William Maley

Ford News: Everyone Take A Breath, Next Ford Bronco Will Not Be A Reworked Everest

22 posts in this topic

William Maley    410

It was an exciting day when Ford announced that the Ranger and Bronco would be coming back. But then disappointment arrived as an alleged Ford employee said on Reddit that the Bronco would be a slightly re-worked Everest SUV (cue sad trombone). A Ford executive has cleared the air somewhat on the Bronco, and it is good news.

Ford's Chief Technical Officer Raj Nair told Autoline in an interview that while the Bronco would be based on the Ranger/Everest platform, it would be its own vehicle.

“No, it’s a separate vehicle. It will be an incremental vehicle from the Everest. The Everest kind of serves a lot of off-road capability; maybe the space of the Explorer serves here in the U.S., but with a body-on-frame construction with a lot more off-road capability for the rest of the world. This Bronco is completely unique from that Everest. It is body-on-frame and so again, focusing on that off-road capability.”

Nair also revealed that the Bronco would be somewhere in between the small Bronco (1966-1977) and big Bronco (1992-1996).

“This new Bronco will be based off the Ranger platform and so it’s going to be a similarly sized vehicle to what you see in the Ranger. Now, for our American customers who have never seen that global Ranger, it’s a bit bigger than the Ranger we used to have here in the U.S., so I would say it’s kind of in-between in what you saw with that really big Bronco and then the smaller Bronco,” said Nair.

So everyone, take a deep breath. It seems that it is going to be ok.

Source: Autoline

View full article

Drew Dowdell    5,169

Just the fact that it is body on frame is good enough for me.  And actually, a drastically updated Everest to current Ford US standards wouldn't be a bad thing. 

I recently had a Toyota 4Runner as a rental and that vehicle really surprised me for how great it rides on the road, I would consider it the gold standard for this particular niche. 

Drew Dowdell    5,169
2 minutes ago, Stew said:

I can't wait to see it.  I am guessing it will be 4 door only?

I think we're down to a single 2-door crossover these days?  The Range Rover Evoq is it I think. 

I doubt that number will increase at all. 

• Upvote 1

Stew    354
3 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I think we're down to a single 2-door crossover these days?  The Range Rover Evoq is it I think. 

I doubt that number will increase at all. 

What I am thinking.  Would be cool if they at least found a way to hide the rear doors. 

Drew Dowdell    5,169
4 minutes ago, Stew said:

What I am thinking.  Would be cool if they at least found a way to hide the rear doors. 

4027f02795cece55b4e7218d05ad93aa.jpg.bd9

FJ Cruiser style.... Not bad... would drive.

4 minutes ago, Stew said:

Doh!  I forgot about the Wrangler.... but that is much smaller than what the Bronco will be. 

Stew    354

True, the 2 door Wrangler is relatively tiny.  I also wonder if the Bronco will get something to make it Raptor-esque. 

daves87rs    351
5 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Just the fact that it is body on frame is good enough for me.  And actually, a drastically updated Everest to current Ford US standards wouldn't be a bad thing. 

I recently had a Toyota 4Runner as a rental and that vehicle really surprised me for how great it rides on the road, I would consider it the gold standard for this particular niche. 

Truth there....and a good point. Hope they can spice it up a bit too....

Stew    354

Maybe they can work with with something like the concept or the sketches people have done.

ford_bronco.jpg

\ Image result for photos of bronco conceptImage result for photos of bronco concept

2020_fordsvt-bronco_2dr-black_1.jpeg

dfelt    1,874

I would love for GM to bring this back in a modern version. I always loved the Yukon GT model.

1994GMC-Yukon-GT.jpg

Stew    354
23 minutes ago, dfelt said:

That is a nice Photoshop image.

Tahoe-2Door.jpg

Yip, just to give an idea. 

oldshurst442    1,049

Ah yes!

The Ford Bronco.

Memories were made from these...

A STOLEN NIGHT sure is right Mr. Martin.

gettyimages-539886850_master.jpg

Maybe a new crop of NFLers could murder their wives and lead the LAPD on a parade driving off in a new generation real macho man BOF Bronco.

Kicking off another SUV craze...killing (pun intended) off desires for cutesy CUVs that barely have enough grip to climb Costco's parking lot....

oldshurst442    1,049

If Im gonna do a 2 door BOF SUV (excluding a Jeep CJ)...Ill do it straight from the 1970s. FULLSIZED!

K5 Blazer/Jimmy complete with the two-tone body  colour.

c7be697d97bf934304c013f838a5fb55.jpg

surreal1272    771
2 hours ago, dfelt said:

I would love for GM to bring this back in a modern version. I always loved the Yukon GT model.

1994GMC-Yukon-GT.jpg

Yes to this!

oldshurst442    1,049

In the fullsized category.

My dream lifted pick-up truck.

3a7d0711620cf21e881700617781cf34.jpg

My dream muscle truck

lil-red-express-truck.jpg

My dream SUV

4b0ab52d317b8f2ccb76c7d6863646b7.jpg

Bring back disco.

Bring back KISS.

Bring back the good ol days.

Lets make America Great Again!

hyperv6    774

They had better do something along the lines of the concept or something even better or they will have a lot of disappointed people. The media has been using the concept photos so much that it has planted expectations.

I really hope GMC will follow through with the idea of a Wrangler like vehicle. It would really be a benefit for the GMC line and it would do well. It would need to be a 2 and 4 door along with a open top.

Just remember how many Chevy Trackers sold and it was crap. make something a little better and interesting it would do so well. This would be the anti cross over, cross over.

Drew Dowdell    5,169
56 minutes ago, hyperv6 said:

They had better do something along the lines of the concept or something even better or they will have a lot of disappointed people. The media has been using the concept photos so much that it has planted expectations.

I really hope GMC will follow through with the idea of a Wrangler like vehicle. It would really be a benefit for the GMC line and it would do well. It would need to be a 2 and 4 door along with a open top.

Just remember how many Chevy Trackers sold and it was crap. make something a little better and interesting it would do so well. This would be the anti cross over, cross over.

I never understood the allure of the Tracker, but they sold so many of them.  There are hardly any left here in Pittsburgh, they've all returned to their original iron oxide form.  I just wonder why no company has picked up the mantle of vehicles like this except for the Wrangler (which also sells extremely well for what is essentially a brand new 1978 model.)

hyperv6    774
1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I never understood the allure of the Tracker, but they sold so many of them.  There are hardly any left here in Pittsburgh, they've all returned to their original iron oxide form.  I just wonder why no company has picked up the mantle of vehicles like this except for the Wrangler (which also sells extremely well for what is essentially a brand new 1978 model.)

While the bodies died the vehicles carry on as tough truck competitors or even just mud and rock crawlers. I have a ton of customers with them. Not pretty but still running hard.

I due have a buddy who inherited his fathers Samurai. The Suzuki version. It may be the only original rust free example in the mid west. It has never seen snow and little rain. He is not a fan but it was his fathers pride and joy so he hangs on to it. He may end up with a rare vehicle.

He has turned down some major offers for it.

oldshurst442    1,049

A former employee of mine still has his Suzuki Sidekick. The kid bought it 3-4 years ago. It was his first vehicle. Its a 1993 model if Im not mistaken. Its slightly lifted. Its full of rust. Its seen mud runs and snow capades. Sure it looks dinky compared to lifted Jeep Wranglers and especially lifted full blown off roaded Raptors, but dont kid yourself, those little SUVs were the real deal.

They do have a cult following.

I love them myself.

Im not a modern soccer mom CUV type guy, but real deal off road SUVs, small, medium or fullsized I like a lot.

Edited by oldshurst442

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Those who were hoping for a return performance of the Ford Fiesta ST will be disappointed to hear this news. According to CarBuzz, the director of Ford Performance of Europe, Leo Roeks said there isn't enough interest to bring the new model over.
      “It’s simply a matter of a lack of interest in the B-segment in America. It doesn’t make sense, nor is it possible financially speaking, to import a single trim level, and a niche one at that,” Roeks said.
      This news isn't that all surprising. Subcompacts have been seeing their sales drop for the past two years, and 2017 isn't looking much better. The Fiesta was one of the hardest hit models, seeing a decline of 24.3 percent in 2016. As we reported in the rumorpile back in July , Ford was considering cutting the Fiesta in either late 2018 or 2019. This was further bolstered by comments made Fiesta program manager Robert Stiller.
      When reached for comment by Autoblog, Ford issued this statement,
      "We have introduced the next-generation Fiesta for Europe and Middle East & Africa. We'll have more to say about other markets at a later date. Customer demand for small vehicles continues to grow globally, and Fiesta is an important part of our portfolio."
      We have two things to say. One, Ford STOP BEING SO CAGEY AND JUST TELL US IF THE FIESTA IS COMING OR GOING! Two, if you have been considering a Fiesta ST, you might want to consider picking one up ASAP.
      Source: CarBuzz, Autoblog

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Those who were hoping for a return performance of the Ford Fiesta ST will be disappointed to hear this news. According to CarBuzz, the director of Ford Performance of Europe, Leo Roeks said there isn't enough interest to bring the new model over.
      “It’s simply a matter of a lack of interest in the B-segment in America. It doesn’t make sense, nor is it possible financially speaking, to import a single trim level, and a niche one at that,” Roeks said.
      This news isn't that all surprising. Subcompacts have been seeing their sales drop for the past two years, and 2017 isn't looking much better. The Fiesta was one of the hardest hit models, seeing a decline of 24.3 percent in 2016. As we reported in the rumorpile back in July , Ford was considering cutting the Fiesta in either late 2018 or 2019. This was further bolstered by comments made Fiesta program manager Robert Stiller.
      When reached for comment by Autoblog, Ford issued this statement,
      "We have introduced the next-generation Fiesta for Europe and Middle East & Africa. We'll have more to say about other markets at a later date. Customer demand for small vehicles continues to grow globally, and Fiesta is an important part of our portfolio."
      We have two things to say. One, Ford STOP BEING SO CAGEY AND JUST TELL US IF THE FIESTA IS COMING OR GOING! Two, if you have been considering a Fiesta ST, you might want to consider picking one up ASAP.
      Source: CarBuzz, Autoblog
    • By William Maley
      After years of saying they would produce an electric vehicle and not following through, it seems Infiniti will finally launch one.
      Speaking with Autocar, Infiniti Executive Design Director Alfonsa Albaisa said the brand would be launching a performance electric vehicle in 2019. The model will be previewed by a concept next year at the Detroit Auto Show. Albaisa said it would not be a derivative of an existing model and will be underpinned by a new platform. The most interesting bit about the vehicle is that it will feature some of the design cues from the Prototype 9 that debuted at Pebble Beach last month. Albaisa said that we would see “parts of the car in a difference context” on the Detroit concept.
      Infiniti has teased us before with electric concepts. In 2012 at the New York Auto Show, the company introduced the LE sedan concept. Using the running gear from the Leaf EV, Infiniti said a production model would arrive in 2014. However, plans would be pushed back in 2013 and then put on hold in 2015. 
      Source: Autocar

View full article
    • By William Maley
      After years of saying they would produce an electric vehicle and not following through, it seems Infiniti will finally launch one.
      Speaking with Autocar, Infiniti Executive Design Director Alfonsa Albaisa said the brand would be launching a performance electric vehicle in 2019. The model will be previewed by a concept next year at the Detroit Auto Show. Albaisa said it would not be a derivative of an existing model and will be underpinned by a new platform. The most interesting bit about the vehicle is that it will feature some of the design cues from the Prototype 9 that debuted at Pebble Beach last month. Albaisa said that we would see “parts of the car in a difference context” on the Detroit concept.
      Infiniti has teased us before with electric concepts. In 2012 at the New York Auto Show, the company introduced the LE sedan concept. Using the running gear from the Leaf EV, Infiniti said a production model would arrive in 2014. However, plans would be pushed back in 2013 and then put on hold in 2015. 
      Source: Autocar
    • By William Maley
      Ford will be temporarily shutting down production lines at five of their North American plants to help cut down on the inventory of slow-selling models.
      According to Automotive News, Ford will be shutting down both of their plants in Mexico. The Cuautitlan assembly plant, which is home to the Fiesta will be down for three weeks. Hermosillo which builds the Fusion and Lincoln MKZ will take a two-week break. In the U.S., Flat Rock (Mustang and Continental) and the Transit production line at Kansas City will also be down for two weeks. Michigan Assembly in Wayne will be down for just a week. It is unknown when the shut downs will begin.
      "We are continuing to match production with customer demand, as we always do, and we are on track for our dealer inventories to remain at planned levels by year-end," a Ford spokeswoman said in an email.
      At the start of this month, Ford had an 87-day supply of Fusions, 103-day supply of Transits, 111-day supply of Mustangs, and a 162-day supply of Continentals. Automakers try to shoot for a 65 to 70-day supply of vehicles.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required), Reuters

View full article
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)