Motor Trend ...

I understand and am sorry you have to deal with so many ignorant kids. I hope I do not cause you too much stress in trying to keep and drive the political discussion in the political forum area.

We could always just kill it and go back to driving only auto discussion and slap each of us if we do bring up anything political.

4 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I understand and am sorry you have to deal with so many ignorant kids. I hope I do not cause you too much stress in trying to keep and drive the political discussion in the political forum area.

We could always just kill it and go back to driving only auto discussion and slap each of us if we do bring up anything political.

It'll be difficult when you get posts like this in a thread which has nothing political about it.

"

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:47 PM, dfelt said:

Wish Potus would focus on running a government rather than his own look at me.

"

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

It'll be difficult when you get posts like this in a thread which has nothing political about it.

"

"

Very true, but then you have others bring business, corrupt policy etc. into the discussion causing response. 

Cause and effect. seems to run everywhere every day. :P 

1 minute ago, dfelt said:

Very true, but then you have others bring business, corrupt policy etc. into the discussion causing response. 

Cause and effect. seems to run everywhere every day. :P 

I've never brought politics into a thread what wasn't about politics because politics fckn suck ass.  Name a politician who isn't corrupt and I have a bridge made of hot dogs to sell you.

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

I've never brought politics into a thread what wasn't about politics because politics fckn suck ass.  Name a politician who isn't corrupt and I have a bridge made of hot dogs to sell you.

Does Mustard and Ketchup come with it? They are usually pretty hungry when they sell themselves to the special interests. :) 

It's not just politics.... there is trolling in every thread even about cars.   I'm either going to have to start coming down on people so hard for trolling that no one is going to want to post here, or shut down the forums section entirely, or most of you will need to put your big girl panties on.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

It's not just politics.... there is trolling in every thread even about cars.   I'm either going to have to start coming down on people so hard for trolling that no one is going to want to post here, or shut down the forums section entirely, or most of you will need to put your big girl panties on.

Agreed

Big.jpg

35 minutes ago, dfelt said:

C'mon dude, that's so hypocritical. We all have our biases and you've put yours on display just like the rest of us. Don't sit there describing your actions as "driving the political discussion" while in the same breath labeling others "ignorant kids."

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

I tried for ages to keep things spicy with fun threads here in the Lounge to no success.

As for trolling in posts, I can't speak for others, but I don't partake in that.

I like your posts and garages.

• Agree 2

49 minutes ago, cp-the-nerd said:

C'mon dude, that's so hypocritical. We all have our biases and you've put yours on display just like the rest of us. Don't sit there describing your actions as "driving the political discussion" while in the same breath labeling others "ignorant kids."

How is that, I made a choice to start posting in the political forum to create discussion. Some of us and I consider myself to be part of that group tried to discuss what is going on in our country and around us. Others choose to troll or worse. I have seen a limited number of people drive discussions and most people have chosen to ignore till lately. The idiom of truth hurts seems to have hit nerves as some would rather stick to ideology in extreme rather than openly debate and discuss ways to make things better.

End result, we showed that politics on this forum could not be done in an intelligent manner. 

Back to auto discussions and posts. I am working on a new one to be up soon. :) 

• Agree 1

Having not been on here in a while, I can say that its exactly the same as the last time I browsed here. A thread gets posted, and then the same group of people getting pissing and voting matches with each other. The thread gets derailed, and any semblance of discussion devolves in to trash. It'd be one thing if this was once in a while, but this is daily, and involves most threads. Case in point.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I like your posts and garages.

Agreed.

11 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

...Even just in This thread

Google old woodworking machines and join up, it is free.  It is very heavily moderated, but the discussion is very good and on point. But the mods stick to the rules...You can get banned over there for even discussion of Asian woodworking machines.

But that is what I could see C and G becoming...Very serious discussion of cars.

However, being back less than 24 hours, some of the infighting is very old.

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Scout said:

I don't troll, I fish. :ph34r:. I suppose some may call that trolling. :ph34r:. Maybe I'll start fishing around here. 

Please do, we need all of the content we can get.

• Agree 2

I just stumbled across this thread, yawn, I like car talk.  A debate on which is better between a Kio Rio and a Honda Fit is more interesting.  The name calling, trolling, polical BS or stuff people do just to stir the pot is boring.  This site is about cars and the endless debate of pushrod vs DOHC, foreign vs domestic, displacement vs horsepower per liter, etc.

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

I just stumbled across this thread, yawn, I like car talk.  A debate on which is better between a Kio Rio and a Honda Fit is more interesting.  The name calling, trolling, polical BS or stuff people do just to stir the pot is boring.  This site is about cars and the endless debate of pushrod vs DOHC, foreign vs domestic, displacement vs horsepower per liter, etc.

Exactly....I wonder if Olds ever checked out OWWM...I think that could be a model for what this site could become...

Motor Trend forums died because the forum software sucks so bad and the powers that be seemed to not care.  The moderators there did what they could to no avail. The end. After hundreds of requests to fix the form falling on deaf ears the members finally threw in the towel and moved on.  

It was in a Motor Trend thread one member mentioned this place. That's how myself and a handful of others discovered this form.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Scout said:

Motor Trend forums died because the forum software sucks so bad and the powers that be seemed to not care.  The moderators there did what they could to no avail. The end. After hundreds of requests to fix the form falling on deaf ears the members finally threw in the towel and moved on.  

It was in a Motor Trend thread one member mentioned this place. That's how myself and a handful of others discovered this form.

...well come on in and talk about cars....glad to have you!

35 minutes ago, Scout said:

Well glad to have you... and invite more of your friends.

4 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

...well come on in and talk about cars....glad to have you!

Most cars have four wheels. But some cars have three wheels. No cars have two wheels because then they would be bikes. However some bikes do have three wheels and they still are not cars. Then there are some cars that have more than four wheels and they are still cars. Cars have many kinds of wheels.  And they come with three or more of those Wheels.

Ok. Now what do you want to talk about?

45 minutes ago, Scout said:

Most cars have four wheels. But some cars have three wheels. No cars have two wheels because then they would be bikes. However some bikes do have three wheels and they still are not cars. Then there are some cars that have more than four wheels and they are still cars. Cars have many kinds of wheels.  And they come with three or more of those Wheels.

Ok. Now what do you want to talk about?

Would you consider a segway a bike or auto?

Will the auto industry do what the OIL companies think will happen that EV's will be 1/3rd of auto sales by 2030?

6 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Will the auto industry do what the OIL companies think will happen that EV's will be 1/3rd of auto sales by 2030?

Perhaps. But not by 2030. Too many stubborn old farts like me still around that prefer the good old V8. Maybe one day. But not that soon IMO. 

And I forgot to mention in the previous post,. The wheels all go round and round. :)

Edited by Scout

Would you consider a segway a bike or auto?

Somehow I missed that. I consider it other.

As for motorcycle reviews. Circumstances caused me to sell my bike. But if you get testers I still have my M1 license. 

Looking

Looking

Looking

Well, I was gonna put a think about it smiley in their someplace but couldn't find one. 

10 hours ago, Scout said:

Perhaps. But not by 2030. Too many stubborn old farts like me still around that prefer the good old V8. Maybe one day. But not that soon IMO. 

And I forgot to mention in the previous post,. The wheels all go round and round:)

Not this wheel, this wheel goes scrape...scrape...scrape...

QC3yjYQ.gif?noredirect

After reading through some very insightful posts on here.... Scout, olds - you boys are, as usual, spot on with your commentary!   :P   (And the video of the trailer above is possibly the best feat of engineering I have ever witnessed!  :blink: ).....  I can say that it bothers me little what trolling etc goes on in these threads.

I do not mean to belittle this forum (or any other, for that matter) when I say that this is just an internet forum....  I do not come here to look for the cure for cancer etc.  

In point of fact, the more the 'trolls' are allowed to... well, troll... the more foolish they will appear and without 'making a big deal out of it', they tend to moderate themselves.  Even the most ardent and/or even the most unintelligent of them, figure out that once they do not get the attention they seek, and then they see how moronic there words are... they don't wish to repeat the same tactic over and over.

Just my thought(s)....

Edited by lengnert

16 minutes ago, lengnert said:

After reading through some very insightful posts on here.... Scout, olds - you boys are, as usual, spot on with your commentary!   :P   (And the video of the trailer above is possibly the best feat of engineering I have ever witnessed!  :blink: ).....  I can say that it bothers me little what trolling etc goes on in these threads.

I do not mean to belittle this forum (or any other, for that matter) when I say that this is just an internet forum....  I do not come here to look for the cure for cancer etc.  

In point of fact, the more the 'trolls' are allowed to... well, troll... the more foolish they will appear and without 'making a big deal out of it', they tend to moderate themselves.  Even the most ardent and/or even the most unintelligent of them, figure out that once they do not get the attention they seek, and then they see how moronic there words are... they don't wish to repeat the same tactic over and over.

Just my thought(s)....

I think for us old timers who have been coming to this forum for more than a decade and a half.... we've been relatively troll free up until recently. so to suddenly have a bunch of them pisses us off. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I think for us old timers who have been coming to this forum for more than a decade and a half.... we've been relatively troll free up until recently. so to suddenly have a bunch of them pisses us off. 

I can certainly appreciate your opinion regarding the behavior of 'whom we do not speak the name(s) of'  (I guess they are the "Valdemort's" of the internet forum world)....

It used to make me more upset to see threads get 'derailed' etc.  Heck, I used to find myself getting lured 'into the fray', from time to time myself.... ya' know, before I became the completely mature dude I am today!  :rolleyes:

I suppose if I were an administrator or moderator etc. of a forum, I would be a little more annoyed then I am as a mere poster....

I suppose I will just hope that this place does not completely devolve into the quagmire that it could.....  

I, for one though, enjoy extremely spirited debate regardless of most language used as long as it relates to the topic of the thread at hand.  Those threads are highly entertaining, at times.

14 minutes ago, lengnert said:

I can certainly appreciate your opinion regarding the behavior of 'whom we do not speak the name(s) of'  (I guess they are the "Valdemort's" of the internet forum world)....

It used to make me more upset to see threads get 'derailed' etc.  Heck, I used to find myself getting lured 'into the fray', from time to time myself.... ya' know, before I became the completely mature dude I am today!  :rolleyes:

I suppose if I were an administrator or moderator etc. of a forum, I would be a little more annoyed then I am as a mere poster....

I suppose I will just hope that this place does not completely devolve into the quagmire that it could.....  

I, for one though, enjoy extremely spirited debate regardless of most language used as long as it relates to the topic of the thread at hand.  Those threads are highly entertaining, at times.

We have zero issues with debate in good faith here...it is the people who come here to troll and find a personal attention fix that are the problem.

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, lengnert said:

Just post more pics of that Gorgeous Torino in your profile pic and we can overlook a lot of bad...but please...Torino pics!

41 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Yeah, I'm sure it is more annoying for us admins because we have to moderate such disputes when people go "running to tell teacher".

A question...

Its more like a hypothesis or an assumption.

The people that whine about others and "run to tell teacher" are...Im guessing and assuming, THE ones that are THE problem. (more or less, most of the time)

(Because Im sure regular posters are fed up so they complain too?)

Am I right or wrong in this hypothesis?

Edited by oldshurst442

Just now, oldshurst442 said:

A question...

Its more like a hypothesis or an assumption.

The people that whine about others and "run to tell teacher" are...Im guessing and assuming, THE ones that are THE problem.

Am I right or wrong in this hypothesis?

They are a subset, yes...   but we still have to step in sometimes when things go unreported

Just now, Drew Dowdell said:

They are a subset, yes...   but we still have to step in sometimes when things go unreported

I also added:

(more or less, most of the time)

(Because Im sure regular posters are fed up so they complain too?)

But yeah....thanx for answering me.

PS:  I HOPE I DID NOT CAUSE TOO MUCH ANNOYANCE WHEN I JOINED THIS FORUM FOR YOU AND THE REGULARS!

I FEEL GUILTY IN WHAT HAS TRANSPIRED IN HERE THE LAST WEEK OR SO AND ALTHOUGH I WASNT THE MAIN ISSUE, I CERTAINLY DID HAVE A PART IN THAT!!!

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

In other news, I'd like to add motorcycle reviews and news some day

That would be fantastic....were I to be ten years younger, i would love to own a Ducati.

24 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Well, you certainly haven't been boring.. :)   

Insane people rarely are....(ducks from wrench thrown from Montreal...just kidding bro!)

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Agree 1

You really like cars and can discuss them in a rational and thoughtful manor, what's not to like?

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

Me crazy?

rw3x7_s-200x150.gif

No!

Interesting and thoughtful, your insane person in the pic even looks kind of French Canadian...now if Nissan was only that thoughtful with their interior details....

• Agree 1