I Bought Another One....

Usually I get a good feel from you prior to your announcement. This time around, I have no clue how your thought process has been because we havent communicated enough.

I have no idea where to begin.

CUV?

SUV?

sports car?

luxury car?

FWD?

RWD?

Porsche Boxter?

You mentioned in a Dream Garage thread that you wouldnt mind owning a base Porsche Boxter...

Boxters are driver's cars and you are a "driver" kinda guy...you tend to look past dumb ass stereotypes and see a car for what it really is....

I go with Porsche Boxter.

But winter time is almost upon us....is a Boxter really in your mindset right about now? For all I know, it could be a Jeep SRT of some sort...

Ill keep the Boxter as my 1st guess and we will go from there.

Edited by oldshurst442

40 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Usually I get a good feel from you prior to your announcement. This time around, I have no clue how your thought process has been because we havent communicated enough.

I have no idea where to begin.

CUV?

SUV?

sports car?

luxury car?

FWD?

RWD?

Porsche Boxter?

You mentioned in a Dream Garage thread that you wouldnt mind owning a base Porsche Boxter...

Boxters are driver's cars and you are a "driver" kinda guy...you tend to look past dumb ass stereotypes and see a car for what it really is....

I go with Porsche Boxter.

But winter time is almost upon us....is a Boxter really in your mindset right about now? For all I know, it could be a Jeep SRT of some sort...

Ill keep the Boxter as my 1st guess and we will go from there.

Strong possibility the next car I get for just ME will be a Porsche. VERY strong possibility. Alas, this time it's not a P car.

@ccap41

Nothing I currently own- Rav4, xB, 318i, GTI- was replaced.

Also, this was an impulse buy. I was not actively looking for anything. Just stumbled into this one.

51 Crosley hot Shot....!

How bad did I miss?

1 hour ago, ykX said:

Man, you are changing cars like every 6 months! :)

BMW?

His wife wishes he changed his underwear that often, actually.....

Stumbled across and it's an addition to the family.. (I also didn't know you have a 318i of xB)

Hmmm...

I'll go out and say an S2000.

26 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Strong possibility the next car I get for just ME will be a Porsche.

I think this is more of a hint than I credited it.. If it isn't for you and it is either family or wife's then it is not an S2000.

7 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Stumbled across and it's an addition to the family.. (I also didn't know you have a 318i of xB)

Hmmm...

I'll go out and say an S2000.

I think this is more of a hint than I credited it.. If it isn't for you and it is either family or wife's then it is not an S2000.

I talk about my xB all the time! Idk how you missed that one.

I didn't mean for that one statement to be a hint, but I now realize it is.

Not 2 door. Not new.

16 minutes ago, ykX said:

So if I  understand correctly, you have replaced your GTI, so it will be your daily driver?

I think you have to give a little more detail, sedan, hatchback, domestic, foreign.

Hints/clues will come as needed if nobody gets it.

Edited by Frisky Dingo

4 door Unimog....

8 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Pretty good guess, and I actually did consider a True Blue Sahara HT we had at our dealer recently. But not a Jeep.

What dealership do you work at? Do you sell new cars or....what do you do?

I am going the other way...gently used Ghlbli SQ 4...4 doors....different than anything he currently owns....right?

10 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Did you go out and get yourself a Ferd F1shifty?!? Or a Chebby SilverAdo?!?!

..Not sure why I feel 4 doors is not a car.. You don't seem like you'd get a second CUV...

Hummer H3 would be more my guess....he is not quite into conventional automobiles....so if he was going to go for something more SUVish I would think something like that....

I would just short of cut out a kidney for a Unimog. But it is not a Unimog.

Not a pickup.

Next poster gets to pick the clue-

1-Do you want to know the decade it was built in?

2-Or do you want to know if it is Foreign or Domestic?

Edited by Frisky Dingo

1905 Stanley Steamer...ohhh wait...you said after 1960...you meant new millennium and not new century...hmmmm....

I am going to guess foreign also.....rule out MINI, Mercedes, and you said not another BMW....so probably Asian....doubt you bought another vee dubbbb.....

Although an R32 would be a nice addition to your fleet.  You seem to like boxy vehicles....

