Wings4Life(BANNED)

Ford Returns to Baja 1000 with All-New 2017 F-150 Raptor

1477917382691.jpg

LAS VEGAS, – Ford, America’s truck leader for nearly 40 years, will enter its all-new 2017 F-150 Raptor in the 49th running of the SCORE Baja 1000 off-road endurance event, Nov. 16-20. Four-time Baja 1000 winner Greg Foutz will pilot the truck. Ahead of the race, the Ford Performance-supported F-150 Raptor will be on display at the 2016 SEMA show, Nov. 1-4.

Powered by an all-new high-output 3.5-liter EcoBoost® V6 engine that delivers 450 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque, the Baja-bound F-150 Raptor race truck showcases the level of performance this purpose-built off-road vehicle will offer straight from the showroom floor.

Given the truck’s unmatched all-terrain, all-condition capabilities, the Foutz Motorsports team only had to add a chromalloy steel safety cage, puncture-resistant fuel cell, racing seats and full race harness, along with LED lighting courtesy of Rigid Industries to meet SCORE rules. The factory-spec Raptor springs and Fox Racing shocks were revised to accommodate the added weight from the safety cage and fuel cell.

https://www.at.ford.com/content/dam/atford/fna/images/articles/2016/10/baja-150-raptor.pdf?logActivity=true

This is an absolutely awesome truck, and creates all kinds of excitement in me.  Would love to own a road going version of this.

Ford is doing some amazing things with trucks.  Couple of co workers have new F150's, I am very, very impressed with these.

But the Raptor is the next stage of creative and well engineered!

Chris

Edited by A Horse With No Name
word choice
  • Upvote 1

"In its inaugural run in the 41st Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 in 2008, first-generation Ford SVT F-150 Raptor R finished third in class 8 competition, completing the grueling 631-mile race in 25 hours, 28 minutes and 10 seconds "

:metal: This Truck Rocks! :metal: Wish GM would do this with the Mid Size trucks, that would be so cool using a Diesel engine that is maxed out to perform like this.

I am very excited by this truck. 

I do wonder what past Raptor fans think of going from the supercharged V8 to a TT-V6?

Nice video to get a feel for the sound of the 3.5L inside the cab.  

They tuned this just right, just enough growl, no too annoying for a daily driver.

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

:metal: This Truck Rocks! :metal: Wish GM would do this with the Mid Size trucks, that would be so cool using a Diesel engine that is maxed out to perform like this.

I am very excited by this truck. 

I do wonder what past Raptor fans think of going from the supercharged V8 to a TT-V6?

Raptor never had a SC.

Fuel economy was horrible enough, many complaining of 12mpg.

2 minutes ago, Wings4Life said:

Nice video to get a feel for the sound of the 3.5L inside the cab.  

They tuned this just right, just enough growl, no too annoying for a daily driver.

Raptor never had a SC.

Fuel economy was horrible enough, many complaining of 12mpg.

Sounds good, weird as I thought I had read that the raptor did have a SC V8. Even then, still wonder how folks that might be V8 fans think of the new TT-V6. Very cool to see.

Thanks for posting this.

Just realized that the reviews I had read were Hennesy and Roush SC Raptors. LOL, still crazy good fun. Raptor :metal: 

• Upvote 1

I too will miss the sound of a V8 in a truck.  But I think people will love the cheap and easy upgradeability these turbo engines offer.  I bet another 50hp and Tq are just a tune away, once they offer it.  All while still getting respectable fuel economy in the high teens. And yes, V8’s can tune up too, but that often includes free flowing exhaust that at first sounds cool, but is hard to live with daily.  And at what cost? 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Wings4Life said:

I too will miss the sound of a V8 in a truck.  But I think people will love the cheap and easy upgradeability these turbo engines offer.  I bet another 50hp and Tq are just a tune away, once they offer it.  All while still getting respectable fuel economy in the high teens. And yes, V8’s can tune up too, but that often includes free flowing exhaust that at first sounds cool, but is hard to live with daily.  And at what cost? 

All I can say is that I live actually just outside of Columbus, where it starts to get rural.  Every single person I know with an Ecoboost Ford product modified or unmodified just raves about it. And these are people that have grown up their whole lives around pickup trucks.

And fifty is conservative on the HP I believe.

53 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Sounds good, weird as I thought I had read that the raptor did have a SC V8. Even then, still wonder how folks that might be V8 fans think of the new TT-V6. Very cool to see.

Thanks for posting this.

Just realized that the reviews I had read were Hennesy and Roush SC Raptors. LOL, still crazy good fun. Raptor :metal: 

Sound is very good.  After listening to V8's for a few decades I don't mind a little variety.

Not that I would kick a Mustang Gt with its fantastic voice out of my garage for any reason mind you....

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

All I can say is that I live actually just outside of Columbus, where it starts to get rural.  Every single person I know with an Ecoboost Ford product modified or unmodified just raves about it. And these are people that have grown up their whole lives around pickup trucks.

I have a couple friends who absolutely love them. And one of them is(was) a die hard Chevy guy but absolutely hated how the truck was constantly jumping from 8cyl to 4cyl mode and vie versa. Between that and the 8spd he just felt like it was constantly working and trying to make up it's mind and he didn't like it. He drove a 3.5EB and love it, then bought it.

• Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook