Choppin' Competition #20 - GM Transplant

Welcome to Choppin' Competition #20!

Have you ever seen a Ford, a Volkswagen, a Nissan, or anything and thought, "with a few minor modifications, that would make a great Chevrolet/Buick/etc."?

Well...do it!

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to choose a recent non-General Motors vehicle and modify it create a vehicle that would be offered by a GM division. Remember, this can be any of GM's current sales channels, including SAAB, HUMMER, Holden, Opel, and Vauxhall.

Aside from the same 800x600 size guidelines, choose any image you'd like. Here are some sourcesAutodeadline

The winner will recieve a GM-related prize!

Deadline is Friday, May 26th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck! :CG_all:

alright ill give it a shot... this is my first attempt at chopping... so be nice...

its by no stretch of the imagination that an alfa romeo 159

Posted Image

becomes a GTO (see next post)

enjoy... i worked hard on it... tryed to make it as good as i could because i know these choppin comps can get real competetive

EDIT: i took the picture out of this post so it wasnt accidentally entered in the competition

Edited by 04monteintimidator

true but i wanted to make it a hardtop... im a little leery about painting a line down the glass tho... dont know how that would look

i managed to fix the problem... moved the weather stripping forward and turned it into a b pillar kinda thing... it works for the hardtop look while also breakin up the large slab of glass...

use this one for the contest please

Posted Image

well it was my first time choppin anything... so i didnt want to get too crazy for the comp... keep things clean ya know? ill keep workin on it and maybe put one with hood scoops up in the showcase tho

It Is NOT your Grandad's Buick.....AWESOME... ain't it ???

If only GM...Well Maybe.

Now if we can just get "OH, JAMES" to drive it !.....LOL.

That's IT for me with this contest...I am not going to top this one.

Here is the original pix ;

Posted Image

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Allrighty then here is my forth chop for this contest but only the second entry. you guys are making me work too hard !

...You can figure out what car it was I think ?

Firebird Trans Am ;

Posted Image

It was a F550.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

:rolleyes:

How many entries is one person allowed to enter as well?

Decka, I just keep putting them in until i really like one of 'em !...LOL.

You should do the same you got lotsa good stuff !

I'm holding at 2 this time as I am happy with the Riv, but need to work more on the GTP car.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Decka, I just keep putting them in until i really like one of 'em !...LOL.

You should do the same you got lotsa good stuff !

I'm holding at 2 this time as I am happy with the Riv, but need to work more on the GTP car.

First, slow down, take a deep breath and take some Ritalin... no offense but, you're posts seem so hyper sometimes it's almost annoying.

The main point of that post was that both of your images were at least 1024 pixels wide that was larger than the 800 pixels wide limit. I'm not sure if the rules have changed since but the last I recall, the rules for the comps were once an image was posted by a member, that was their final entry. I'm no mod so I don't make the rules, I was just asking a question to one of them reguarding that.

In either case, this is my entry that is final

Posted Image

EDIT: Relocated image to a different host

Edited by Decka

Decka..was not aware of any of that . I was just joking around in response to you cuz I like your pixs and would like to see more of them ...NBD.

BTW, I just changed up on my second entry and resized it to 800, amd the Riv is OK as is too, maybe it is a bit wide but...??

The Aston pix is too big but that's not an entry pix.

I have seen the Ridgeline done like that before too, did not like it then ( I just think The Ridgeline is a very ugly truck) & sorry but don't like it now either, but it is better than the previous one I saw before, so good work, just not my taste at all.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

NOS...I think your right ! You are another guy who needs to post more than 1 entry, as you do good work and I always like to see what you come up with.

Bas Ass Pontiac !

...& Toni, great look'in Pontiac too. We should all post more than one pix I think.

You guys are so creative (more so than other sites) with these chops...it's fun to see what you all come up with next !

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Thanks, but I thought it was limited to one chop per person?

It used to be that way at least.. it doesn't say in the first post of this thread though...

Dude, I had 3 in the last contest ??..they all went in so have at it.

C&G sent me a survey and that was one of the things I said needed to be changed, to allow multiple entries, so I guess that is what it is now. Nobody has said different and all of the entries were voted on too.

Let's see some more from all of you, cuz 1 is never enough in anything, pixs, girls, cars, whatever you can always do more than 1...LOL.

Thanks, but I thought it was limited to one chop per person?

It used to be that way at least.. it doesn't say in the first post of this thread though...

So did I that's why I had mentioned about it

I feel it unbalances the competition, like say someone who is really awsome submits 3 chops and someone who is fair submits 5 and since the voting is based on the top 3 that one person gets all three votes. :twocents:

EDIT: By the way MRDETROITMETAL, that Holden you chopped as a El Camino, is a GM product.

Edited by Decka

So did I that's why I had mentioned about it

I feel it unbalances the competition, like say someone who is really awsome submits 3 chops and someone who is fair submits 5 and since the voting is based on the top 3 that one person gets all three votes. :twocents:

EDIT: By the way MRDETROITMETAL, that Holden you chopped as a El Camino, is a GM product.

Ditto.

And there's always the Members Showcase to post the other chops.

A good designer should have plenty of great ideas, but should also be able to choose the best to enter a competition.

LOL...oh well. I figure 2 is a good number for contests cuz that way you can go in different design directions, ...

& anyway your right about the "Holden", but I thought that it would qualify as a Chevrolet.

Seems GM is doing this with Holden now anyway and making Buick's from them, but I can stick with the Riv pix if ya want me to, no problem.

MrDM... i dunno if yur confused or sumthin but Decka's right... the Holden you chopped is a GM product... and if you look at the criteria...

choose a recent non-General Motors vehicle and modify it create a vehicle that would be offered by a GM division. Remember, this can be any of GM's current sales channels, including SAAB, HUMMER, Holden, Opel, and Vauxhall

so using a Holden doesnt work... just thought id tell ya

MrDM... i dunno if yur confused or sumthin but Decka's right... the Holden you chopped is a GM product... and if you look at the criteria...

so using a Holden doesnt work... just thought id tell ya

Got'cha....replaced the camino with one of your favorites....a Trans Am !

With dual hood scoops and all, ...We cool now ?

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

i like that Trans Am alot actually... very evil looking... just like a trans am should be... thatd turn the seats of many a ricer a nice deep brown ay? lol

Guest YellowJacket894

Could be a Grand Prix...

Posted Image

I've always thought the RL looks dead similar to the G6...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see an eerie trend developing with Acura products...or Pontiac products, I'm not sure. Anyway, I used to be a member way, way, way back when over at "Car & Driver" forums and some member there took Pontiac grilles and slapped them on an RSX and TSX. Needless to say, they both made decent next-generation Pursuits if my memory serves correct.

:stupid: