William Maley

Ford News: Rumorpile: Ford Australia Handling Development of Bronco

It is no secret that Ford is working on new Bronco that will go into production at Ford's Michigan Assembly alongside the Ranger in the coming years. But it seems that Ford's American branch will not be doing a majority of the engineering work.

Motoring has learned from sources that Ford's Asia-Pacific Product Development team based in Victoria will be handing the development of the Bronco. This is because the Bronco will be using an updated version of the Ranger's T6 ladder platform - a platform that the Asia-Pacific Product Development team designed and developed.

The Bronco is expected to use a shortened version of the T6 platform and share the running gear from the Ranger - four and five-cylinder diesel engines paired with manual and automatic transmissions. Expect a gas engine for the U.S.-spec Bronco.

Production of the Bronco is expected to being in 2020.

Source: Motoring.com.au

View full article

Very Cool :metal: 

Good that they are using the team that designed the original platform to build the new Bronco. I am very excited by this and look forward to seeing what they do with it.

• Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Raj Nair, Ford’s President of North America has left the company effective immediately after an internal investigation revealed behavior that was "inconsistent with the company's code of conduct."
      “We made this decision after a thorough review and careful consideration. Ford is deeply committed to providing and nurturing a safe and respectful culture and we expect our leaders to fully uphold these values,” said Ford President and CEO Jim Hackett in a statement.
      The Detroit News reports the investigation stemmed from an anonymous complaint accusing Nair of unspecified behavior. Ford wouldn't go into detail about the behavior "to protect the privacy of those involved."
      “I sincerely regret that there have been instances where I have not exhibited leadership behaviors consistent with the principles that the Company and I have always espoused. I continue to have the utmost faith in the people of Ford Motor Company and wish them continued success in the future,” said Nair in a statement.  
      Nair had been Ford's North American president since last May. Before that, Nair was Ford's chief technical officer. The company said a replacement would be announced in the near future.
      This is the latest black eye to hit Ford. Back in August, the company agreed to pay $10.125 million to settle an investigation into race and sexual harassment at two of their plants by U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). In December, the New York Times published a scathing report talking about the culture of harassment at the two Chicago plants that had been going on for a number of years.
      “This comes at a particularly bad time for Ford, which only last spring ousted Mark Fields as CEO. Investors and analysts have been unhappy with the seeming lack of a clear direction for Ford, especially in terms of future mobility services," said Michelle Krebs, an analyst with Auto Trader in an email to the Detroit News.
      "The pressure is on Jim Hackett, anointed CEO last spring, to lay out a clear road ahead for Ford.”
      We'll keep you posted on any new developments come to light.
      Source: Ford, The Detroit News, Reuters
      Press Release is on Page 2
      Raj Nair, Ford’s President Of North America, Exits Company
      DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 21, 2018 – Ford Motor Company today announced that Raj Nair, executive vice president and president, North America, is departing from Ford effective immediately.
      The decision follows a recent internal investigation into reports of inappropriate behavior. The review determined certain behavior by Nair was inconsistent with the company’s code of conduct.
      “We made this decision after a thorough review and careful consideration,” said Ford President and CEO Jim Hackett. “Ford is deeply committed to providing and nurturing a safe and respectful culture and we expect our leaders to fully uphold these values.”
      Said Nair: “I sincerely regret that there have been instances where I have not exhibited leadership behaviors consistent with the principles that the Company and I have always espoused. I continue to have the utmost faith in the people of Ford Motor Company and wish them continued success in the future.”
      Nair has been president of Ford North America since June 1, 2017.  Prior to that, he served as Ford’s head of global product development and chief technical officer.
      Nair’s replacement will be subject to an announcement in the near future. 

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Raj Nair, Ford’s President of North America has left the company effective immediately after an internal investigation revealed behavior that was "inconsistent with the company's code of conduct."
      “We made this decision after a thorough review and careful consideration. Ford is deeply committed to providing and nurturing a safe and respectful culture and we expect our leaders to fully uphold these values,” said Ford President and CEO Jim Hackett in a statement.
      The Detroit News reports the investigation stemmed from an anonymous complaint accusing Nair of unspecified behavior. Ford wouldn't go into detail about the behavior "to protect the privacy of those involved."
      “I sincerely regret that there have been instances where I have not exhibited leadership behaviors consistent with the principles that the Company and I have always espoused. I continue to have the utmost faith in the people of Ford Motor Company and wish them continued success in the future,” said Nair in a statement.  
      Nair had been Ford's North American president since last May. Before that, Nair was Ford's chief technical officer. The company said a replacement would be announced in the near future.
      This is the latest black eye to hit Ford. Back in August, the company agreed to pay $10.125 million to settle an investigation into race and sexual harassment at two of their plants by U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). In December, the New York Times published a scathing report talking about the culture of harassment at the two Chicago plants that had been going on for a number of years.
      “This comes at a particularly bad time for Ford, which only last spring ousted Mark Fields as CEO. Investors and analysts have been unhappy with the seeming lack of a clear direction for Ford, especially in terms of future mobility services," said Michelle Krebs, an analyst with Auto Trader in an email to the Detroit News.
      "The pressure is on Jim Hackett, anointed CEO last spring, to lay out a clear road ahead for Ford.”
      We'll keep you posted on any new developments come to light.
      Source: Ford, The Detroit News, Reuters
      Press Release is on Page 2
      Raj Nair, Ford’s President Of North America, Exits Company
      DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 21, 2018 – Ford Motor Company today announced that Raj Nair, executive vice president and president, North America, is departing from Ford effective immediately.
      The decision follows a recent internal investigation into reports of inappropriate behavior. The review determined certain behavior by Nair was inconsistent with the company’s code of conduct.
      “We made this decision after a thorough review and careful consideration,” said Ford President and CEO Jim Hackett. “Ford is deeply committed to providing and nurturing a safe and respectful culture and we expect our leaders to fully uphold these values.”
      Said Nair: “I sincerely regret that there have been instances where I have not exhibited leadership behaviors consistent with the principles that the Company and I have always espoused. I continue to have the utmost faith in the people of Ford Motor Company and wish them continued success in the future.”
      Nair has been president of Ford North America since June 1, 2017.  Prior to that, he served as Ford’s head of global product development and chief technical officer.
      Nair’s replacement will be subject to an announcement in the near future. 
    • By William Maley
      Last week, Ford unveiled the Raptor Ranger. The bad news as we reported was the model wasn't going to come here, but a tweet from Ford's North America Product Communications manager gave some hope that possibly, a smaller Raptor could come.
      More fuel has been added to this fire via some comments made by the chief engineer for Ford Performance, Jamal Hameedi. Speaking with Australian outlet Drive, Hameedi said the truck "would do really well in the states."
      “I think it’s certainly like it’s a baby Raptor, it depends what you’re looking for. There are a lot of people that just want that size in a pickup truck and they don’t want anything larger,” said Hameedi. 
      Hameedi went on to say that the diesel engine found in the Ranger Raptor would likely be swapped for a gas engine.
      “I think most American off-roaders would actually prefer a petrol gas engine, but a diesel is the absolute way to go for the rest of the world.”
      We think a version of Ford's 2.3 EcoBoost could be the engine of choice for a U.S. variant. 
      But it will likely be a while before a final decision is made on the Ranger Raptor coming to the U.S.
      “We haven’t said anything about availability in the US, our first priority is to get a Raptor available to everyone on the planet earth. So Americans already have an F-150 Raptor, we’ve got to spread Raptors to the rest of the planet,” said Hameedi.
      Source: Drive

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Last week, Ford unveiled the Raptor Ranger. The bad news as we reported was the model wasn't going to come here, but a tweet from Ford's North America Product Communications manager gave some hope that possibly, a smaller Raptor could come.
      More fuel has been added to this fire via some comments made by the chief engineer for Ford Performance, Jamal Hameedi. Speaking with Australian outlet Drive, Hameedi said the truck "would do really well in the states."
      “I think it’s certainly like it’s a baby Raptor, it depends what you’re looking for. There are a lot of people that just want that size in a pickup truck and they don’t want anything larger,” said Hameedi. 
      Hameedi went on to say that the diesel engine found in the Ranger Raptor would likely be swapped for a gas engine.
      “I think most American off-roaders would actually prefer a petrol gas engine, but a diesel is the absolute way to go for the rest of the world.”
      We think a version of Ford's 2.3 EcoBoost could be the engine of choice for a U.S. variant. 
      But it will likely be a while before a final decision is made on the Ranger Raptor coming to the U.S.
      “We haven’t said anything about availability in the US, our first priority is to get a Raptor available to everyone on the planet earth. So Americans already have an F-150 Raptor, we’ve got to spread Raptors to the rest of the planet,” said Hameedi.
      Source: Drive
    • By William Maley
      It was thought that BMW would use the Paris Motor Show later this year to debut the production version of the X7 three-row crossover. But a report from Autocar says the new model will bow at the LA Auto Show. Considering the model was developed for the U.S. and Chinese markets, this move makes some sense.
      BMW has already built pre-production X7s at their Spartanburg, South Carolina plant for testing. The production model will also be built here.
      Autocar reports that the X7 at launch will come with a range of six- and eight-cylinder gas and diesel engines. A plug-in hybrid and an M performance version are expected down the road.
      It is still unknown when BMW is planning to send the X7 out to dealers, but a safe guess is sometime early next year.
      Source: Autocar

View full article
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook