Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Industry News: Muscle Car Wars Find A New Battleground In China

2 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Yes! yes we can!

I earned myself at least a week ban for this!

So yeah...Ill take a week off!

Ill read posts and just up vote where I see fit!

Don't stay away too long... if the clown car keeps it up there may not be a forum to post in when you get back.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Yes! yes we can!

Just take a week off of stupid infighting please...I want to talk about cars and I enjoy your friendship and perspectives.

Yes! yes we can!

Just take a week off of stupid infighting please...I want to talk about cars and I enjoy your friendship and perspectives.

Yes! yes we can!

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Will do!

And I did not waste any time in accepting your suggestion of talking about cars and letting the infighting be a thing of the past!

@oldshurst442 @A Horse With No Name @Drew Dowdell

So guys, how long before we see the first EV pony car?

Will it be a hit or not?

Will it be a plugin hybrid?

What do you think the Torque / HP numbers could be?

1 minute ago, dfelt said:

Will it be a hit or not?

I thought Ford already mentioned they would be doing a hybrid mustang at some point

1 minute ago, dfelt said:

Will it be a hit or not?

I think the segment is dying, I would like to see a future rivalry between modern cars.  I love vintage cars as much as anyone, but for me the retro thing has played out.

26 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Will it be a hit or not?

Ford and Chevy and if FCA is still alive...

They better start re-inventing the Pony Car as it might lose its relevance...

Coupes are practically dead.

The only ones that are still around are the ones with some sort of history.

The V8 is becoming less and less relevant in every day, average joe people cars...

The only V8s that are every day, average joe people cars are the Pony Cars...

But...with turbo 4s as base engines in these cars and EVs being almost at the tipping point, it may not be too long for the classic American Pony Car to become extinct...

The Demon from Dodge is a cry for help. One last hurrah. If FCA does not give it a new platform it will die off.

If GM does not sell enough Alpha platformed cars....which includes the ATS....then the Camaro might die off...it happened before with the Camaro....don't think it might not happen again...

The Mustang seems like the only one to stay relevant. But it WILL need to go EV soon enough as maybe Tesla will offer a competitor soon...

Hey...don't laugh...the Tesla Roadster is said to get a new model....soon! Maybe a coupe variant will be in the works?

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I thought Ford already mentioned they would be doing a hybrid mustang at some point

They had mentioned during one of their media presentations that Hybrid could be considered but have not committed to it or have I found any update on their EV / hybrid strategy in regards to the pony car.

I could see a 300 HP 350 lbs ft torque rear wheel drive pony car. I can also see this being double the numbers in AWD form.

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

Ford and Chevy and if FCA is still alive...

They better start re-inventing the Pony Car as it might lose its relevance...

Coupes are practically dead.

The only ones that are still around are the ones with some sort of history.

The V8 is becoming less and less relevant in every day, average joe people cars...

The only V8s that are every day, average joe people cars are the Pony Cars...

But...with turbo 4s as base engines in these cars and EVs being almost at the tipping point, it may not be too long for the classic American Pony Car to become extinct...

The Demon from Dodge is a cry for help. One last hurrah. If FCA does not give it a new platform it will die off.

If GM does not sell enough Alpha platformed cars....which includes the ATS....then the Camaro might die off...it happened before with the Camaro....don't think it might not happen again...

The Mustang seems like the only one to stay relevant. But it WILL need to go EV soon enough as maybe Tesla will offer a competitor soon...

Hey...don't laugh...the Tesla Roadster is said to get a new model....soon! Maybe a coupe variant will be in the works?

A Tesla Roadster, and then a futuristic sports hot hatch with a crossover vibe from Ford and GM that would be hybrid or full electric.

The Ford Ecosport and the bolt both have a nice vibe to them, I cannot imagine Ford and GM not being able to bring something new and fresh to the market.

22 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

A Tesla Roadster, and then a futuristic sports hot hatch with a crossover vibe from Ford and GM that would be hybrid or full electric.

The Ford Ecosport and the bolt both have a nice vibe to them, I cannot imagine Ford and GM not being able to bring something new and fresh to the market.

If you have some spare time, I highly recommend test driving a BOLT. Especially in Sport Mode. Wife loved regular mode but the added punch you get in sport mode makes it one quiet but powerful pocket rocket of fun.

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

If you have some spare time, I highly recommend test driving a BOLT. Especially in Sport Mode. Wife loved regular mode but the added punch you get in sport mode makes it one quiet but powerful pocket rocket of fun.

I am afraid to drive it as it is just a little bit beyond my price range and I know if I drive it I will want it.

13 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I am afraid to drive it as it is just a little bit beyond my price range and I know if I drive it I will want it.

I understand, I love to test drive auto's even though I cannot afford to buy. Still very fun and even the base BOLT still has the sport mode. So I have to say you get allot for $29,995 after federal tax credit.

• Agree 1

We'll I can see why the Mustang is selling more than the Camaro. They are advertising more.

Ford-Mustang-China-Print-Ad.jpg

I was unable to really find any advertising and had to resort to searching for Camaro in China and finally found this.

2017-camaro-camaro-costs-58125-in-china_1.jpg

So yes, FORD would sell more mustangs than Camaro as GM is doing what they always seem to do, piss poor marketing of a product. But then as Drew says, they are selling fists of Buicks and other auto's, the Camaro is just a blimp on their radar that is not too important.

32 minutes ago, dfelt said:

We'll I can see why the Mustang is selling more than the Camaro. They are advertising more.

Ford-Mustang-China-Print-Ad.jpg

I was unable to really find any advertising and had to resort to searching for Camaro in China and finally found this.

2017-camaro-camaro-costs-58125-in-china_1.jpg

So yes, FORD would sell more mustangs than Camaro as GM is doing what they always seem to do, piss poor marketing of a product. But then as Drew says, they are selling fists of Buicks and other auto's, the Camaro is just a blimp on their radar that is not too important.

Mustang is also much more existentially central to Ford's identity than Camaro is to GM's.  Ford, you think of the F150 and the Mustang.  GM, you think of a whole bunch of different products.

• Agree 1