Review: 2017 Cadillac CT6 Platinum 3.0TT

49 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

It is a joke.  because Toyota fans think their cars are maintenance free.

I get that but apparently you missed the irony given that you have shown the same tendencies where Mercedes is concerned. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

My neighbors had an F150 that had that beat by that 425,000 miles we were talking about....i wanted to watch it hit a million, but they moved to another state.

As much as it pains me to admit that certain members and former members might be right about anything....the Ford F-150 is one heck of an amazing product.

I would  still prefer GMC please...preferably a dually with a diesel...

I don't hate to admit it.  Ford did and still does build a great truck.  My Dad's and Mom's F-150s are 1994 with 400k+ and 2007 with 200k+.  Dad's is an XLT standard cab inline 6 with a 5-speed manual and 4x4. Mom's is a King Ranch Crew Cab V8 RWD. 

My only issue with Ford is the not living up to the hype about Ecoboost as a V8 replacement and it's fuel economy numbers.  My issue is with the marketing department, not the engineering department.  My job as a project manager is to set expectations and meet them.  In terms of the hype, Ford did not meet the expectations it set for itself.   I remain unconvinced about the benefits of Ecoboost, but I would totally rock a denim blue F-150 King Ranch  4x4 with the 5.0 and the 10-speed.

Back to the CT6 and a word on turbo engines.... while @smk4565 was joking, he is right that there is an attitude among Toyota owners and them rarely doing oil changes. I think that kinda bit them with the oil sludging issues.  What I've been noticing, first with my Encore and then with other Turbo engines is that they are much more sensitive to old oil. I can hear when my Encore needs an oil change at around 20% oil life on the oil life monitor. I can hear it in Ecoboost V6es also (Source: Expedition EL).  I wonder if some people, particularly former Toyota owners are up for a rude awakening if they try to run 15k mile oil changes in these luxury cars. 

• Agree 2

I have a love hate relationship with Ford that is not rational in any way, and compounded by all sorts of crazy things.

There is nothing rational I have against Ford motor company. In terms of Ecoboost, i think the problem with the fuel economy tends to come when people drive it with their foot in the throttle...every single owner I have talked with has been nothing but positive.

In terms of the 5.0 V8, if you look at my Facebook page you will see a really bad pic of me next to my Powermatic 87 band saw.  Band saw with the blade welder weighs in at about 1400 pounds...we pulled that band saw and a trailer/truck load of HEAVY tools from Kingsport Tennessee to Columbus Ohio.  With my friend Rich and his 5.0 F150, we didn't know anything was even back there. That 5.0 Combo is awesome...it has converted a bunch of my co workers who were GM or bust guys. People more rabid than many of the partisans here...

As far as oil changes go, yes with Turbo or supercharged motors. I noticed it in the TDI while I still owned it and in my Supercharged MINI Cooper S.  Also notice it in other Turbo vehicles...

In terms of people not changing their oil, that is pretty much any brand....but especially bad with Toyota and Honda owners for some reason.

Edited by A Horse With No Name

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I have a love hate relationship with Ford that is not rational in any way, and compounded by all sorts of crazy things.

There is nothing rational I have against Ford motor company. In terms of Ecoboost, i think the problem with the fuel economy tends to come when people drive it with their foot in the throttle...every single owner I have talked with has been nothing but positive.

In terms of the 5.0 V8, if you look at my Facebook page you will see a really bad pic of me next to my Powermatic 87 band saw.  Band saw with the blade welder weighs in at about 1400 pounds...we pulled that band saw and a trailer/truck load of HEAVY tools from Kingsport Tennessee to Columbus Ohio.  With my friend Rich and his 5.0 F150, we didn't know anything was even back there. That 5.0 Combo is awesome...it has converted a bunch of my co workers who were GM or bust guys. People more rabid than many of the partisans here...

As far as oil changes go, yes with Turbo or supercharged motors. I noticed it in the TDI while I still owned it and in my Supercharged MINI Cooper S.  Also notice it in other Turbo vehicles...

In terms of people not changing their oil, that is pretty much any brand....but especially bad with Toyota and Honda owners for some reason.

:worthless:

I am a total Luddite when it comes to anything to do with FacePlant. Will never have one of their accounts.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and indoor

This is singularly the worst photograph ever taken of me or my work shop, period...

18156365_1338941949529333_68587803854942

This is a little bit better pic, this is a neck for a guitar we are building...

• Agree 3

37 minutes ago, dfelt said:

@A Horse With No Name Awesome, so cool to see your workshop and the wood work you do. Very cool! :metal: 

Thanks...I will post up some pics when Brian and I get the guitar complete and we get the work shop cleaned up...

One thing for sure though, I am not getting a car in my garage any time soon!

4 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Thanks...I will post up some pics when Brian and I get the guitar complete and we get the work shop cleaned up...

One thing for sure though, I am not getting a car in my garage any time soon!

LOL, too true, but then every man needs a workshop and yours has some pretty cool tools! :metal: