FordCosworth

2016 FORD FOCUS RS FIRST TEST: DRIVING FORD’S 350-HP AWD HOT HATCH

6 posts in this topic

ccap41    1,221

I'd like to see a comparison where one has the Cup 2's and one has some other less aggressive but still a very good summer tire(most likely the "standard" tire).

• Upvote 1

Suaviloquent    713

I found the part about comparing to pony cars a bit of a reach. If this car is better than it's peers when it comes to performance on a track, and is more fun, why does this car have to prove itself against Pony cars? Especially when Ford has a pony car solution right in it's own stable?

It's really stupid. The same journalists who pleaded for years for Ford to bring it's European wares here, are now more than content to find a way to blast the European wares for not being in touch with American tastes.

Lago appears, just very very, uninformed. Ford bringing this car here is just a bonus for the U.S. This is a European hatch still, and the waiting list is a thing because they're imported from Saarlouis, and Europe is Europe, unions there are much more powerful, and vacation times and factory shutdowns for the summer are a thing. 

• Upvote 3

dfelt    1,861

Agree that I would love to see comparisons where they have the racing tire, but also all season and winter tires and then see how the hot hatch really stands up.

ccap41    1,221
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:40 PM, dfelt said:

Agree that I would love to see comparisons where they have the racing tire, but also all season and winter tires and then see how the hot hatch really stands up.

Agreed! Mostly because of WHAT it is. That a company said "screw it" and just built a balls to the walls nasty tiny car that's completely catering to the enthusiast and they don't give a sht about the non-enthusiasts. Manual only, firm firm firm ride, super sticky tires, "DRIFT MODE", and they stuck with a basic interior.

• Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.