicles.. then I have to wonder why. 

This versus any Cadillac other than the 5 year old XTS is ridiculous. Versus the CT6??? GTFO of here. The XTS is ths car's target.. and even that I truly believe trumps it. For one.. its a CADILLAC. 

And Cadillac has done a much better job remaining an aspiration in the minds of buyers than Lincoln has, no questions asked.

Probably because the good modern stuff started appearing a decade ago in the form of the first gen CTS and so forth.

Plus, nothing touches the Escalade in terms of a large SUV.

2 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

1) Its goofy looking and reminds me of an old Audi A6.. from like 2005

2) Lincoln in terms of luxury, and only on Black Label, is about a 6, while Buick is a 5.8.. until the new Lacrosse is considered and then all to hell with that.. I would put the LaX Premium on the same level as Black Label . God knows how this will turn out when the Avenir label jumps on the bumper of Buick. 

Buick is also not claiming to be a top tier luxury car like Lincoln is.  Raise the claim, raise the standard.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I think the other thing I would look at with any luxury car is chassis tuning, and everyone gets dinged by me here, even Cadillac. Acura has really dumped down their suspension tuning as of late, Lexus has gone a bit softer in the suspension tuning, Cadillac CTS and ATS still could be more athletic, and BMW is no longer the ultimate driving machine.  Benz is becoming more and more of a heavily dulled down old mans car in terms of driving dynamics also.

The older TSX models from Acura, the SC 300 and 400 Luxury coupes by Lexus of 20 years ago, and about a billion previous BMW's and Audi's had excellent chassis feedback with an acceptable ride.

I personally would rather own an E36 M3 or E46 M3 chassis BMW than any luxury car built today (other than maybe a CTS-V) for the chassis tuning alone. I will invite the wrath of Cmicasa and Drew on this one, but car to car, I think I would take the chassis feel on the E36M3 and E46M3 BMW over even the CTS-V.

Naaaah, no wrath from me. Legendary cars. The CTS-V would not be a correct comparison tho..; The ATS-V would. In that situation the The E46 was the target and Cadillac not only nailed it them hammered the shit out of with a sledge. 

4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

And Cadillac has done a much better job remaining an aspiration in the minds of buyers than Lincoln has, no questions asked.

Probably because the good modern stuff started appearing a decade ago in the form of the first gen CTS and so forth.

Plus, nothing touches the Escalade in terms of a large SUV.

Buick is also not claiming to be a top tier luxury car like Lincoln is.  Raise the claim, raise the standard.

As a recent C&D or was it MT??? Proved. The Escalade is the epitome of luxury SUVs. Eff the disgusting Bentayga. *gack*. The only thing that would make the Escalade better at this point would be that super-charged config that Hennessy devised as a factory option

7 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Naaaah, no wrath from me. Legendary cars. The CTS-V would not be a correct comparison tho..; The ATS-V would. In that situation the The E46 was the target and Cadillac not only nailed it them hammered the shit out of with a sledge. 

There are things I love about both cars.  What an effing golden age we live in to have these!  i remember the 1960's muscle cars, the 1970's and 80's Euro cars like the Porsches and Audi's and the cool Japanese Iron of the 1990's. If anyone would have told me, 15, 30, or 40 years ago about the golden age of today...i would have told them that they were stoned!

2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

There are things I love about both cars.  What an effing golden age we live in to have these!  i remember the 1960's muscle cars, the 1970's and 80's Euro cars like the Porsches and Audi's and the cool Japanese Iron of the 1990's. If anyone would have told me, 15, 30, or 40 years ago about the golden age of today...i would have told them that they were stoned!

NO DOUBT!!! We are blessed 

Oh and Olds, the Acura NSX is interesting but ti s a low volume super car. Quoting it as an example is a little bit unfair because Acura's main lineup is really bland and has serious interior ergonomics and materials issues.

I drive a Jetta SE, hardly a luxury car.  But the TLX and ILX feel like a tin can by comparison, not a good way to market a luxury automobile. I could perhaps forgive that in the past with the chassis tuning issue, but not with the dulled down suspension.

Existentially, what i really do like about Cadillac is that they seem to have a genuine sense of mission and identity, something I would say also about Lexus and Audi to a lesser extent.  Acura needs to find this again, urgently.

