Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1977 Dodge Charger Commercial

My mom factory ordered one, dark blue with light blue top and white vinyl over blue carpet and dash.  318.  She traded it on her '81 Le Car.  She had way more fun in the Le Car, minimalist as it was.

15 hours ago, ocnblu said:

My mom factory ordered one, dark blue with light blue top and white vinyl over blue carpet and dash.  318.  She traded it on her '81 Le Car.  She had way more fun in the Le Car, minimalist as it was.

The 80's cheap econo boxes had a beat on them/thrash them/drive them hard quality that has pretty much bone unmatched since.

The Miata/FRS/ Neon R/T, Neon aCR, sRT 4, Focus SVT, etc that followed were much more serious cars that kind of made you sit up and take notice and give the car a little bit of respect.

80's econo boxes, especially 80's Chrysler econo boxes kind of made you want to drive sideways with Zero effs given....

The 2.2 L Turbo cars were a blast also...loved watching them with mild tunes pull down Mach one Mustangs, SS 396 Chevelles, and Cudas at the local drag strip in Muncie Indiana when I was a teenager.

I still like the earlier 1970's Mopars better though. This car was in a way the beginning of the end for Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth production cars.