Ultimate Dream Garage: 300-399 HP Edition

As we get to the range where the first digit becomes a '3', we start to see a lot more diversity. In this bracket we have everything from mid-engine rockets, to benchmark sport sedans to AWD rally fighters, to entry level muscle and pony cars. Something for everyone!

Rules-

1) Production models only.

2) Maximum of 5 choices.

3) These are your only vehicles.

4) Any era and market is allowed. 

5) MFR's power rating MUST be AT least 300hp, but NO MORE THAN 399hp.

Have fun!

Edited by Frisky Dingo

57pose.JPG

Car #1, 1957 Chrysler 300C, 375 HP or 390 with the optional motor.

Car #2. 1962 Cadillac.....see the link...335 HP....

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/myride/myride.html

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Agree 1

Car #4, 1966 Mercury Cyclone Pace car. When I had my 1966 Mustang Fastback, I was offered a red 390 GT 1966 cyclone convertible in trade for it...in a way I wish I had made the trade...that old Mercury haunts my subconscious from time to time...

CAR #5, For a daily a brand new Chrysler 300 with the Hemi, 362 HP. It would kind of fit the profile of this particular collection...interesting and quirky RWD American iron...

14 hours ago, Stew said:

Time to go home.  Will jump in here tomorrow. :)

Please do!

Interesting that we both have a 300 on our list, even though we have radically different lists of cars!

The 300, especially with the newest restyling, creeps up on you like really good spicy food....you don't realize the cumulative effect until boom....

Nice list, really can agree with the Camaro 1LE also.

2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Interesting that we both have a 300 on our list, even though we have radically different lists of cars!

The 300, especially with the newest restyling, creeps up on you like really good spicy food....you don't realize the cumulative effect until boom....

Nice list, really can agree with the Camaro 1LE also.

The 300 just looks amazing.  I do wish the interior conveyed a bit more personality.  It just seems sort of bland to me. 

2 minutes ago, Stew said:

The 300 just looks amazing.  I do wish the interior conveyed a bit more personality.  It just seems sort of bland to me. 

Biggest issue with me in buying a 300 is depreciation.  FCA has done a lot to damage brand equity, these vehicles loose their value very rapidly around here.

Interior to me is slightly cheap in materials and slightly underwhelming in terms of execution and assembly. Were I to be buying a car just for road trip comfort, Buick and Lincoln both have the 300 beat in terms of domestics.

2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Biggest issue with me in buying a 300 is depreciation.  FCA has done a lot to damage brand equity, these vehicles loose their value very rapidly around here.

Interior to me is slightly cheap in materials and slightly underwhelming in terms of execution and assembly. Were I to be buying a car just for road trip comfort, Buick and Lincoln both have the 300 beat in terms of domestics.

They hold heir value OK around here, especially Hemis.  IMHO, of the LX cars the Challenger far and away has the best styled and nicest interior.  i was blown away about how high quality it is too, even compared to it's stablemates i is a step above.  Give me a 300S Hemi with the Challenger interior and I would be heppy as  can be. 

ch015_117th.jpg?itok=OmNFGXzK

vs

6302624_orig.jpg

• Agree 1

Crap. I already have like 10 cars on a list and I'm not even done. No clue how I will get this down to 5.

32 minutes ago, Stew said:

They hold heir value OK around here, especially Hemis.  IMHO, of the LX cars the Challenger far and away has the best styled and nicest interior.  i was blown away about how high quality it is too, even compared to it's stablemates i is a step above.  Give me a 300S Hemi with the Challenger interior and I would be heppy as  can be. 

ch015_117th.jpg?itok=OmNFGXzK

vs

6302624_orig.jpg

Yeah, why does the Challenger have the better interior?!?! That Challenger interior looks sharp as hell.

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

Crap. I already have like 10 cars on a list and I'm not even done. No clue how I will get this down to 5.

One list for you and one list for your wife, bingo, all done....if you had 5 kids like I do you could have 35 cars on the list....

7 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

The GF would only want like 5 G-Wagens though.. lol I guess hers is an older G500 that's only like 305hp or something like that.

Hahaha 35 car list.. Well, it wouldn't be all that difficult to do at this hp range.

Nothing wrong with that....!

This is probably the most broad range for me. I don't think I could have done 35 for sub-200hp but probably 200-299 I could. 35 is a lot though.. It'd get sketchy lol

I have 13 cars for 300-399hp right now... :o

Whatever I get up to I might just post the whole list for sh!ts and then narrow it down.

Edited by ccap41

@ccap41 I narrowed my list down from about 15 very strong options. It was rather BMW and Porsche heavy, lol. But for diversity's sake-

BMW M5 E39- The car that should be on everyone here's list. Greatest sport sedan ever built. My DD.

49.jpg

Chevy Colorado ZR2- Off-road fun, occasional family hauler.

2017-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-live-09.jpg

TVR Sagaris- I just adore these. Raw, visceral, scary, manic. Perfect.

tvr-sagaris-850x400.jpg

Ferrari 360 Modena Spyder- Gotta have a vert. And this is my favorite modern Ferrari built.

2004_ferrari_360_modena_west_palm_beach_

Porsche 964 Turbo S- Almost picked the equally lovely 3.8 RS, but I had to have one car with some boost.

1994_Porsche_911_(_964_)_turbo_S_002_048

Edited by Frisky Dingo

I'm just going to post my current list for sh!ts. I'm really not even sure what to keep from this at all.

-2004 Terminator Cobra - 390hp

-2004 Mach 1 - 305hp

-AMG C43 - 362hp

-Ferrari 360 - 395hp

-Ferrari Testarossa - 390hp

-Range Rover Sport 3.0 s/c - 340hp

-Jag F Pace - 340hp

-Jag F-Type S - 380hp

-2017 F150 FX4 - 375hp/470tq

-C5 Vette - 350hp

-2002 WS6 - 350hp

-Supra - 320hp

-1970 Pontiac GTO - "366"hp

-1968 Z/28 - "350" hp

-E46 M3 - 333hp

-Mustang EcoBoost - 310hp

-Cayman S - 350hp

-911 Targa - 370hp

-Mecan GTS - 360hp

-Golf R - 305hp

-ZR2 - 306hp

11 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I'm just going to post my current list for sh!ts. I'm really not even sure what to keep from this at all.

-2004 Mach 1 - 305hp

-AMG C43 - 362hp

-Ferrari 360 - 395hp

-Jag F Pace - 340hp

-Jag F-Type S - 380hp

-C5 Vette - 350hp

-2002 WS6 - 350hp

-Supra - 320hp

-1968 Z/28 - "350" hp

-E46 M3 - 333hp

-Cayman S - 350hp

-911 Targa - 370hp

-Mecan GTS - 360hp

-Golf R - 305hp

-ZR2 - 306hp

These were on my list, as well. Along with a 997 or newer 911, BMW 1M or M2, E34 M5, Miura, Boxster Spyder.

Also, the R has 292 hp. You can strike it out. 

5 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

These were on my list, as well. Along with a 997 or newer 911, BMW 1M or M2, E34 M5, Miura, Boxster Spyder.

Yes, More Porsches and more BMWs. So many to choose from. I'm not a huge fan of the older stuff. My line is kind of drawn at the E46 and E39 for BMW and the current and previous gen(maybe last 2 gens) of 911's.

Ahhh I could have sworn it was 30Xhp. Well that's easy to strike off the list then.

Some of mine are actual dream cars, some of them are lame daily drivers that I'd love to drive daily like the Mecan, Rover, and C43 and then some old school muscle that is just bad-ass.

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Ha, I didn't even think of Porsche..

You have one of mine in there but mine isn't a Spyder. It was probably my favorite car while growing up.

GREAT list! :thumbsup:

Indeed!

TVR is fantastic, and the M5 is an astonishingly solid choice....

7 minutes ago, Stew said:

I may do a second list of used cars from the last 20 years :D

It's easiest for me to just do the newest stuff as well. The older cars on my list are just ones I've always liked so I didn't really have to put any thought into them other than to double check their power levels. Maybe I'll do a "new" list and a "used" list. That might make this easier for me.

9 minutes ago, Stew said:

I may do a second list of used cars from the last 20 years :D

Please do!

40 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

BMW M1 would just be the bomb, did not think of that but it makes total sense!

56 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

-2004 Mach 1 - 305hp

-AMG C43 - 362hp

-Ferrari 360 - 395hp

-Jag F Pace - 340hp

-Jag F-Type S - 380hp

-C5 Vette - 350hp

-2002 WS6 - 350hp

-Supra - 320hp

-1968 Z/28 - "350" hp

-E46 M3 - 333hp

-Cayman S - 350hp

-911 Targa - 370hp

-Mecan GTS - 360hp

-Golf R - 305hp

-ZR2 - 306hp

If I had to narrow this down, values of the cars not withstanding....

1970 Pontiac GTO

E46 M3

Supra

Jag F type S

Terminator Cobra

And if I had to narrow that down to two...

E46 M3 and 4th gen Supra.

God only knows what I would choose to do if I had to pick between those two choices....but they would be my top two on your list.

E46 M3 is the chariot of the Gods IMHO.  Supra with the 2JZ is right there with it.

1 minute ago, Stew said:

ok, 25 years haha

1992 ZR1 375 HP

corp_0703_02_z+brilliant_white_1992_corv

300ZX Turbo  300HP

1e8acc59ae083772288c77469f13f5e8.jpg

2000 Cobra R 380 HP

cobramw10.JPG

1996 Stealth R/T turbo 320 HP

dodge-stealth-2013-wallpaper-7.jpg

2002 Formula WS6 320 HP

299868.jpg?1159502290

If I had to narrow this down to just one, it would be the 300 Twin turbo...something about that car....

Although given the Cobra R....I can't narrow it down to just one...please send me the R also....

17 minutes ago, Stew said:

2000 Cobra R 380 HP

cobramw10.JPG

Trumped my Termi.

While, if I'm being honest, I think the Termi is a more personally desirable car the Cobra R is just special because of WHAT it is. It's one of those cars that is greater than the sum of its parts. I also think the front splitter takes way the look on this car a little to me.

Fun fact, It uses a standard V6 Mustang rear bumper because the exhaust exits out of the side.

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Trumped my Termi.

While, if I'm being honest, I think the Termi is a more personally desirable car the Cobra R is just special because of WHAT it is. It's one of those cars that is greater than the sum of its parts. I also think the front splitter takes way the look on this car a little to me.

Fun fact, It uses a standard V6 Mustang rear bumper because the exhaust exits out of the side.

The only problem in owning one is that from what I understand many of the unique parts (mechanical bits) are no longer available from Ford.

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Trumped my Termi.

Do the lists hehe.  And yes, I slightly lean to the Terminator, but really like this too.  WHen the Rs first came out a local guy got all the body parts, spoiler, etc and put them on a ....................  V6, SMH

28 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

It's easiest for me to just do the newest stuff as well. The older cars on my list are just ones I've always liked so I didn't really have to put any thought into them other than to double check their power levels. Maybe I'll do a "new" list and a "used" list. That might make this easier for me.

22 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

God only knows what I would choose to do if I had to pick between those two choices....but they would be my top two on your list.

E46 M3 is the chariot of the Gods IMHO.  Supra with the 2JZ is right there with it.

If I had to narrow this down to just one, it would be the 300 Twin turbo...something about that car....

Although given the Cobra R....I can't narrow it down to just one...please send me the R also....

Easily my favorite of all the Z cars. 

10 minutes ago, Stew said:

Do the lists hehe.  And yes, I slightly lean to the Terminator, but really like this too.  WHen the Rs first came out a local guy got all the body parts, spoiler, etc and put them on a ....................  V6, SMH

Easily my favorite of all the Z cars. 

I like the original 240/260Z cars also. Probably because I sued to do a lot of SCCA type stuff and the 240/260 were just kind of a legend in their own way in amateur racing for such a long time.

The 300TT was the last of the Z cars where they really pushed the envelope.  they kind of cheeped out and did not show a lot of creativity with the 350Z or 370Z. Jeffery, my sons friend/my friend/ has a 300TT modified, that is a highly scary car to drive or ride in.

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I would narrowly an Mk4 Supra Turbo over an E46 M3. I'm with you on the 300 choice, though.

1 minute ago, Frisky Dingo said:

I would narrowly an Mk4 Supra Turbo over an E46 M3. I'm with you on the 300 choice, though.

I think I would also....but it would be tight.

Just now, Frisky Dingo said:

Stone me if you will, but never was much of a fan of the Cobra R. One of the least desirable modern Mustangs, imo. I'd take a Termi over it all day every day. I'd even take an N/A Cobra or Mach over one. Or a Salleen.

Will not stone you at all.  If anything, we are too politically correct in accepting other peoples choices.  There are lots of cars people here like that I really would not want to own.

...and I do not see any of the rest here racing out to embrace the 50 and 60 year old stuff I remember and love.

Different strokes for different folks.

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Will not stone you at all.  If anything, we are too politically correct in accepting other peoples choices.  There are lots of cars people here like that I really would not want to own.

...and I do not see any of the rest here racing out to embrace the 50 and 60 year old stuff I remember and love.

Different strokes for different folks.

If we weren't all different there would only be one manufacturer making one car :)  No fun at all lol.

