Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Mazda News: Rumorpile: Mazda's Long-Awaited Diesel Is Coming Next Year

3 posts in this topic

William Maley    394

We have been reporting on the saga that is Mazda's SkyActiv-D for the U.S. since the company announced it back in 2012. But it seems there is a closing to this long story.

The Nikkei Asian Review has learned from sources that Mazda will be launching the diesel option for the U.S. next year. Sources explained that the company had finally cleared environmental regulations in the U.S. As we have reported previously, Mazda was having issues with their engines not making the power they wanted when they met regulations. It seems odd that Mazda is still going forward with their diesel plans in light of the Volkswagen diesel emission scandal. But the company, like GM believes there is still a market for it.

The sources go on to say that Mazda will announce their diesel plans this week at the LA Auto Show. Considering that the company will be unveiling a new CX-5 at the show, we wouldn't be surprised if this is the first model to get it. This will be followed up by the Mazda6.

SourceNikkei Asian Review

View full article

11 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Probably TOO long-awaited.

In the politics thread we discussed the end of the word...Mazda bringing over its diesels and Drew finally marrying Albert would be two omens that we are indeed in the last days...

• Upvote 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Only a few weeks ago, Toyota and Mazda surprised everyone by announcing a new alliance. The two would collaborate on a number of projects including a $1.6 billion assembly plant, possibly bringing 4,000 new jobs. At the time, the two automakers haven't decided where the plant would go, which sent various states in a frenzy.
      A report from the Detroit Free Press has learned that the two have sent out a blind request for proposals from states in Midwest, mid-Atlantic and South. Sources tell the paper that the request was from an unidentified employer that was considering options for a new project known as 'Project Mitt'. State officials have sent preliminary proposals that include potential tax incentives, job training programs, and investments in infrastructure.
      Opportunities like this are very rare and states are pulling all of the stops out to land this plant.
      “You have to be able to punch the ticket. You have to be able to say you’ve got the workforce, you’ve got the land, you’ve got the transportation systems and rail spurs, community college and education and a place where people want to live,” said Kristin Dziczek, director of industry, labor and economics at the Center for Automotive Research.
      “Once you’ve got all that, tax incentives come into play.”
      We recommend checking out the Free Press' report as it lists the states in contention from Alabama to Texas with pros and cons.
      Source: Detroit Free Press

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Only a few weeks ago, Toyota and Mazda surprised everyone by announcing a new alliance. The two would collaborate on a number of projects including a $1.6 billion assembly plant, possibly bringing 4,000 new jobs. At the time, the two automakers haven't decided where the plant would go, which sent various states in a frenzy.
      A report from the Detroit Free Press has learned that the two have sent out a blind request for proposals from states in Midwest, mid-Atlantic and South. Sources tell the paper that the request was from an unidentified employer that was considering options for a new project known as 'Project Mitt'. State officials have sent preliminary proposals that include potential tax incentives, job training programs, and investments in infrastructure.
      Opportunities like this are very rare and states are pulling all of the stops out to land this plant.
      “You have to be able to punch the ticket. You have to be able to say you’ve got the workforce, you’ve got the land, you’ve got the transportation systems and rail spurs, community college and education and a place where people want to live,” said Kristin Dziczek, director of industry, labor and economics at the Center for Automotive Research.
      “Once you’ve got all that, tax incentives come into play.”
      We recommend checking out the Free Press' report as it lists the states in contention from Alabama to Texas with pros and cons.
      Source: Detroit Free Press
    • By William Maley
      Volkswagen has shown three different I.D. concepts - I.D. hatchback, I.D. Buzz, and the I.D. Crozz. We know that Volkswagen is working on making the hatchback production ready by 2020 and the Buzz has been given the green light. What about the Crozz? According to a report from Autoblog, the Crozz will follow the hatchback in production - arriving in either late 2020 or 2021 - and will be the first I.D. model to arrive on our shores.
      The I.D. Crozz which made its debut earlier this year at the Shanghai Motor Show is Volkswagen's vision of an electric crossover. Using Volkswagen's MEB platform, the I.D. Crozz produces 302 horsepower from two electric motors. On-demand all-wheel drive is done through single-speed, fixed-ratio gearboxes fitted between each electric motor and its respective axle.
      Volkswagen's decision on sending the I.D. Crozz to the U.S. first makes a lot of sense as buyers are crossover hungry.
      The two sources also dropped some information on the I.D. Buzz which conflicts with earlier reports. First, the sources said the Buzz been confirmed for production - the opposite of what reported back in June where Volkswagen's Herbert Diess slyly dropped that it would go into production. If approved, the model would likely go into production in 2025.
      We recommend checking out Autoblog's report as there are more details on what to possibly expect with the Crozz.
      Source: Autoblog

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Volkswagen has shown three different I.D. concepts - I.D. hatchback, I.D. Buzz, and the I.D. Crozz. We know that Volkswagen is working on making the hatchback production ready by 2020 and the Buzz has been given the green light. What about the Crozz? According to a report from Autoblog, the Crozz will follow the hatchback in production - arriving in either late 2020 or 2021 - and will be the first I.D. model to arrive on our shores.
      The I.D. Crozz which made its debut earlier this year at the Shanghai Motor Show is Volkswagen's vision of an electric crossover. Using Volkswagen's MEB platform, the I.D. Crozz produces 302 horsepower from two electric motors. On-demand all-wheel drive is done through single-speed, fixed-ratio gearboxes fitted between each electric motor and its respective axle.
      Volkswagen's decision on sending the I.D. Crozz to the U.S. first makes a lot of sense as buyers are crossover hungry.
      The two sources also dropped some information on the I.D. Buzz which conflicts with earlier reports. First, the sources said the Buzz been confirmed for production - the opposite of what reported back in June where Volkswagen's Herbert Diess slyly dropped that it would go into production. If approved, the model would likely go into production in 2025.
      We recommend checking out Autoblog's report as there are more details on what to possibly expect with the Crozz.
      Source: Autoblog
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online