2 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

NO DOUBT!!! We are blessed 

Even the Chevrolet lineup, my effing invisible flying spaghetti monster....even the Sonic is really, really good!

Working on a college campus as I do it does me well to see how well GM and Ford are doing with the entry level stuff.

Honda and Toyota had that market for far too long and got far too lazy....one hopes they have a bit of a rude awakening.

And pardon me for getting off topic...back to Lincoln!

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)
27 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

I just got criticized for being a biased product fan…..by casa, the man who actually got a Cadillac tattoo.

He probably does not even understand the irony, so there is no sense in debating him.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)
41 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

For me it is that I find the styling really, really heavy.  I do not regard this as an anti Ford thing as I am very positive about other Ford vehicles here.

I would love for them to succeed with this car, but Lincoln in my mind is really out of the conscious of people who are buying Luxury cars. Would love to see evidence to the contrary, but ask a hundred people to name a Luxury or upscale car they want to own, and 98 will name something like Acura, Buick, Lexus, or BMW before they will name Lincoln .

..and by the way, I am not negative on you personally in any way, Wings.  I quite admire the way you stick up for your brand. Would be nice if more people here were that passionate.

So you base your opinion that Buick and Acura are much better luxury brands, on imaginative polls and subjective styling opinions, huh?

Thought so.

Debating is pointless at this point.

14 minutes ago, Wings4Life said:

I just got criticized for being a biased product fan…..by casa, the man who actually got a Cadillac tattoo.

He probably does not even understand the irony, so there is no sense in debating him.

At the very least he would be self aware enough to admit that he has that bias.

• Agree 2

Just now, ccap41 said:

As a car guy, I wish you would accept ANY other brands for their strengths and see FoMoCo's weaknesses sometimes, Wings.

Exactly.

So in thinking over the Black Label for the Continental, It would and should have been a default for this choice, BLACK CHROME!

Black Chrome in all the regular chrome places would have made this as a Black Label decadent and striking.

Black Label, AWD, TTV6 with Black Chrome, in a Metallic Black Paint job with Blacked out windows and Boom, you have an awesome ride! :metal: 

• Agree 1

Just now, dfelt said:

So in thinking over the Black Label for the Continental, It would and should have been a default for this choice, BLACK CHROME!

Black Chrome in all the regular chrome places would have made this as a Black Label decadent and striking.

Black Label, AWD, TTV6 with Black Chrome, in a Metallic Black Paint job with Blacked out windows and Boom, you have an awesome ride! :metal: 

LOVE the idea!

Just now, dfelt said:

That might be really nice in some ways.  Bring me a CTS-V though for the $ spent on the Conti.  Different strokes for different folks.

Just now, ccap41 said:

LOVE the idea!

As do I.

Just now, dfelt said:

Black Label in Burgundy with Black Chrome would be very sharp.

They have a very nice Burgundy.

Just now, A Horse With No Name said:

That might be really nice in some ways.  Bring me a CTS-V though for the $ spent on the Conti.  Different strokes for different folks.

In this case, apply the black chrome to a Matte Black CTS-V and there you have a nice contrast with a car that cannot be touched by most for performance, even MB and BMW would struggle.

• Agree 1

Just now, dfelt said:

In this case, apply the black chrome to a Matte Black CTS-V and there you have a nice contrast with a car that cannot be touched by most for performance, even MB and BMW would struggle.

I love this....!

Would look good in the previous generation CTS_V wagon...now that would be badass!

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

As do I.

They have a very nice Burgundy.

Sadly as I posted, the black label package is not available in burgundy as an 800A unit, only the 300A unit can have the rich metallic burgundy.

Still I totally agree this car would rock in that color with the black chrome.

1 minute ago, dfelt said:

They already do!

11 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Two almost completely different vehicles. One is aggressive and agile and one is a soft cruiser. In the ideal world both in the garage would be supreme!

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)
32 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

So is an attempt at civil dialogue, I guess.

At what point was I uncivil???????????????

34 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

What do you base your opinions on?

Product.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)
36 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

At the very least he would be self aware enough to admit that he has that bias.

I have proudly admitted my bias for the last decade, and most know that.