FordCosworth

Ford will make hybrid F-150, Mustang, and Transit, plus more electrified models

" Ford just held a press conference at its Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan. President and CEO Mark Fields announced details on a huge electrification push, including hybrid versions of existing models, new EVs, and an autonomous hybrid.

Ford will build 13 new electrified vehicles (EV, hybrid, or plug-in hybrid) in the next five years. Fields gave some brief details on seven of them this morning... "

Read more at the Link

Link

Without reading anything quite yet I HOPE AND PRAY that a hybrid Mustang takes the performance route of hybrid technology as opposed to the efficient route. I don't want my mustang to get 40mpg city but I DO want it to sprint to 60mph in 3 seconds.

Gotta love the guts of the anouncement to quote thelink FordCosworth posted above:

• Mustang Hybrid - It will have power similar to a V8 and more torque (plus, we assume, more weight). Debuting in 2020, initially available in North America. It will be built alongside the standard Mustang at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant.
  • F-150 Hybrid - To be built at the Dearborn truck plant. It can double as a mobile generator for job sites, much like the now-dead GM hybrid pickups. Ford's hybrid truck will be available by 2020 and be sold in North America and the Middle East. A rear-drive hybrid truck was previously confirmed by Fields. Our guess is that the hybrid Mustang and F-150 will share a powertrain and likely use an automatic transmission with an electric motor packaged inside.
  • Small Electric Crossover/SUV - This little ute will have a range of 300 miles. Built in Flat Rock.
  • Autonomous Hybrid - Ford's Level 4 autonomous car promised for 2021 will be built in Flat Rock also and use a hybrid powertrain.
  • Police Interceptor Hybrids - Both will be pursuit-rated, and one will be built in Chicago. We expect this means Taurus and Explorer Police Interceptors with hybrid powertrains, but it could also mean a version of the F-150 hybrid for police use. No timeframe mentioned.
  • Transit Custom Plug-In Hybrid for Europe - Promised for 2019. It's designed to reduce operating costs in crowded cities.
  • 20 Transit Connect Hybrid taxis testing in the US - The small test fleet will be deployed in New York and other major US cities.

Should make for some very interesting rides!

Big key is will the US auto companies plan for the European 360kWh charging system or do something even better to leap forward?

• Upvote 1

I would love for Ford to do an OEM Zombie 222 type ride!

EV Baby! 

• Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook