Totalled Lucernes

Awww c'mon!!! I am willing to give up my 92 Century to get totalled if I can just have a nice new Lucerne. I'll baby it! It's so unfair! lol

Just goes to show that real estate is a better investment than cars. Cars are, in essence, so fragile. You never know, so keep them as long as you can. I am nervous with real new sheetmetal ...parking it, leaving it out in the elements, etc.

I say this on my car's 14th birthday. Today, May 16-2006, my 92 Regal is 14 years old and has 224,413 miles. And it has one minor crease in the rear bumper. I should kiss the ground.

267 miles? That's three days of driving back and forth to work for my father. Poor things, they were just babies.

267 miles? That's three days of driving back and forth to work for my father. Poor things, they were just babies.

267 miles? That's a rather crappy lifetime for a 3800. It should go like 100,000 times father than that! :lol:

That's terrible!

The Lucerne is the first Buick in approximately 20 years that I would want as my own car!

No, 250,000 miles more than that!  Easy.

I bet you the 3800 still runs better after the accident than some modern engines.

Those 3800s are indestructable! My aunt's 1992 Park Avenue got in a crash with a Ford Excursion and the Park Ave still ran. No work was done on the engine except for actually putting it back into the engine bay after the front end was redone. Ran just as strong as before the accident.

they dont make em like that any more...

i remeber i took one of my old toyota pickups and got a nice jump out of it... probably got 5 feet of air, pretty fun and scary at the same time... (didnt mean to do it) and part of the damn radiator fell out of the truck

At least you can go out and buy another BRAND new one.

That 1973? Porsche 911 form the other post and the 1961

Cadillac from my old thread are not exactly in production

any more.

About a month after the current gen. Hyundai Tiburaon

hit showrooms I saw one on the back of a wrecker in

pieces... litteraly. The guy had had time to install rims &

some cheesy body kit, and in short order ripped off 3

wheels and caved in the roof and every other body panel.

I'm not sure if he survived but it did not look promissing.

All right....I'm glad I drive my Impala AROUND things that are trying to hit me (as in every damn one else on the road) and haven't creased it yet. And my truck, welll.....its steel, lots and lots of it and if I hit something it WILL be harmed, no ifs ands or butts about it.