Chevrolet News:2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 To Begin At $40,995

It is a good time if you happen to be interested in off-road pickups. The Ford F-150 Raptor, Ram Power Wagon, and Toyota's TRD Pro lineup offer their unique take. Soon, the 2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 will have its own take for your consideration.

Today, Chevrolet revealed the base price of the Colorado ZR2 which begins at $40,995 (includes a $940 destination charge). That will net you the extended cab model with the 3.6L V6. Chevrolet isn't talking pricing for the crew cab or the option of the 2.8L Duramax Turbodiesel. This price undercuts the base Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro by $705.

The list of standard equipment is quite extensive with front and rear locking electronic diffs, DSSV dampers, a 2-inch suspension lift, new bumpers, spray-in bedliner, 31-inch Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires, aluminum skid plate, six-speaker audio system, 8-inch touchscreen with Chevrolet MyLink, and wireless phone charging.

Source: Chevrolet
Press Release is on Page 2

CHEVROLET ANNOUNCES 2017 COLORADO ZR2 PRICING STARTING AT $40,995

• Chevy’s all-new off-road performance truck will be priced more competitively and have better standard equipment than the nearest comparable vehicles

DETROIT — After revitalizing an entire truck market segment with the launch of the Chevy Colorado, Chevrolet continues to innovate in the midsize pickup segment. The high-performance, off-road ZR2 trim level will launch this spring for the 2017 model year with a starting price of $40,995 MSRP including a $940 destination fee.

“ZR2 is truly a segment of one and does everything well — from traversing heavy two-track trails to high-speed desert running and full-on rock crawling. We’re thrilled to be able to offer it for more than $2,500 less than the next closest comparable vehicles. Taken in the context of serious off-roading, $2,000 will buy you 50 years of annual passes to Arches National Park in Moab, Utah,” said Sandor Piszar, Chevrolet Trucks marketing director.

“Some vehicles that customers might cross-shop with ZR2 can spec out as much as $26,000 more than our truck — or the price of a well-equipped 2017 Colorado. When you buy a ZR2 at the starting price of $40,995, you are getting all of the significant off-road technologies standard with the vehicle, as well as an eight-speed automatic transmission and a wealth of other features at no additional cost.”

Available options on the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 will include:

• Class-exclusive 2.8L Duramax Turbo-Diesel engine, paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, capable of 186 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque
  • Choice of crew- or extended cab configurations (including short and long beds, respectively)
  • 7-speaker Bose premium audio system
  • Dealer-installed, bed-mounted spare tire carrier
  • Full-length black vinyl floor (no additional cost — standard interior features leather seats and carpet)

The ZR2’s starting MSRP includes a number of key standard features unique to the trim level, such as:

• Class-exclusive front and rear locking electronic differentials
  • Revolutionary, segment-exclusive Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve (DSSVTM) dampers
  • Off-road rocker protection
  • Modified front and rear bumpers for better off-road obstacle clearance
  • Exclusive ZR2 17 x 8-inch aluminum alloy wheels
  • 31-inch Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac off-road tires
  • New cast-iron control arms
  • An aluminum skidplate that protects the radiator and engine oil pan
  • Autotrac transfer case
  • Transfer case shield
  • Aggressive grille and hood combo unique to ZR2
  • Modified rear axle with a 3.42 ratio
  • Front and rear tracks widened 3.5 inches over a standard Colorado
  • Suspension lifted 2 inches over a standard Colorado
  • Off-Road Mode Technology
  • 4-wheel disc brakes

Other standard features include:

• Tow/haul mode
  • Trailering Package, including trailer hitch and 7-pin connector
  • Integrated trailer brake controller
  • Spray-on bedliner
  • Heated driver and passenger front seats
  • Wireless phone charging
  • Rear sliding window
  • EZ Lift and Lower tailgate
  • Locking tailgate
  • Recovery hooks
  • A six-speaker audio system with Chevrolet MyLink Radio with Navigation and an 8-inch diagonal color touchscreen, AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan and a digital clock, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones, voice-activated technology for radio and phone featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability as well as an auxiliary jack
  • All-terrain spare tire with unique ZR2 wheel
  • Four USB ports: one on the instrument panel, one in the center console and two in the rear of the center console
  • Electronic automatic cruise control
  • Rear window electric defogger
  • OnStar 4G LTE with built-in Wi-Fi
  • Rear Vision Camera
  • Remote keyless entry
  • Remote vehicle starter system
  • 4-way power front driver and passenger seat adjuster with power driver lumbar control
  • Rear seats with underseat storage

Standard powertrain is the 3.6L DI DOHC V6 with a class-leading 308 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque that is shared with other Colorado models.

The ZR2 is available only as a four-wheel-drive vehicle.

The 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 goes on sale this spring.

View full article

Hmmm!

With a crew cab and a little off sticker with my GM money on the GM card I might actually may consider this.

I had not expected it this low price. I expected loaded up $48K and saw even Motor Trend or one of the magazine estimated starting price would be $42K

the only option I would want is the upgrade on the stereo as the rest of the things I want are standard.

Um hum.  Amazing price for the capability.  As I figured undercuts he larger Raptor by roughly 10 grand (with the locking front while the Raptor only offers an LSD front and it is an option) and even undercuts the TRD Pro.  Very impressed.  I WILL have one of these even if I have to wait a few years for a used one.  

"Yeah when I was thinking 48k I was thinking only if the diesel and crew cab. Eliminate those two options and it would be more like 43k. So those are my two numbers. 

Single cab, 3.6 = 43k

crew cab. 2.8 = 48k"

https://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/topic/87730-2017-chevrolet-colorado-looks-to-give-toyotas-tacoma-trd-pro-a-run-for-the-money-comments/#comment-801989

Dingo.PNG

6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I remember reading about that '17 4x4. The numbers made it look like a ringer because they didn't make sense how quick that truck was.

I'll eat my crow when I hear about the 2.8's starting price.. anybody have a link to that old thread???

Just as a guess i am going to throw a 5k premium for the crew/diesel combo. 

I might be able to shine some light on the Duramax diesel option. This is from Autoblog,

You might wonder what adding the Duramax diesel inline-four will do to the bottom line. The short answer is around $3,980 – the same as the basic step-up from the 3.6-liter V6 in the non-ZR2 Colorados to a Duramax. The longer answer involved a quick chat with a Chevrolet spokesperson, who told us that choosing the Duramax in the ZR2 may come bundled with some other features, so the real-world price for the diesel may be slightly higher. Whether the Duramax's ample torque and economy are worth the step-up in price will be up to the buyer.

It's just a sweet package and I can testify that I still see way more old-gen ZR2 pickups and Blazers on the road than lesser T-trucks... that stronger running gear and ready look transform them into trucks that ppl love to hold on to.

3 hours ago, Frisky Dingo said:

I think some people on here better enjoy that crow they're eating right now!!!

Oh, and SO MUCH EFFING WANT!!!!

I was wrong and I with pleasure will say I was about 8 grand off. 

Now you be honest and admit it is even cheaper fully loaded than you even expected. I just saw a magazine that predicted base price of $42K so there is a lot of people who never expected it. 

1 hour ago, Frisky Dingo said:

So my worst-case-scenario price was still conservative.

Sorry I missed this you want a piece of crow too. There is enough for all of us.LOL!

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

"Yeah when I was thinking 48k I was thinking only if the diesel and crew cab. Eliminate those two options and it would be more like 43k. So those are my two numbers. 

Single cab, 3.6 = 43k

crew cab. 2.8 = 48k"

https://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/topic/87730-2017-chevrolet-colorado-looks-to-give-toyotas-tacoma-trd-pro-a-run-for-the-money-comments/#comment-801989

Dingo.PNG

I figured around $44.999 as base on the crew and then the options would take it to around $47-48K. The Diesel I expected $49-50K. I did not ever see it coming in loaded at $40K. 

Looking at the list there is really nothing to add but the Bose radio. I would not want plastic floor liners and I would skip the bed spare. It looks neat but I am not removing it every-time I want to haul something. 

Now the question is will they add more power with the Camaro engine? It would appear as a natural addition at some point. Not everyone wants a Diesel. 

Now I just need to sell the HHR and talk the wife into it. 

To be honest the HHR will help as my buddy just sold his for $10K and made money on it from what he paid 2 years ago. It has more miles and more stone chips. Mine is nearly show room clean. I should get s decent price out of it. 

I am excited. I just hope I can work all this out once they get more on dealer lots. I will not go get one and pay sticker or anything close to sticker. If needed I will wait it out a bit and also I have a ton of GM card money. I will wait for double value offerings. 

Edited by hyperv6
  • Agree 1

Talked to the wife and she is all good on this. Now I just need to wait for supplies to come up to where they will deal. 

I have the luxury that I do not need to have it right now and I refuse to pay the price just to be an early buyer.

it has been a while since I have been excited about a vehicle.

i had considered a Camaro but I would never want to take it in the salt or get stone chips. Though it would be a blast on snow. I miss my olds car days with posi. 

With this it is a truck. Drive it.

• Agree 2

The order info is due March 16th. 

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2017&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=1&vehicleID=20604&type=0

Might not show much since most is standard but we get a few more details. 

I also need to make sure it will fit in the door to the Garage. I have 14 foot ceilings but a standard doors, It should my father inlaws Z71 fits fine. 

Well isn't that freakin' exciting!?!?

I anticipate it may be 8 months before they start to come off sticker price. It will be a long wait as they will not even hit dealers till May.

But I refuse to pay sticker.

I will play all my options and hope to get the payment down pretty good.

I just need to get the HHR sold but with only 48K miles and in show like condition I should do ok on it. Most  of them out there today are over 100K miles and many even with lower miles were rode hard and put away wet.

I love driving the SS but the Z is the first thing as a daily driver that really has captured my attention. I am using the Malibu as a daily driver now but that will go to my son to get him to a Job he will need to get in the coming year. I though about putting him in the SS but the Insurance would be crazy. Also no 16 year old needs a 160 MPH 4 cylinder FWD.

I remember all that I did at that age. It is amazing I am still here in spite of it all.

By all rights my buddy and I should not be here. The real scary part now is he has an airplane and we take to the skys.

At least we do not do anything stupid now but like I told him we really should not be up here with all we have done. LOL!  It does make it nice to fly to a race and come home in a half hour vs. 3 hours.

That seems about right unless they force you into an option or two with the diesel engine which could drive it up a tad more but 5k seems about right.

It comes surprisingly well equipped for the base ZR2.  Funn story, friend was trying to tell me they had already ordered a Colorado ZR2 yesterday.  No doubt it is vaporware like his CHarger, Genesis coupe, and turbo Jetta yet all he is ever in is his old late 90s Camry.   Hmmmmm......

18 minutes ago, Stew said:

It comes surprisingly well equipped for the base ZR2.  Funn story, friend was trying to tell me they had already ordered a Colorado ZR2 yesterday.  No doubt it is vaporware like his CHarger, Genesis coupe, and turbo Jetta yet all he is ever in is his old late 90s Camry.   Hmmmmm......

LOL those people annoy the hell out of me until I am used to them.. then I just find that shet hilarious. People that are just ALWAYS full of shet.

6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

LOL those people annoy the hell out of me until I am used to them.. then I just find that shet hilarious. People that are just ALWAYS full of shet.

Drives me freaking nuts and way too many around here.  I think I am going to start telling people I already got a ZR2, one of the test mules, a know, the ones that are normally crushed haha. 

1 hour ago, hyperv6 said:

I anticipate it may be 8 months before they start to come off sticker price. It will be a long wait as they will not even hit dealers till May.

But I refuse to pay sticker.

I will play all my options and hope to get the payment down pretty good.

