Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Chinese Buick LaCrosse commercial.

GOOD GAUD! Why can't Buick have commercials like that in the US?

Commercials like that would appeal to the young & trendy along with the older sophisticated public. It feels youthful without being juvenile.

Awww... theirs is better :(

Edited by Paolino

That's a pretty cool commercial...that car is great. Such a nice interior...anyone else notice that the logo has colors in it still?

Yeah... they're still using the tri-colored logo as the "official logo" but Buick introduced the monochrome version (used in the US) to China last year. Let's see if it catches on. Buick Wallpaper for the Chinese New Year:

Posted Image

Holy effin $hit!!!

NOw THAT's a great looking LaCrosse, makes our look like

a bloated Kia. The Chinese get a stand up hood ornament

& Maybach style headlights? WTF?

I guess in the 2000s it pays to be communist.

Well... I think our USA spec. Lacrosse looks

like a 2002 Lexus GS300 mated with a Kia

of some sort.

As far as this ad it's addictive, very cool. 8)

Well... I think our USA spec. Lacrosse looks

like a 2002 Lexus GS300 mated with a Kia

of some sort.

As far as this ad it's addictive,  very cool. 8)

Yeah...that seems like the likey parents of our LaCrosse. The exterior of the Chinese one is alright...but it's the interior that I love.

Posted Image

I'm seriously surprised at how many people in this forum praise the exterior of the LaCrosse. The interior is very nice, I don't think anybody can deny that.

It just astounds me that anybody truly considers that stylish and the fact that some of you would like for it to replace the current LaCrosse even though its exterior is a lot more cookie-cutter and obvious relation to other car-makes than the curren LaCrosse.

I hope the next LaCrosse moves farther away from a boxy Maxima-looking shape and towards more elegance and smoother look like the Enclave. The Chinese LaCrosse and the Enclave are two seperate directions exteriorly.

Wonder if that's real wood?

I'm seriously surprised at how many people in this forum praise the exterior of the LaCrosse. The interior is very nice, I don't think anybody can deny that.

It just astounds me that anybody truly considers that stylish and the fact that some of you would like for it to replace the current LaCrosse even though its exterior is a lot more cookie-cutter and obvious relation to other car-makes than the curren LaCrosse.

I hope the next LaCrosse moves farther away from a boxy Maxima-looking shape and towards more elegance and smoother look like the Enclave. The Chinese LaCrosse and the Enclave are two seperate directions exteriorly.

The problem is, both designs are derivative. The Chinese Lacrosse looks like a Lexus and a Maybach got it on. The US Lacrosse looks like a lot of different 90's sedans had an orgy, and the Taurus kind of won. If I have to choose one derivative design over the other, I will choose the one which says luxury, as opposed to the one that says Taurus.

Agreed YD.

The Chinese LaCrosse looks like a ripoff of the current Altima

in profile but that's a lot better than our LaX. That Taurus

annalogy is both funny and saddly true. :lol::mellow:

I personally think the Chinese LaCrosse's exterior looks more like the Mercury Montego than anything else. That's not an insult either. I like the Montego and like the refresh so far.

My fondness for the exterior of Chinese Buicks comes from the hood ornaments. I've always liked them. I think they are distinguished. Hood ornaments can announce the maker of the vehicle with pride. Every vehicle in the line-up did not require to look identical in order to be identified. They just needed the same distinguished hood ornament to tell everyone who made it. The rest of the exterior was available to speak freely for the particular model you drove.

Do I expect Buick to bring the 'Winged-Shield' over to the US? No. But if Buick remains elegant and stately, the hood ornament would be very appropriate and I'd have no problem having it on my hood. As you can tell by my avatar, I'm quite fond of it. 8)

Bottomline, the Chinese's Lacrosse's interior is goregous, wand would do well here. It's styling and detail is different from the Enclave's, though. So, If the Enclave sets the tone for what we can expect for Buick interiors, I'm very excited. As far as the exterior, our's is way to bulbous. The Chinese's (though attractive) is to contrived for NA taste. I think Buicks should have curves, and be sexy yet understated, like the Enclave. It's a perfect yin to Caddy's precious "Art & Science" yang. That way, Caddy doesn't have it's toes stepped on. The commercial... AWESOME. The Lucerne's "heated washer fluid" commerical was the closest to that one I've seen, and the Chinese one still blows it away. Buick NA should be taking notes.

I think this is a great commercial. In fact, it really makes the u.s commercials seem rather sedate by comparison. It shows how GM is taking a flawed approach in marketing buick in the states. Gen X-ers like myself and the Y generation that follows are the clear key to its financial future. Buick seems so busy trying to market itself to 40-50 year olds in the u.s. that it alienates these two very lucrative markets. Meanwhile Toyota, who perpetually gains market share, has commercials that cater to the smart, young minded consumers who respond by keeping that blandmobile as the #1 seller. Its also as if they are completely ignoring the surge in sales that Cadillac has experienced in years of recent. The Escalade did for Cadillac what the Enclave can do for Buick. I just hope, no I pray they market it to a younger market. I mean c'mon, do you really think a 50 year old man could appreciate(and customize) one of those stunning Enclaves they way I--a 27 year old Buick fanatic--could???? I think not............. :ohyeah:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook