William Maley

Ford News: Everyone Take A Breath, Next Ford Bronco Will Not Be A Reworked Everest

It was an exciting day when Ford announced that the Ranger and Bronco would be coming back. But then disappointment arrived as an alleged Ford employee said on Reddit that the Bronco would be a slightly re-worked Everest SUV (cue sad trombone). A Ford executive has cleared the air somewhat on the Bronco, and it is good news.

Ford's Chief Technical Officer Raj Nair told Autoline in an interview that while the Bronco would be based on the Ranger/Everest platform, it would be its own vehicle.

“No, it’s a separate vehicle. It will be an incremental vehicle from the Everest. The Everest kind of serves a lot of off-road capability; maybe the space of the Explorer serves here in the U.S., but with a body-on-frame construction with a lot more off-road capability for the rest of the world. This Bronco is completely unique from that Everest. It is body-on-frame and so again, focusing on that off-road capability.”

Nair also revealed that the Bronco would be somewhere in between the small Bronco (1966-1977) and big Bronco (1992-1996).

“This new Bronco will be based off the Ranger platform and so it’s going to be a similarly sized vehicle to what you see in the Ranger. Now, for our American customers who have never seen that global Ranger, it’s a bit bigger than the Ranger we used to have here in the U.S., so I would say it’s kind of in-between in what you saw with that really big Bronco and then the smaller Bronco,” said Nair.

So everyone, take a deep breath. It seems that it is going to be ok.

Source: Autoline

View full article

Just the fact that it is body on frame is good enough for me.  And actually, a drastically updated Everest to current Ford US standards wouldn't be a bad thing. 

I recently had a Toyota 4Runner as a rental and that vehicle really surprised me for how great it rides on the road, I would consider it the gold standard for this particular niche. 

2 minutes ago, Stew said:

I can't wait to see it.  I am guessing it will be 4 door only?

I think we're down to a single 2-door crossover these days?  The Range Rover Evoq is it I think. 

I doubt that number will increase at all. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I think we're down to a single 2-door crossover these days?  The Range Rover Evoq is it I think. 

I doubt that number will increase at all. 

What I am thinking.  Would be cool if they at least found a way to hide the rear doors. 

4 minutes ago, Stew said:

What I am thinking.  Would be cool if they at least found a way to hide the rear doors. 

4027f02795cece55b4e7218d05ad93aa.jpg.bd9

FJ Cruiser style.... Not bad... would drive.

4 minutes ago, Stew said:

Doh!  I forgot about the Wrangler.... but that is much smaller than what the Bronco will be. 

5 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Just the fact that it is body on frame is good enough for me.  And actually, a drastically updated Everest to current Ford US standards wouldn't be a bad thing. 

I recently had a Toyota 4Runner as a rental and that vehicle really surprised me for how great it rides on the road, I would consider it the gold standard for this particular niche. 

Truth there....and a good point. Hope they can spice it up a bit too....

I would love for GM to bring this back in a modern version. I always loved the Yukon GT model.

1994GMC-Yukon-GT.jpg

Ah yes!

The Ford Bronco.

Memories were made from these...

A STOLEN NIGHT sure is right Mr. Martin.

gettyimages-539886850_master.jpg

Maybe a new crop of NFLers could murder their wives and lead the LAPD on a parade driving off in a new generation real macho man BOF Bronco.

Kicking off another SUV craze...killing (pun intended) off desires for cutesy CUVs that barely have enough grip to climb Costco's parking lot....

If Im gonna do a 2 door BOF SUV (excluding a Jeep CJ)...Ill do it straight from the 1970s. FULLSIZED!

K5 Blazer/Jimmy complete with the two-tone body  colour.

c7be697d97bf934304c013f838a5fb55.jpg

In the fullsized category.

My dream lifted pick-up truck.

3a7d0711620cf21e881700617781cf34.jpg

My dream muscle truck

lil-red-express-truck.jpg

My dream SUV

4b0ab52d317b8f2ccb76c7d6863646b7.jpg

Bring back disco.

Bring back KISS.

Bring back the good ol days.

Lets make America Great Again!

They had better do something along the lines of the concept or something even better or they will have a lot of disappointed people. The media has been using the concept photos so much that it has planted expectations.

I really hope GMC will follow through with the idea of a Wrangler like vehicle. It would really be a benefit for the GMC line and it would do well. It would need to be a 2 and 4 door along with a open top.

Just remember how many Chevy Trackers sold and it was crap. make something a little better and interesting it would do so well. This would be the anti cross over, cross over.

56 minutes ago, hyperv6 said:

They had better do something along the lines of the concept or something even better or they will have a lot of disappointed people. The media has been using the concept photos so much that it has planted expectations.

I really hope GMC will follow through with the idea of a Wrangler like vehicle. It would really be a benefit for the GMC line and it would do well. It would need to be a 2 and 4 door along with a open top.

Just remember how many Chevy Trackers sold and it was crap. make something a little better and interesting it would do so well. This would be the anti cross over, cross over.

I never understood the allure of the Tracker, but they sold so many of them.  There are hardly any left here in Pittsburgh, they've all returned to their original iron oxide form.  I just wonder why no company has picked up the mantle of vehicles like this except for the Wrangler (which also sells extremely well for what is essentially a brand new 1978 model.)

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I never understood the allure of the Tracker, but they sold so many of them.  There are hardly any left here in Pittsburgh, they've all returned to their original iron oxide form.  I just wonder why no company has picked up the mantle of vehicles like this except for the Wrangler (which also sells extremely well for what is essentially a brand new 1978 model.)

While the bodies died the vehicles carry on as tough truck competitors or even just mud and rock crawlers. I have a ton of customers with them. Not pretty but still running hard.

I due have a buddy who inherited his fathers Samurai. The Suzuki version. It may be the only original rust free example in the mid west. It has never seen snow and little rain. He is not a fan but it was his fathers pride and joy so he hangs on to it. He may end up with a rare vehicle.

He has turned down some major offers for it.

A former employee of mine still has his Suzuki Sidekick. The kid bought it 3-4 years ago. It was his first vehicle. Its a 1993 model if Im not mistaken. Its slightly lifted. Its full of rust. Its seen mud runs and snow capades. Sure it looks dinky compared to lifted Jeep Wranglers and especially lifted full blown off roaded Raptors, but dont kid yourself, those little SUVs were the real deal.

They do have a cult following.

I love them myself.

Im not a modern soccer mom CUV type guy, but real deal off road SUVs, small, medium or fullsized I like a lot.

Edited by oldshurst442

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Since becoming the CEO of Ford, Jim Hackett, and his management staff has had a difficult time of convincing folks about the ambitious restructuring plan that will see the lineup become more dependent on crossover and trucks, and job cuts. One group that has been quite worried about the plan are dealers.
      "There's been a lot less exposure to senior management. There's just not enough information flowing down to dealers about where the company's headed," said Jack Madden, owner of Jack Madden Ford to Automotive News.
      Ford is hoping to ease dealers later this week at the company's national dealer meeting in Las Vegas. Aside from seeing a number of new products, including the next-generation Escape and Explorer, Hackett and his team will be taking questions from dealers about the future direction of the company. 
      "It's the right medicine at the right time," Rhett Ricart, CEO of Ricart Automotive Group in Groveport, Ohio.
      "I think it will be a huge jolt for dealers' attitudes."
      Dealers aren't the only group who are wanting more information. Ford's 70,000 salaried workers around the world have been told that the $11 billion restructuring plan will include job cuts, but not providing any specifics on numbers or how or when the cuts will take place. The cuts were announced in a video message sent to employees.
      "In Ford's history, we have streamlined organizations but we rarely removed work, causing each team member to have to do more with less," Hackett said in the video, according to a transcript Ford provided to AN. Employees were told the upcoming changes would be made using "a cascading process that will involve many of you" and that they will work to eliminate "low-value" tasks. 
      "While redesigning the organization is important and it's necessary work, it's not going to be easy. But it is fundamental to us becoming the business we need to be," said Hackett.
      Ford say the message wasn't about job cuts and "said employees have appreciated the way it is handling the news." But AN reports that some employees became confused with the message being provided. Some experts say giving employees information about impending job cuts early on allows for more preparation and gives more time to look for another job. But some point out the way Ford announced the move could actually damage morale. 
      "In an absence of any information, it's stressful. People are going to be looking for more direction from the company," explained Carol Olsby, a human-resources consultant and author.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Since becoming the CEO of Ford, Jim Hackett, and his management staff has had a difficult time of convincing folks about the ambitious restructuring plan that will see the lineup become more dependent on crossover and trucks, and job cuts. One group that has been quite worried about the plan are dealers.
      "There's been a lot less exposure to senior management. There's just not enough information flowing down to dealers about where the company's headed," said Jack Madden, owner of Jack Madden Ford to Automotive News.
      Ford is hoping to ease dealers later this week at the company's national dealer meeting in Las Vegas. Aside from seeing a number of new products, including the next-generation Escape and Explorer, Hackett and his team will be taking questions from dealers about the future direction of the company. 
      "It's the right medicine at the right time," Rhett Ricart, CEO of Ricart Automotive Group in Groveport, Ohio.
      "I think it will be a huge jolt for dealers' attitudes."
      Dealers aren't the only group who are wanting more information. Ford's 70,000 salaried workers around the world have been told that the $11 billion restructuring plan will include job cuts, but not providing any specifics on numbers or how or when the cuts will take place. The cuts were announced in a video message sent to employees.
      "In Ford's history, we have streamlined organizations but we rarely removed work, causing each team member to have to do more with less," Hackett said in the video, according to a transcript Ford provided to AN. Employees were told the upcoming changes would be made using "a cascading process that will involve many of you" and that they will work to eliminate "low-value" tasks. 
      "While redesigning the organization is important and it's necessary work, it's not going to be easy. But it is fundamental to us becoming the business we need to be," said Hackett.
      Ford say the message wasn't about job cuts and "said employees have appreciated the way it is handling the news." But AN reports that some employees became confused with the message being provided. Some experts say giving employees information about impending job cuts early on allows for more preparation and gives more time to look for another job. But some point out the way Ford announced the move could actually damage morale. 
      "In an absence of any information, it's stressful. People are going to be looking for more direction from the company," explained Carol Olsby, a human-resources consultant and author.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)
    • By William Maley
      Care By Volvo was one of the first new car subscription services to launch. It offered a buyer an XC40 with a yearly allowance of 15,000 miles; maintenance, insurance, and a concierge service for either $600 or $700 per month for 24 months. But the service had some hiccups with various issues dealing with paperwork and not hearing back from dealers. 
      "The process was very, very stretched. We have learned that the process needs to be smoother, and also the process related to insurance and all the rules in all the states in this beautiful country ... we have learned a lot," said Volvo's North American CEO, Anders Gustafsson to Roadshow.
      A key example is having a larger stockpile of vehicles allocated for subscribers. The entire Care by Volvo allotment of XC40s sold out in four months, causing Volvo to push deliveries of new XC40s through the service till next year. Gustafsson admits Care By Volvo is "far away from where we would like to be." But he believes the S60, the next vehicle to be offered through the service will be much smoother.
      Roadshow also asked Gustafsson what's next for Care By Volvo. He revealed that it could be used cars.
      A used-car subscription service "is probably 50 percent of the questions that we receive from our customers and from our retailers," said Gustafsson.
      As for when something like this could appear, Gustafsson said it could happen within a year.
      Source: Roadshow

