Sign in to follow this  
MRDETROITMETAL

Pontiac Fiero

11 posts in this topic

I love the idea of a new Fiero, I draw them all the time.

This looks too much like a Peugeot Quasar.

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

Now I know why I rushed it !....just what about this design is affronting ?

I am more than willing to modify it if we can define the needs.

I do not see it, but am very courious as to the comments here as it appears to adhere directly to the Fiero format of design ?

What design elements exactly are lacking in this render ???

Granted that the solstice is a different car, not intended to replace a Fiero and IMO GM is spreading the Solstice body to to many divisions, Pontiac, Saturn, Opel and even Holden has a version now !!!

GM needs a MIDENGINE car, and the Fiero is it...& this was designed off the Honda GRX concept car, so THAT should tell you this design parameter IS going to happen ....again, and Pontiac with it's current sucsess in Rolex DP racing should be the one's to introduce this type of car....NOW.

IMO, of course.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

:blink: I'm blinking, but I'm still not feeling it. Perhaps a nice engine fire would help...

:blink: I'm blinking, but I'm still not feeling it.  Perhaps a nice engine fire would help...

:rotflmao:

stretch the front out a bit... the nose looks really short...

straighten and raise the beltline... the side window is enormous

lengthen the wheel base... the door shouldnt hafta go around the front wheel well...

stretch the c pillar to give it more of a fastback look... make it look sportier

other than that... nice effort but the few things wrong really screw up your design, especially those huge side windows

Now I know why I rushed it !....just what about this design is affronting ?

I am more than willing to modify it if we can define the needs.

I do not see it, but am very courious as to the comments here as it appears to adhere directly to the Fiero format of design ?

What design elements exactly are lacking in this render ???

Granted that the solstice is a different car, not intended to replace a Fiero and IMO GM is spreading the Solstice body to to many divisions, Pontiac, Saturn, Opel and even Holden has a version now !!!

GM needs a MIDENGINE car, and the Fiero is it...& this was designed off the Honda GRX concept car, so THAT should tell you this design parameter IS going to happen ....again, and Pontiac with it's current sucsess in Rolex DP racing should be the one's to introduce this type of car....NOW.

IMO, of course.

Um... I'll be completely honest... everything. Is that clear enough? :P

Listen, if you are even going to attempt to do a Fiero, don't style it after the notchback. It looked good in the '80s, but the fastback still looks good today and looks like it could have come out of the '90s (except the interior, but that's irrelevant). Also, as much as I am a fan of pop up headlights, they aren't useful on a modern car where the possibility for HID, projector, and LED headlights is real. One more thing... why the hell does it look like it that? I mean, it's not attractive and looks like... a plumped up Del Sol mixed with a weird early 90s dream concept.

Take a look at this thread on mine... lots of Fiero pics for inspiration: Fiero Tribute

One last thing... you might wanna ask my final opinion before posting another Fiero concept. :D

Allright then, now I get it !!! I shoulda known better than to use a f'in honda to start with !!!!!!!...LMAO. :duh:

BV, great post...some wildass cars in there too wats the first custom one that looks like a firebird, and another one looks like a charger, and what idioit made that 4 door fiero ??? !!!! ....holy crap talk about ugly !

:censored:

No doubt your the expert tho,....verison 2 coming up then....no notchback this time, and I knew better too cuz I love that GT design. It was a great car.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this