Quick Drive: Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4

On 3/22/2017 at 1:54 PM, dfelt said:

PASS, Hate the Predator look. But I raise you one sexy Silver Frost CTS-V Coupe! 

2013-cadillac-cts-v-coupe-silver-frost-edition-photo-501618-s-1280x782.jpg

This is so superior to Alfa! :metal: 

Loved mine.. Still can't figure why there isn't a 3rd Gen. Cadillac would have a second $100K from me in less than 1 year.. minus the trade in value of Rose of course 

On 3/20/2017 at 8:19 AM, Stew said:

And the one in the big test had no issues.  Again, first year models, any car suffer.  13 Escapes and Focuses suffered issue after issue and recall after recall, and yes, the Vette issue IS relevant because like the Alfa, it is low production.  And it is certainly comparable to the ATS which my brother's, BTW, started throwing codes again this weekend.  Of course it isn't a first year model and these kind of glitches should have been worked out at least before the 3rd model year.  Again, you can't damn one manufacturer and ignore the rest because it suits your needs at the time........

They suffered later in customers' hands not before they even leave the road testers' hands. 

I did see a blue quatrifugiloioiisels last week and I about $h! my pants. Beautiful car. 

On 3/22/2017 at 9:07 AM, surreal1272 said:

Of course not. I wouldn't want the bread to fall apart for no good reason lol!

:roflmao:

On 3/22/2017 at 1:09 PM, surreal1272 said:

GM needs to pull their heads out of their asses and build this already! Best looking Buick since the 80s GNX!

It's beautiful but who's buying this over a Camaro or Vette? Assuming it's another Alfa GM. 

On 3/22/2017 at 0:54 PM, dfelt said:

PASS, Hate the Predator look. But I raise you one sexy Silver Frost CTS-V Coupe! 

2013-cadillac-cts-v-coupe-silver-frost-edition-photo-501618-s-1280x782.jpg

This is so superior to Alfa! :metal: 

If there's one thing I think Cadillac can improve 100% on, it's turning a sedan into a coupe. Their coupes are atrocious to me but their sedans are sexy as F. 

8 hours ago, ccap41 said:

:roflmao:

It's beautiful but who's buying this over a Camaro or Vette? Assuming it's another Alfa GM. 

Regardless of the platform, it is a totally different look and with the GNX name on it, it would carry plenty of appeal with it as well. It could be done IMO but it's all moot at this point since GM currently has no interest in exploring that option. 

• Agree 1

On 3/26/2017 at 3:07 AM, ccap41 said:

They suffered later in customers' hands not before they even leave the road testers' hands. 

I did see a blue quatrifugiloioiisels last week and I about $h! my pants. Beautiful car. 

As did the Corvettes and apparently now GT350s......

On 3/26/2017 at 3:22 AM, ccap41 said:

If there's one thing I think Cadillac can improve 100% on, it's turning a sedan into a coupe. Their coupes are atrocious to me but their sedans are sexy as F. 

I think the got the ATS coupe perfect.  The problem with the CTS coupe was he ear overhang was way too shot and it made it look like a hatchback with the wrapover taillights. 

1 hour ago, Stew said:

As did the Corvettes and apparently now GT350s......

I think the got the ATS coupe perfect.  The problem with the CTS coupe was he ear overhang was way too shot and it made it look like a hatchback with the wrapover taillights. 

Fake news.

The GT350 aren't " suffering " in road testers hands like the aforementioned Alfa ( and Corvettes ) at, for example Motor Trend.

47 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Aren't they having overheating transmission issues though?

Yes. But Stew was painting an Alt Facts mural...

I have yet to hear of Road Test Editors/journalists at M/T, C/D etc etc having issue like they had with the latest Alfa and Corvettes.

Edited by FordCosworth

21 hours ago, FordCosworth said:

Yes. But Stew was painting an Alt Facts mural...

I have yet to hear of Road Test Editors/journalists at M/T, C/D etc etc having issue like they had with the latest Alfa and Corvettes.

No, my point had nothing to do with publications, my point was cars having issues in the public's hands.

54 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

Using false equivalencies to make a point doesn't help assist in making a point.

WTF are you going on about?  there was no "false equivalences).  CCap stated he public was having issues with the Alfa, i mentioned THE PUBLIC was also having issues with the Vette and GT350.  of course I mentioned Ford, LORD HELP US!!!!  You don't even like the mere mention of negativity on Ford's behalf so you try to turn things around put words in people's mouths to try and say they said something they didn't............

38 minutes ago, Stew said:

WTF are you going on about?  there was no "false equivalences).  CCap stated he public was having issues with the Alfa, i mentioned THE PUBLIC was also having issues with the Vette and GT350.  of course I mentioned Ford, LORD HELP US!!!!  You don't even like the mere mention of negativity on Ford's behalf so you try to turn things around put words in people's mouths to try and say they said something they didn't............

More often than not, the clarity of your posts/comments is atrocious. 

The Alfa had its problems with Motor Trend Editors.

Ccap mentions " They suffered later in customers' hands not before they even leave the road testers' hands. "

You reply with  " As did the Corvettes and apparently now GT350s...... " 

It is well know the Corvette, in both Z06 and base, had issues in the hands of Editors of both C&D and M/T. That is not the case with the GT350.

Can you not see the importance of clarity Stew?

11 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

More often than not, the clarity of your posts/comments is atrocious. 

The Alfa had its problems with Motor Trend Editors.

Ccap mentions " They suffered later in customers' hands not before they even leave the road testers' hands. "

You reply with  " As did the Corvettes and apparently now GT350s...... " 

It is well know the Corvette, in both Z06 and base, had issues in the hands of Editors of both C&D and M/T. That is not the case with the GT350.

Can you not see the importance of clarity Stew?

Since the latter had already been beat to death, my point was pretty clear.  I assumed you would be able to understand that, sorry I didn't spell it out with a ridiculously long and overbearing reply outlining every nuance of the reply and the specifics of the thought that led to the reply. 

1 minute ago, Stew said:

Since the latter had already been beat to death, my point was pretty clear.  I assumed you would be able to understand that, sorry I didn't spell it out with a ridiculously long and overbearing reply outlining every nuance of the reply and the specifics of the thought that led to the reply. 

Apology noted and accepted.

1 minute ago, FordCosworth said:

Apology noted and accepted.

Whatever floats your boat........

Also, i doubt any of the cars tracked by any mag didn't have the track package and most simply tracked GT350Rs so it is a moot point anyway. 

24 minutes ago, Stew said:

Also, i doubt any of the cars tracked by any mag didn't have the track package

That would only make sense.

Spend 50k on a car but skip the 6.5k track package when spending 1k on track days and be surprised when it doesn't perform exactly as expected...on a track... Isn't them offering a track package in which it adds cooling devises telling that if you're going to track the car, buy that?

I bet most, if not all, spent the 7.5k on the technology package though so they could have their infotainment screen "Sync" 'd to their phones while on track.

Edited by ccap41

2 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

That would only make sense.

Spend 50k on a car but skip the 6.5k track package when spending 1k on track days and be surprised when it doesn't perform exactly as expected...on a track... Isn't them offering a track package in which it adds cooling devises telling that if you're going to track the car, buy that?

That makes sense to me.  I do wonder why that stuff was standard in 16 though since they made it it standard in 17?  or did they just make the coolers standard while leaving the rest of the track package as an option?

7 minutes ago, Stew said:

That makes sense to me.  I do wonder why that stuff was standard in 16 though since they made it it standard in 17?  or did they just make the coolers standard while leaving the rest of the track package as an option?

On their website, building them, there is no Track Package option for the 2017's. So I will assume they added everything in the package and bumped the price up some because it is not 57k and it was like 48k in 2016(both base prices). But I also see the tech package is now "only" 3k compared to 7.5k. So they completely changed the packaging for 2017. It seems like they forced a lot of options on you and jacked the price up because of them. I'm not usually a huge fan of that. But I guess they "needed" to make the track package standard, because idiots.

I just realized this talk is still in an Alfa thread.. lol

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

On their website, building them, there is no Track Package option for the 2017's. So I will assume they added everything in the package and bumped the price up some because it is not 57k and it was like 48k in 2016(both base prices). But I also see the tech package is now "only" 3k compared to 7.5k. So they completely changed the packaging for 2017. It seems like they forced a lot of options on you and jacked the price up because of them. I'm not usually a huge fan of that. But I guess they "needed" to make the track package standard, because idiots.

Ahhh  it does seem they some nice upgrades to standard tech with the 17s.  Idiots are why there are do not drink warnings on shampoo remember haha. 

3 minutes ago, Stew said:

Ahhh  it does seem they some nice upgrades to standard tech with the 17s.  Idiots are why there are do not drink warnings on shampoo remember haha. 

Hahaha yeah that's true... People will sue for anything.

About the overheating issues.. I'd like to see how Ford actually worded their "fix it yourself". If they said it like that or if they said something that mentions 'a track package that as additional cooling was available and the owners chose to not get this.'

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

Hahaha yeah that's true... People will sue for anything.

About the overheating issues.. I'd like to see how Ford actually worded their "fix it yourself". If they said it like that or if they said something that mentions 'a track package that as additional cooling was available and the owners chose to not get this.'

That is a good question.  Somehow I am sure a lot more was said.  I am guessing Ford will probably settle and end up adding he coolers to these cars.  Not that they should reall need to, but it is best for them to nip this in the bud and avoid the bad publicity and will be cheaper for them in the end. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Stew said:

That is a good question.  Somehow I am sure a lot more was said.  I am guessing Ford will probably settle and end up adding he coolers to these cars.  Not that they should reall need to, but it is best for them to nip this in the bud and avoid the bad publicity and will be cheaper for them in the end. 

Yep, agreed. Just take the loss.