New 2007 Opel Corsa

With a slightly revised interior, I could see this taking a healthy bite out of North American Fit/Versa/Yaris sales.

The exterior looks great for a subcompact. I'm all for this coming here as an entry-level Saturn subcompact.

Makes the Aveo look like a pile of $#it.

We need this in the USA and NOW give it to Pontiac and

call it the Firefly. The Aveo looks dated & cheap next to the Yaris.

the yellow illumination onthe centerstack looks really bad to me....?

I love that amber yellow color. I love the Camaro's

interior and I love this. :)

Edited by Sixty8panther

the yellow illumination onthe centerstack looks really bad to me....?

I don't like it, but it's "quirky"... and the people who buy Fit's and Yaris' seem to appreciate quirky things...

The car itself looks kinda Korean, but don't all the cars in this class? With an interior like that, the car could grab a few customers from Toyota. Plus, the fact that it could possibly be a Saturn means that it'll be sold in Saturn's "No Pressure" atmosphere, which only helps to attract new car buyers.

With a slightly revised interior, I could see this taking a healthy bite out of North American Fit/Versa/Yaris sales. 

The exterior looks great for a subcompact.  I'm all for this coming here as an entry-level Saturn subcompact.

the interior is fine the way it is!

yes, this should be a new saturn

This car outclasses any subcompact, GM has no reason for not bringing it to the US! It has navigation! Something the Aura, Impala, G6 and Malibu don't even offer! And the 1.6 Turbo 180hp version comes with a 6-Speed Manual.

This car outclasses any subcompact, GM has no reason for not bringing it to the US! It has navigation! Something the Aura, Impala, G6 and Malibu don't even offer! And the 1.6 Turbo 180hp version comes with a 6-Speed Manual.

Remember the Chevy Sprint Turbo? A Czech friend of ours had one

it was bright red and his parking spot in the garage at our condominium

was right across from our 1989 Cavalier RS sedan. That little 3-cylinder

wonder was the focus of many of my childhood jokes. Waht was esp.

funny abotu it was that they traded a 1976 Lincoln in for it.

How do you go from a four door 19' long tank with a 460 V8

to a 7' long 2 door sub-sub-compat with a 1.0 liter 3-cylinder. :blink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

How do you go from a four door 19' long tank with a 460 V8

to a 7' long 2 door sub-sub-compat with a 1.0 liter 3-cylinder

You don't have to. You could keep the tank and get the Corsa so you can afford keeping the tank!

Times are changing, fuel is getting more expensive and as much as I like to keep my Classic Caprice forever, I know I can't.

Having a subcompact would help me hold on to the Caprice much longer, all of my life I've been in RWD, BOF, V8 American Sedans and I'm not a fan of subcompacts.

Better than 96% pf respondants agree with you imaj:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...?showtopic=8502

GM has no execuse not to bring it! Everyone or almost everyone wants it or believe that it would be a market success in the US.

I hope GM reads this forums, or we need to come up with a way to let them know. And I don't mean we as GM fans on C&G, but I mean GM fans all around the web and on all the different forums.

Edited by Imaj

Guest YellowJacket894

^ E-mail Lutz about it. And keep e-mailing him until he gets the hint and shows us a concept in "Saturn form." :AH-HA_wink:

And there is market this could kick ass in; the target is planted on the Yaris' ugly face.

• 1 month later...

^ E-mail Lutz about it. And keep e-mailing him until he gets the hint and shows us a concept in "Saturn form." :AH-HA_wink:

And there is market this could kick ass in; the target is planted on the Yaris' ugly face.

Why waste time for a concept? Just bring it straight to the show rooms with a price tag on it! :thumbsup:

I'm not much of a fan of subcompacts either, or hatches to that matter, and I really like the 3 door. If the price is right, I'd say this could be a good hit for Saturn.

Chevrolet Aveo Z02....has a nice ring to it (Z02 was the codename for the Turbo package for the 1987-88 Sprint and Spectrum, did you know?) Chevy could also import a diesel version, naming it Z90, which was the old Chevette Diesel-equipped codename. Personally I think Corsa is ugly like many Euro vehicles these days, suffering from TTS, or Too Tall Syndrome. The only vehicle I know of that has done right with tall vehicle styling both in photos and in person is the Ford Focus (Dodge Caliber and Honda Fit failed on the pictures part, but looked okay in person, ditto Toyota Yaris, though that looked bland in person).

• 1 month later...