It Ain't Easy...

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

You don't assume every other brand sells at sticker price, do you? Incentives, special cash, bonus cash, etc is the norm.
New '19 Ram in my area is averaging 16% off sticker. S-Class is averaging 7% off sticker (which is actually the same dollar amount- around $7000). EVERYTHING is overpriced.

Sadly it seems that Auto Companies think they have to bloat the price and offer crazy % off to sell auto's, it is as if they are afraid to actually sell the auto at a fair ATP with minimal deductions. :nono:

3 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

One of our painters just leased a 2019 Terrain SLT AWD 2.0T, he got it CHEAP.  Black over black, panoramic roof, etc. etc.

Say thank the Germans for moving to the bulk of their auto sales being cheap leases. It makes it really hard I think for most people to actually buy an auto due to the lease crazyness.

19 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Leasing is OK for my mom, she ends up with about 1/3 of the mileage limit at the end, but I am almost at the 36k mile mark and my Jeep isn't 2 years old until the end of April... I could never lease.

Same with me, I end up with 15-20K miles a year on an auto, so leasing will never work for me either. Plus once you go over their 10 or 12K mile program the 15K is just as expensive as buying at least here in Seattle it seems.

12 hours ago, dfelt said:

Same with me, I end up with 15-20K miles a year on an auto, so leasing will never work for me either. Plus once you go over their 10 or 12K mile program the 15K is just as expensive as buying at least here in Seattle it seems.

I will have put 50K on the Beetle at the 2 year mark....Leasing won't work for me either.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I will have put 50K on the Beetle at the 2 year mark....Leasing won't work for me either.

Damn that is a lot of driving...25k a year.    Working from home, I've definitely cut down on miles driven.  I've put only 16k on my '14 Jeep in the 21 months I've had it (had 25,189 when I got it in March '17).  

Edited by Robert Hall

10 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Damn that is a lot of driving...25k a year.    Working from home, I've definitely cut down on miles driven.  I've put only 16k on my '14 Jeep in the 21 months I've had it (had 25,189 when I got it in March '17).  

I put almost 30k a year on my car, almost 100 mile a day commute.  Unfortunately, my department doesn't allow working from home even though plenty of days I could do it.  No way I could use public transportation either.

• Agree 1

I think my record was about 15k miles a year (2011)...I was commuting 50 miles a day round trip from central Phoenix to Chandler and back.    Back in 2002 I had a commute of 120 miles a day round trip for 3 months until I moved (from Colorado Springs to Denver). 

52 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Getting the kids out of the house (youngest graduates this year from high school!)  should drop the #

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Getting the kids out of the house (youngest graduates this year from high school!)  should drop the #

Totally agree, when my son was part of the USA Gymnastics program, just way too many competitions across the US, so we always drove everywhere except if on the East Coast. That had me doing between 30-40K miles a year.

Once the kids were gone and out of college, dropped to 15K miles a year on average as my wife and I still love road trips.

• Agree 1