I just need to get the HHR sold but with only 48K miles and in show like condition I should do ok on it. Most  of them out there today are over 100K miles and many even with lower miles were rode hard and put away wet.

I love driving the SS but the Z is the first thing as a daily driver that really has captured my attention. I am using the Malibu as a daily driver now but that will go to my son to get him to a Job he will need to get in the coming year. I though about putting him in the SS but the Insurance would be crazy. Also no 16 year old needs a 160 MPH 4 cylinder FWD.

I remember all that I did at that age. It is amazing I am still here in spite of it all.

By all rights my buddy and I should not be here. The real scary part now is he has an airplane and we take to the skys.

At least we do not do anything stupid now but like I told him we really should not be up here with all we have done. LOL!  It does make it nice to fly to a race and come home in a half hour vs. 3 hours.

Why would you refuse to pay sticker?

Colorados don't have incentives anyway, and there's only about $1,500 of markup in a loaded Colorado.

1 hour ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Why would you refuse to pay sticker?

Colorados don't have incentives anyway, and there's only about $1,500 of markup in a loaded Colorado.

Because I am not an idiot.

Yes there is a mark up but dealers also earn discounts and they also get hold back fees that they can pass along.

I have generally gotten $4K - $8K off by the dealer and then use my GM money from my GM car to get $1K to 2K off depending on what deals they offer.

Anyone who pays sticker or close to sticker is leaving money on the table. The trick is to do your research into what the prices are and what people are paying. Then you have an idea of what they paid or close to it. Then add a little so they make some money.

These ads where they say oh you only pay x% over invoice is a big scam as with their many other incentives from GM that go unadvertised is profits to them and money they can use to deal if they chose.

My best deal was on a GTP Comp G Grand Prix in 2004. We got a $32K Stickered GTP for $24K and then got $2K off on the GM card. The SS It stickered at $28K and I got them to $21,750 Including $1K from GM card. I did that deal at work on the internet. It is a nice way to deal as there is no pressure and no BS.

The Terrain we got $5K off sticker. The Malibu was $28K and we got it for right at $20K with incentives and GM card money.

My Sonoma I got $7K off sticker with no GM card money as that was not offered.

There is an art to the deal and so many people fail to take advantage of it. I have a guy here at work and he used to sell cars for 25 years. The scams are thick and heavy.

The keys are to be informed and know your numbers in your head.

Know what you want before you ever go to make a deal.

Wait for times of the year when incentives come into play. Trucks tend to see incentives in the show season now and into spring also in the fall. GM had Truck month every year for a good while in Nov.

Never buy on emotion. They will play you psychologically to get you involved emotionally to the car sitting in front of you. They will like to get you thinking not to let this one get away, Though the MFG is making more everyday.

Go in and act like you do not know anything about the car so you can test the salesman to see if he knows anything.

If you can deal with a manager do so it kills the back and fourth on price and the games. The Terrain I bought this way and he beat my price on the first attempt and he even included the tax and title in the price.

If you have a trade do no show it till you are done making a deal on the new car. Even if you need to go get the car hold it back so they do not factor it into the price of the new car.

Avoid the BS they try to tag on to the sale like paint sealers and other bolt on Options. You can buy them cheaper at Summit Racing and the sealants are bogus as is the Nitrogen in the tires.

I hate and love making car deals. I have worked with some great sales people and I have walked out on many poor sales people. You bait and switch me or you BS me I walk. With the web I have so many dealers available it is easy to get a car anywhere and if they do not have it you can order or do a Dealer Trade.

Once the deal is made it smells like victory. Smokem if you got em!

I hope to work with a local dealer but I will go out of my region if someone will cut me a deal. I have done it before and will do it again if the price is right.

FYI my buddy just bought his Colorado and did much better than $1500. He got a good deal.

Note the more options you get and the more expensive the truck the more you can get off and they will make the same on it as the cheap truck they do little to discount. Each option added is a potential discounted amount. Some dealers will work from the cost of the option and mark it up just a few bucks on each one. Generally it is well below the price on the sticker for the option.

• Agree 1