Just now, ccap41 said:

2000-2010, 4 door, not a truck, or any Jeeps...Right?

Making sure I'm keeping up haha

Yes, trying to figure out if R32's were built as 4 doors, I can't remember at the moment...not sure they were....golf R was though...but....

...Golf R was not sold until 2012...so rule that out....

4 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Yep!

You will love it.  My nephew has one and it is fantastic.....

May I be the first to congratulate you! Kind of thought you might have gone Asian...

Just now, A Horse With No Name said:

You will love it.  My nephew has one and it is fantastic.....

May I be the first to congratulate you! Kind of thought you might have gone Asian...

Thanks!! It's actually my second one in as many years. I had a Magnetic Grey 2014 Trail Edition Premium before.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, ykX said:

Congratulations! Looks very good.

Any plans for it?

Probably going to keep it stock for the foreseeable future. The tires on it still have a ton of life left, so no rush to do anything there. As components begin to reach the end of their lifespan, I will most likely begin to upgrade them. Maybe OME or Toyotec suspension, newer 4Runner or FJ wheels with a slightly more aggressive tire. For now, I'm just going to enjoy it as is. It'll be a great extra vehicle to have around this winter. My xB has good all-seasons and manages snow fine, but it's not a great deal of fun doing so. The wife's Rav is AWD, and it is rather competent, but AWD is just not the same as a true 4WD system.

56 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Probably going to keep it stock for the foreseeable future. The tires on it still have a ton of life left, so no rush to do anything there. As components begin to reach the end of their lifespan, I will most likely begin to upgrade them. Maybe OME or Toyotec suspension, newer 4Runner or FJ wheels with a slightly more aggressive tire. For now, I'm just going to enjoy it as is. It'll be a great extra vehicle to have around this winter. My xB has good all-seasons and manages snow fine, but it's not a great deal of fun doing so. The wife's Rav is AWD, and it is rather competent, but AWD is just not the same as a true 4WD system.

I thought of you Saturday....someone traded in an old late 70's/early 80's land cruiser at the local
Toyota dealership...thing was in nice shape...it was leaving the dealership on a car carrier headed somewhere last I knew...

Not much of an SUV guy myself but between you and Dfelt you all have me thinking...

4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I thought of you Saturday....someone traded in an old late 70's/early 80's land cruiser at the local
Toyota dealership...thing was in nice shape...it was leaving the dealership on a car carrier headed somewhere last I knew...

Not much of an SUV guy myself but between you and Dfelt you all have me thinking...

I never really was before myself. Owning one pretty much had me hooked. I've always like 4Runners, even before I was in the car business, but back when I was young and could only afford one car, sports cars were top priority for me. Now that I'm older and can have multiple cars, and have a need for a back seat, they are much easier to justify.

As much as I love tearing up curvy back roads in a sports car, there is something almost equally appealing about venturing off the pavement and getting to see places that you otherwise wouldn't. If you commit to using their capability, they will get you to some really incredible spots that are a joy to experience. And getting there can be a ton of fun itself. I love fording water, hitting mud holes, climbing rocks and logs, and steep inclines/descents. It is just as challenging as good car control on road, and best of all, you're usually going so slow there's no risk in hurting yourself or others. Worst case, you call a wrecker and have an insurance claim.

We've taken levee roads right down to river's edge before. Gone down rough farming roads to hidden spots and seen dozens of deer, turkeys, eagles and other birds of prey, coyotes, foxes, turtles, snakes, etc. My kids love it. We've taken fire roads out into forests and found barns/homes that have been abandoned for decades and have vintage signs/newspapers/magazines/furniture in them. It's fascinating. The only real drawbacks are how hard it can be sometimes to get them clean, and the fear of damaging your ride, especially if it's newer and/or expensive. The mods can also be pretty pricey. But you don't need to go to extremes to be able to enjoy moderate off roading.

• Agree 3

People always talk about how much fun expensive cars are, but wheeling and autocr4oss are probably the safest and most fun ways to entertain yourself with a vehicle.

An old Cherokee or Miata can easily be purchased for less than 5 grand, and wheelers and autocrossers seem to be almost universally friendly if you find a good group.

I want to try rally cross, which is autocross on Dirt.  Hard on the car, but lots of fun.