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Care By Volvo was one of the first new car subscription services to launch. It offered a buyer an XC40 with a yearly allowance of 15,000 miles; maintenance, insurance, and a concierge service for either $600 or $700 per month for 24 months. But the service had some hiccups with various issues dealing with paperwork and not hearing back from dealers. 
      "The process was very, very stretched. We have learned that the process needs to be smoother, and also the process related to insurance and all the rules in all the states in this beautiful country ... we have learned a lot," said Volvo's North American CEO, Anders Gustafsson to Roadshow.
      A key example is having a larger stockpile of vehicles allocated for subscribers. The entire Care by Volvo allotment of XC40s sold out in four months, causing Volvo to push deliveries of new XC40s through the service till next year. Gustafsson admits Care By Volvo is "far away from where we would like to be." But he believes the S60, the next vehicle to be offered through the service will be much smoother.
      Roadshow also asked Gustafsson what's next for Care By Volvo. He revealed that it could be used cars.
      A used-car subscription service "is probably 50 percent of the questions that we receive from our customers and from our retailers," said Gustafsson.
      As for when something like this could appear, Gustafsson said it could happen within a year.
      Source: Roadshow
    • By dfelt
      According to the press release by Ford Motor Company, on September 27th 2018 Bill Ford Executive Chairman of Ford addressed everyone at the Rouge Plant talking about the rich history, his great-grandfather's vision, the changes from auto production to WWI and WWII production in support of the US. The dream of a living wage for it's workers and the modernization to being one of the greenest manufacturing plants in the world with a living roof, recycling that allows it to recycle enough aluminum to create an additional 400,000 F150 pickup trucks to the most modernized assembly lines that builds an F150 pickup truck that roles off the assembly line every 53 seconds.
      Bill Ford went onto  talk about the dynamic nature of the auto industry and the rapid change that is changing the business from how they design, market and build an auto. He went on to say that we the people of Ford invented it, Rouge perfected it and together we will take it even further into the future.
      To quote Bill Ford: That’s why I am excited to confirm that the revolutionary 2020 Ford F-150 Hybrid will be built right here. It’s going to be a truck that takes you farther without sacrificing power and a truck that helps you do more when you get there, with electricity for everything from your tools to your camping gear. And then we’ll keep innovating. When it comes to building the best trucks in the world, we never rest. Whether they’re gas, diesel, hybrid – or when the time comes, fully electric – we will ensure they power the world in a sustainable way and remain Built Ford Tough. Whatever future our employees dream up and design, one thing will remain a constant: we’ll build it at the Rouge.
      He closes that they just finished an incredible 100 years and here is to the next 100 years at Rouge!
      Ford Media Announcement

• My Clubs