Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Spied: Japan-Spec Refreshed Subaru Legacy

Variance

Spied: Japan-Spec Refreshed Subaru Legacy

Posted Image

The 2007 Legacy for Japan is the 2008 Legacy for us. The Legacy has still been spared from the horror that is the Alfaesque grille that adorns the Tribeca and Impreza (which, if you're using the Tribeca as a comparison point, is a good thing). It's only a front end shot but that's enough to let us know they won't ugly up the Legacy for at least another 2 years.

Read "2007 Japanese-spec Subaru Legacy spotted" @ Edmunds Straightline

Honestly, it pisses me off that the Legacy falls into the midsize family sedan shadows. I would buy one hands down over any other midsize car. It's priced right, looks right and performs right. Plus, it looks so sexy in black.

Does it look as sexy in the service department of the subaru dealer? ;)

Never mind "ugly up"; are we ever going to see some 'beautying up'??

Are you always so negative?

Wait, I forgot. Subaru is Japanese. :rolleyes:

I think the Legacy would sell better if it didn't have those little circles sticking out of the headlights and if the non-sport models didn't look so jacked up. I guess the normal ones might be okay, but the Outbacks or whatever the "off-road" sedan is called looks dumb.

Eh... neither better or worse.

Kind of surprising to see no Edsel grill though.

:withstupid:

Get some glasses... It's the best looking upmarket midsize sedan you can buy.

Uh BV...how come in one post you're "I'm with stupid sign is directed at the guy who likes the Subaru, while the next seems to be defending it?

Anyway, I like the Legacy sedan and the Outback wagon alot...very handsome cars. The refresh doesn't look much different...thankfully it seems to have evaded the corporate smiley.

As for your post balthazar...isn't that substandard quality one of GM's trademarks? :P Only messing (even if there is truth to that) :P . Anyway, I know people who have owned Subarus...they don't have these horrible quality problems you keep talking about.

20/15 vision says otherwise. Must be all that ribbed cladding that does it for you; you like(d) Pontiacs in the past. And since when is subaru "upscale"??? :lol:

Hey.. I still love Pontiacs... but not the cladding that was attached to them. :P

As for upscale... compared to Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Ford... Subaru is certainly "upscale is some ways. Standard all wheel drive and a high quality interior and all the other perks of it...

Uh BV...how come in one post you're "I'm with stupid sign is directed at the guy who likes the Subaru, while the next seems to be defending it?

What? Are you high, again? The "I'm with stupid" sign means "I agree". Forget? :blink::D

BV loves the Legacy. It's hot for a sedan.

Hey.. I still love Pontiacs... but not the cladding that was attached to them. :P

As for upscale... compared to Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Ford... Subaru is certainly "upscale is some ways. Standard all wheel drive and a high quality interior and all the other perks of it... 

What? Are you high, again? The "I'm with stupid" sign means "I agree". Forget? :blink::D

BV loves the Legacy. It's hot for a sedan.

That's a new one. I've always known it to mean what it implies...being with the stupid guy. It doesn't make sense for an agreement, but oh well.

the legacy was aiming for bmw if im not mistaken. i kindve laughed at that not because theyrre terrible it just seemed unreasonable at the time. subaru always had a set though from the best i could tell. but to say that theyrre upscale i think is a little misleading.

Subies are reliable...have been at the top of the list for years...

As for their upscale aspirations, they've been slowly heading upmarket for years and, to my eyes, are the least 'Japanese' looking of all the Asian makes (which is a good thing).

I'd put them on equal footing with Honda or Toyota, with a dash of style and uniqueness, since they sell about 10-15% of what those two makes peddle.

Japan has won! People think Subaru is reliable just because they are Japanese. JD Power, however, does not agree:

The least reliable brands of 2005:

Suzuki (151)

Mazda (149)

Land Rover (149)

Volkswagon (147)

Porsche (147)

Volvo (140)

Kia (140)

Subaru (138)

Saturn (136)

Saab (136)

Japan has won!  People think Subaru is reliable just because they are Japanese.  JD Power, however, does not agree:

CR Good Bets

The best of both worlds

These are models that have performed well in Consumer Reports road tests over the years and have proved to have several or more years of better-than-average Used Car Verdict. They are listed alphabetically.

Subaru Forester

Subaru Impreza

Subaru Impreza

WRX, STi

Subaru Legacy

Subaru Outback

Additionally, other than JD Power, these cars are all 'best bets' and highly regarded...

...no matter....I'd still put them up against any competitor, as they are what Saab should be and isn't.

But Enzl, you're quoting Consumer Reports! Along with other members, I have heard nothing but good things about Subaru, except the Lesbian lover Forrester. J/K. The B9's snout is fairly nasty and that wannabe truck isn't the best use of money.

But Enzl, you're quoting Consumer Reports!  Along with other members, I have heard nothing but good things about Subaru, except the Lesbian lover Forrester.  J/K.  The B9's snout is fairly nasty and that wannabe truck isn't the best use of money.

Sorry...I haven't had a chance to really research this, I just flipped to a bookmarked site...it happened to be CR (which I personally don't like), but if you look at almost any media source, you'll find almost unanimously positive ratings....

20/15 vision says otherwise. Must be all that ribbed cladding that does it for you; you like(d) Pontiacs in the past.

When was the last time your vision was checked? The Legacy is without a strip of cladding.

And since when is subaru "upscale"??? :lol:

Go sit in a G6 and then a Legacy. That should clear things up.

But Enzl, you're quoting Consumer Reports!  Along with other members, I have heard nothing but good things about Subaru, except the Lesbian lover Forrester.  J/K.  The B9's snout is fairly nasty and that wannabe truck isn't the best use of money.

You don't hear anything bad about Subarus, because you don't hear much about Subarus.

A guy at work is on at least his second new one, he really seems to like them, yet they are in the shop quite often. His latest one was in shop only after a few months for hesitation and rough idle. I don't know if the problem was fixed. He states that an automoblie is just an appliance to him, and that the Subaru is a good appliance.....despite it being in the shop all the time.

People buy Subarus to be different.....and they don't want to admit that their choice of a "different" car was a bad choice.....so they don't tell you about the bad experiences with the car.

You don't hear anything bad about Subarus, because you don't hear much about Subarus.

A guy at work is on at least his second new one, he really seems to like them, yet they are in the shop quite often.  His latest one was in shop only after a few months for hesitation and rough idle.  I don't know if the problem was fixed.  He states that an automoblie is just an appliance to him, and that the Subaru is a good appliance.....despite it being in the shop all the time.

People buy Subarus to be different.....and they don't want to admit that their choice of a "different" car was a bad choice.....so they don't tell you about the bad experiences with the car.

I would disagree that they're 'always in the shop' based on an owner you know...

...I know many owners, but I wouldn't use their experience as evidence of a general statement or fact about any product.

I stand my above statement that they're good cars and highly regarded....people buy Saabs or Audis to be different too, and, unfortunately, they like to complain about them, apparently....see any independent study, owner surveys or industry sources.

I noticed a more positive attitude towards Subaru here when they were in GM's orbit...find it interesting that they basically reject GM and, suddenly, they can't build decent cars anymore, according to some....

Get some glasses... It's the best looking upmarket midsize sedan you can buy.

You're right. And the drivetrain is awesome.

i have a great deal of respect for subarus since i first started watching wrc rally racing a few years back. they make pretty decent looking cars with solid drivetrains, and are very capable but the fact remains they have a relatively high cost of ownership. like i said i always thought they were neat little cars and if i ever owned an asian nameplate that would probably be the one.

same goes for audi's . to be honest though, i dont see myself in either of those brands.

:)

cost to own quick comparison grand prix and legacy, i think

http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/Used/re...iewreliability/

http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/Used/re...iewreliability/

(from england)

Subaru

• League position: 11th

• Claims per 100 vehicles: 26.3

• Average age (years): 5.46

• Average mileage: 55,092

• Average repair cost: £835

• Average time for repair (hours): 8.6

After two years in fifth place, Subaru has slipped to 11th this year.

Its cars have gone from having five-star reliability to just three stars and they are still very expensive, and time-consuming, to fix. When things go wrong, it’s more than likely that the cars’ engines are to blame, with nearly half of the claims relating to engine trouble. This could well explain the high average repair cost, which, at £835, is second only to Porsche in this survey.

As high as it is, Subaru’s repair cost has fallen £159 from £994 in last year’s survey. As well as deep pockets, Subaru owners also need to have a great deal of patience – they have to wait on average an incredible 8.6 hours for their cars to be fixed.

Verdict: *** Reliability is not bad, but when things do go wrong the costs are very high.

from an english site

http://www.whatcar.com/default.aspx--

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

I would disagree that they're 'always in the shop' based on an owner you know...

...I know many owners, but I wouldn't use their experience as evidence of a general statement or fact about any product.

I stand my above statement that they're good cars and highly regarded....people buy Saabs or Audis to be different too, and, unfortunately, they like to complain about them, apparently....see any independent study, owner surveys or industry sources.

I noticed a more positive attitude towards Subaru here when they were in GM's orbit...find it interesting that they basically reject GM and, suddenly, they can't build decent cars anymore, according to some....

:withstupid: (Dodgefan, that means I agree. :P )

Does enzl have a long white beard and sit on some peak in the Nepalese Himalayas? He must because he is Captain Wisdom...

I know 3 people who own Subaru's, and one owns an old Justy and that thing still goes strong. Their cars are well built, reliable and even fun to drive... what more do you want?

Does enzl have a long white beard and sit on some peak in the Nepalese Himalayas? He must because he is Captain Wisdom...

I know 3 people who own Subaru's, and one owns an old Justy and that thing still goes strong. Their cars are well built, reliable and even fun to drive... what more do you want?

Mmm...yes. Someone finally correctly guessed my true occupation :)

I'm a little biased for Subies, as they have served me ('84 Wagon, 135K) and family (a '04 Legacy GT Wagon (45K)...well.

That being said, I think the industry in general would benefit from more Subaru's and less badge-engineering...