Just now, Stew said:

If we weren't all different there would only be one manufacturer making one car :)  No fun at all lol.

Indeed....having way to much fun with these lists....

I'll start with my brand new list. I guarantee there are still a few I'd like to swap in/out for but here I go..

My daily driver would be a RR Sport, 3.0 S/C - 340hp

690466E5-F79A-440A-9B07-330A4AEDCCA3_zps

For some reason I'd want a truck.. Maybe to tow the toys to a track.. Or maybe just to be a douche who has a truck and rarely uses it as a truck. This would likely be the first to swap for something else but I'm not sure what I'd want as a 2016-2017. Anyway,  2017 F150 FX4, 3.5TT - 375hp/470tq

53BBF352-BC9D-4D63-AC11-933F0DF87298_zps

I know I always post the same picture but I can't find any good pictures of the '15+ with these wheels and grill, bumper, mirrors(no chrome).

Now for the fun stuff!

BMW M2 - 365hp - small, RWD, great power:weight ratio. Right in my wheelhouse.

D085DCD8-77B7-4A0B-83F8-8B02AAD920FD_zps

911 Targa 4 - 370hp

454CC21A-7409-470C-88F3-4CF931042C40_zps

7F174644-83C8-49D5-9479-E7A607F76449_zps

Focus RS(Forgot this on my preliminary list!!!) This just seems like a freakin blast to hoon. Again, smaller car, AWD, nasty power. I'd just like to open up the intake and exhaust a bit and slap a tune on her and it'd probably be a 400hp+ car easily.

094EADD1-A219-4A49-96CC-A5CA5194D2B9_zps

Honorable mention goes to the F-Type. I think it is one of the sexiest cars in production(in coupe form). But not being able to get the V8 kind of ruins it.. Just knowing it isn't exactly what I would want..

DB169F67-C869-409C-98F2-BA9EF0A8EC9F_zps

04BC1552-812B-46EC-8E4A-F1739A6CA2DF_zps

• Agree 1

@ccap41 and @ykX Great lists as always, gentlemen.

@A Horse With No Name There's numerous old cars I could pick, and indeed, I came very close to putting a Miura on my list. But when I stop and think about having only 5 cars, there's not usually any that I have that strong desire for to nix vehicles that I could enjoy on a much more frequent basis. The Miura is one of all-time favorite cars, but I'd mostly just stare at it in my garage. I'd be terrified to drive it often. And the more muscle side of the spectrum, I just don't enjoy the way most of them drive. They're cool as all hell, and some of them look incredible, but the few times I've driven them, I usually find myself being just fine that it was a 'one and done'. 

3 hours ago, Frisky Dingo said:

@ccap41 and @ykX Great lists as always, gentlemen.

@A Horse With No Name There's numerous old cars I could pick, and indeed, I came very close to putting a Miura on my list. But when I stop and think about having only 5 cars, there's not usually any that I have that strong desire for to nix vehicles that I could enjoy on a much more frequent basis. The Miura is one of all-time favorite cars, but I'd mostly just stare at it in my garage. I'd be terrified to drive it often. And the more muscle side of the spectrum, I just don't enjoy the way most of them drive. They're cool as all hell, and some of them look incredible, but the few times I've driven them, I usually find myself being just fine that it was a 'one and done'. 

...and there is a reason I want my next car to be a WRX and not a 442 Olds....

Well, I never finished this list.. Still tough to narrow it down but I'm going to go with this list..

I'll get the daily out of the way first.. Mix it up a bit as well. I think if I actually were doing this the F-Pace would be the daily but I'd have to go drive them all to really decide.

Audi SQ5 - 354hp

3CE9FCCD-4D63-4CEE-B899-60B41AC57E15_zps

Terminator Cobra - "390hp"

200B417F-4665-4997-90B6-92C4FAD4856D_zps

6FE3E9F0-C420-476A-9084-B09E1D402D58_zps

Supra - 320hp

463BD171-EFC2-4367-A0A5-A54E4E991831_zps

E46 M3 - 333hp

2F1007B7-9DED-448C-931E-6AB5B6C39794_zps

1970 Pontiac GTO - "350hp"

E6FEAF87-A43E-4036-AA99-3E84EEEC6865_zps

Really sad I couldn't get cars like a WS6 or an F-Type Coupe in there. I think I would have regretted not having at least one old school cruiser/muscle car. Also disappointed I didn't put a Ferrari 360 in there but I know damn well it wouldn't be driven as much as say the Supra or M3 would and I want these cars to be taken out and driven not just garage queens.

• Agree 1