Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

March Car Spotting Thread

Saw a worn 90s 4th gen Camaro Z28 today with a chain connecting an oversized chrome tailpipe tip to a hole in the right rear taillight...weird.   Also saw a very clean two tone blue '90s GMC Sierra--what I noticed was a detail I forgot from the 90s--it said 'GMCtruck' on the rear badging, w/ 'truck' spelled out beside GMC....I forgot they did that, anyone remember what range of years GMC used badging like that? 

Saw a new dark red '17 Challenger GT in a parking lot this afternoon, first of these I've seen.  No AWD badging that I noticed.  Appropriately, it's cold and gray with light flurries...

Edit: apparently the color is called Octane Red Pearlcoat.  Nice dark red.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Saw a '90s Ford Ranger in teal today..what made it unusual is it looked like a low trim level with a step side style bed...never seen one like that, thought the faux step side bed was only used on the 'sporty' stripe packages like the Splash.

Wife asked me today 'Does mercedes have some sort of partnership with Tesla?' I told her no, none, why do you ask?
She said she saw a mercedes, a small hatchbacky thing, really clean, but the lettering across the back said "TESLA POWERED".

I assume it was one of those C230 shitboxes.

At the coffee shop this morning, I saw a guy at the grocery next door putting groceries in the trunk of his car..dude looked a bit like Clint Eastwood, in his 70s.  The car?  A bright green Challenger Hellcat.   Never too old to rock and roll. 

On 2017-03-18 at 5:51 PM, balthazar said:

Wife asked me today 'Does mercedes have some sort of partnership with Tesla?' I told her no, none, why do you ask?
She said she saw a mercedes, a small hatchbacky thing, really clean, but the lettering across the back said "TESLA POWERED".

I assume it was one of those C230 $h!boxes.

That got me thinking, so I googled "Tesla powered Mercedes Benz".

This is what got me postin' and linkin'

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/27/autos/mercedes-tesla-b-class-electric/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

http://jalopnik.com/the-tesla-powered-mercedes-b-class-is-coming-to-the-u-s-1569161110

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

BOLT's are on sale in Washington state. Saw my first one today. :D 

Excuse me you said you sawr your first one on March 18th in this very thread.   Radiation again?  Are you dreaming... or fibbing at us?  :o

6 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Excuse me you said you sawr your first one on March 18th in this very thread.   Radiation again?  Are you dreaming... or fibbing at us?  :o

LOL, too much wine, but saw another one today. :P 

Went with son to the ford dealer today and test drove both an xlt and sport edition of the Explorer. Sport is the only way to go. Way awesome over the xlt explorer.

Saw 2 Focus RS, one in racing blue and one in gray. Awesome auto's.

5 hours ago, ccap41 said:

All of these posts and @Drew Dowdell is the only one to post a pic??? 

I saw this thing this past week. Wtf is it? 

IMG_3703.JPG

Wheelchair accessible van...I've seen a few in AZ...can't recall the name of the company that builds them...pretty ugly. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

It uses a substantial amount of Econoline parts. It used the 4.6 liter V8, a Ford transmission. The dash cluster, center stack, and steering wheel are all Ford.

Cherry picking parts here and there do not qualify as being "based on the Econoline".

'Based on', IMO, means someone took an E-Series and modified it.
It appears the MV-1 (or whatever it's called) merely uses a number of components that the E-Series uses, but not the chassis or body. A clear distinction in my book; akin to a Shelby Cobra not being a 'Ford'.

2 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Yesh, I defer to that definition then.  I looked it up.  I thought the chassis itself was an Econoline frame with an MV-1 body... but apparently it's not. 

Nevertheless, it appears to be a very useful vehicle for its intended purpose.

14 hours ago, ccap41 said:

All of these posts and @Drew Dowdell is the only one to post a pic??? 

I saw this thing this past week. Wtf is it? 

IMG_3703.JPG

8 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Wheelchair accessible van...I've seen a few in AZ...can't recall the name of the company that builds them...pretty ugly. 

7 hours ago, ocnblu said:

LOL no they're not  http://www.mv-1.us/history

Yup, We discussed these vans back about 2 years ago when we were talking about handicap accessible auto's. MV-1 butt ugly but they do the job for those that have special needs.

Ocnblu hit it on the head.