Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

It Ain't Easy...

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Sharp...love the color, would like to have a GC in that color. 

Thanks!  I thought it only natural to order it in "Army Green"!  First tank is ringing up at 27.5 MPG so far, but of course I will double check the DIC against actual mathematics when I fill it up.  Also, I am happy to be "rowing my own" again!

Edited by ocnblu
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, regfootball said:

this thread is worthless without pictures of the gearshifter!  and CONGRATS

have to admit.....if i were looking for a smaller 4x4 with stick, this would be about the best way to get it these days......

Agree completely, very nice choice.

• Agree 1

you've got all those old Suzuki the SeX4's slaughtered......those wouldn't often hit 30 mpg.......the automatics often didn't hit 25 mpg.

If for some insane reason I feel i need to drive stick ever again I will for sure take one of these out for a run.

Edited by regfootball
  • Agree 1

I'm on my 3rd tankful since buying my GC March 31, almost 900 miles since then. I haven't paid too close attention to the mileage and range, but I'm definitely going longer between fillups than I did w/ the old 4.0.   Gas tank is six gallons larger IIRC (like 26 gallons)..

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, regfootball said:

you've got all those old Suzuki the SeX4's slaughtered......those wouldn't often hit 30 mpg.......the automatics often didn't hit 25 mpg.

If for some insane reason I feel i need to drive stick ever again I will for sure take one of these out for a run.

Many reports are saying Manuals will be gone in the next 2-3 years if not sooner. You might not be able to find a manual except in an old auto.

4 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

He did refer to it as his new ride...

Yes the shaft is very short...

Short and Bulbous! :P 

• Agree 1

In either case, learn to drive that thing...word is owner of the new Green jeep with the manual here at C and G can be a little bit lost in the bush sometimes...

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

:o  I will have you all know, it is just as much fun as something like THIS:

maxresdefault.jpg

:o Now we know the truth about the fake extra long shifter! :P 

Just look at that break towards the top, Kinda a lorena bobbitt job? ;) 

3 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

In either case, learn to drive that thing...word is owner of the new Green jeep with the manual here at C and G can be a little bit lost in the bush sometimes...

:roflmao: 

• 2 weeks later...

First longer road trip yesterday, 190 miles mostly highway, dash readout says 33.4.  Astonishing to me.  My expectations were tempered by this little bruiser, which gave me 19.5 MPG...  I am absolutely tickled to death with these mileage figures.  Turning over 1300 miles soon... already!

001.JPG

• Agree 2

This tank, which was strictly a work commute with a bit of running around over the weekend:  380.6 miles, 11.833 gallons, for 32.164286 MPG.  Who can argue?  I can't.  :)

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

RECALL!  :o

Letter states FCA will repair my vehicle free of charge if I do not care to do it myself...

Recall consists of a new owner's manual with a corrected jump start procedure in the text...

Instructions:  "We ask that you locate the vehicle's original User's Guide and replace it with the enclosed Second Edition User's Guide".

"TO SCHEDULE YOUR FREE REPAIR CALL 1-800-853-1403 OR YOUR CHRYSLER, DODGE, JEEP OR RAM DEALER TODAY"

Now, may I ask you, do I look like a Tesla driver who does not have the wherewithal to throw out my original owner's manual and place the new one in its sheath?  :roflmao:

Edited by ocnblu
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

RECALL!  :o

Letter states FCA will repair my vehicle free of charge if I do not care to do it myself...

Recall consists of a new owner's manual with a corrected jump start procedure in the text...

Instructions:  "We ask that you locate the vehicle's original User's Guide and replace it with the enclosed Second Edition User's Guide".

"TO SCHEDULE YOUR FREE REPAIR CALL 1-800-853-1403 OR YOUR CHRYSLER, DODGE, JEEP OR RAM DEALER TODAY"

But if you do it yourself, are you sure it will be done correctly?   Warranty work should always be done by trained, authorized dealers..;)

• Haha 1