Honda News: Picture of Window Sticker Gives Us An Idea On Civic Type R Pricing

It will not be too long before the Civic Type R begins hitting Honda dealers in the U.S. and we now have some idea on pricing.

A member on the CivicX.com forums came across a lot full of new Civic Type Rs nearby a port. The member was able to get some pictures of the vehicles sitting there along with one showing the window sticker. According to the sticker, the Civic Type R Touring will carry a base price of $33,900 - add $875.00 for destination and you'll end up with a final price of $34,775.

We don't know if Honda will be doing a lower-trim version of the Type R - Touring at Honda is their designation for the top trim level. If they do, we expect it to be around $30,000 to $32,000.

Source: CivicX.com
Pic Credit: Newspress USA

View full article

Seeing the picture of this, it is really ugly from the back end and especially the stupid 3 exhuast pipe with one being smaller than the others is just weird. The back end just looked hacked up.

Interesting statement about this being performance and that the tires will wear lasting 10,000 miles or less. Also the statement to put on winter tires. This is going to be interesting to see how many get crashed by kids thinking they can be speed racer.

2017-civic-type-r-sticker.jpg

IMG_8555.JPG

12 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

That's a fair MSRP. It will definitely bring the track performance, but driveability and outright speed are not going to be strong attributes.

I might go drive one for giggles.

The tires makes ya wonder how fast the first pair will wear out. I bet most get only 5-6K miles on the tires before your having to spend $1,200 on a new set. 20" rims do not have many options for this car. Expensive no matter how you look at it.

maybe im in the wrong and the people shopping for one of these wouldnt cross shop with a camaro or mustang, but you can get a 2017 ecoboost premium for $33K and a 2lt camaro with the 3.6 for $35k. heck for $37,300 you can get a 1LE v6 camaro which is probably where the markup on the type r starts. you wont have the ring lap record clout but i think id rather have one of those 2 instead.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, balthazar said:

And people complained the last Trans Am was "overwraught". :rolleyes:

RIGHT! :o This is the new Trans Am of the 21 century of goddiness overkill. :P 

Sadly with non of the real V8 power Pizzas in a sardine can that is actually ugly.

11 hours ago, cletus8269 said:

maybe im in the wrong and the people shopping for one of these wouldnt cross shop with a camaro or mustang, but you can get a 2017 ecoboost premium for $33K and a 2lt camaro with the 3.6 for $35k. heck for $37,300 you can get a 1LE v6 camaro which is probably where the markup on the type r starts. you wont have the ring lap record clout but i think id rather have one of those 2 instead.

I doubt it.  I don't see anyone looking at a 4 seat coupe looking at a 5 passenger Wagon.  It is a good price for what you get.  For the kit this will come with stand\ard you would end up with a 40k+ ecoboost or Camaro V6 anyway. 

16 hours ago, FAPTurbo said:

but the camaro and mustang are for casuals, whereas this is for hardcore track or honda fans

but its also close to focus rs land as well.

5 hours ago, Stew said:

I doubt it.  I don't see anyone looking at a 4 seat coupe looking at a 5 passenger Wagon.  It is a good price for what you get.  For the kit this will come with stand\ard you would end up with a 40k+ ecoboost or Camaro V6 anyway. 

the prices i quoted for the ecoboost premium and v6 1LE camaro 2LT are straight from the build your own page from ford and chevy. are they top of the line? no, but they arent stripped either. i was just comparing the performance numbers for the price point.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, cletus8269 said:

but its also close to focus rs land as well.

the prices i quoted for the ecoboost premium and v6 1LE camaro 2LT are straight from the build your own page from ford and chevy. are they top of the line? no, but they arent stripped either. i was just comparing the performance numbers for the price point.

Problem with that Focus RS and those, is that why they are decently equipped, they are not fully loaded.  Touring in Honda trim is fully loaded.  LED headlights, leather, Nav, etc, etc.  All 3 will be in the 40k range once equally equipped, if they even can be.  hond has some neat gear that is even standard on your bread and butter LX or SI, that these don't even offer such as neat camera in the passenger side mirror which activates when you turn on your left turn signal, or full LED lighting in touring models. 

On 5/31/2017 at 10:29 PM, balthazar said:

And people complained the last Trans Am was "overwraught". :rolleyes:

The Civic Type R takes stoned Pokemon styling to a whole new level...

On 5/31/2017 at 10:22 PM, FAPTurbo said:

but the camaro and mustang are for casuals, whereas this is for hardcore track or honda fans

It will have its hard core fans....but the Honda fanbois are so annoying that most of my sons friends pretty much verbally eviscerate Honda every chance they get....

There is a certain negative prestige with this car. An older gentleman could drive an Ecobosot Mustang, WRX/STI, GTI, ST, RS, BRZ, Camaro or the like without looking stupid...but this car just screams "old man wants jailbait female for companion."

On 5/31/2017 at 5:23 PM, Frisky Dingo said:

That's a fair MSRP. It will definitely bring the track performance, but driveability and outright speed are not going to be strong attributes.

I might go drive one for giggles.

I have a paper bag you can wear when you do so...Drew really doesn't like duplicate accounts but I might suggest one if you write a review.

On 5/31/2017 at 4:35 PM, dfelt said:

This is going to be interesting to see how many get crashed by kids thinking they can be speed racer.

2017-civic-type-r-sticker.jpg

IMG_8555.JPG

My son and daughter both work for insurance companies.  We have interesting dinner table conversations about this very subject...

As a guy who once loved (but no longer loves) Mustangs, it was painful to see how many 5.0 mustangs were augured into solid objects by testosterone poisoned young males back in the day.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

My son and daughter both work for insurance companies.  We have interesting dinner table conversations about this very subject...

As a guy who once loved (but no longer loves) Mustangs, it was painful to see how many 5.0 mustangs were augured into solid objects by testosterone poisoned young males back in the day.

Right! With the latest Fast and Furious, which I hope is the last. Good movie but I think the franchise has run it's course. I see lots of ricer fans buying these and plowing them into things due to stupid decisions.

Just now, dfelt said:

Right! With the latest Fast and Furious, which I hope is the last. Good movie but I think the franchise has run it's course. I see lots of ricer fans buying these and plowing them into things due to stupid decisions.

So long as they are plowing them into inanimate objects and not other vehicles, that's not entirely a bad thing.  Given the visual aesthetic of the Type R, the human tree of life could use a little self pruning for those wiling to drop coin for that...

• Agree 1

Just now, A Horse With No Name said:

So long as they are plowing them into inanimate objects and not other vehicles, that's not entirely a bad thing.  Given the visual aesthetic of the Type R, the human tree of life could use a little self pruning for those wiling to drop coin for that...

So very True! :thumbsup:

Time for some human pruning while sad, ya do have to clean up the DNA tree from time to time. We seem to have some very stupid peeps in society from the top down in this country and around the world. :facepalm:

Just now, dfelt said:

So very True! :thumbsup:

Time for some human pruning while sad, ya do have to clean up the DNA tree from time to time. We seem to have some very stupid peeps in society from the top down in this country and around the world. :facepalm:

Perhaps their is an aesthetic link....people who drive the Type R probably wouldn't a mind a president whose hair looks like cotton candy spun from goat piss...

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Perhaps their is an aesthetic link....people who drive the Type R probably wouldn't a mind a president whose hair looks like cotton candy spun from goat piss...

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: 

A buddy of mine in Denver bought a new Civic hatchback (may have been an Si) the same day I bought my Jeep at the end of March.  His is gray with the rear wing in red and other trim in red..definitely 'distinctive' looking..

2 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

They are truly hideous.

Good science fiction inspiration for a bug species that invades earth and destroys all human life...cockroaches and Civic R's can be the only life left, and the Civic R will still be the ugliest thing on the planet.

1 minute ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

A buddy of mine in Denver bought a new Civic hatchback (may have been an Si) the same day I bought my Jeep at the end of March.  His is gray with the rear wing in red and other trim in red..definitely 'distinctive' looking..

Please tell me when you ride together you take the Jeep....

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Please tell me when you ride together you take the Jeep....

Haven't seen it in person yet, may this summer when I go out to Denver to visit friends...

Seems these are built for the F&F crowd that is now a decade older, and yearning for the old days, but doesn't have to time to build that fart cannon of doom like they used to. One thing I have heard is that these are easier to build on if they want to customize (and you know some will), so it is a good start for those who want to build on. And besides the fact they belong in speed racer, it's not a bad thing at all.

Who knows, we might be surprised by this crowd, or there are going to be a bunch of youtube vids of accident prone Civics.......

9 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Seems these are built for the F&F crowd that is now a decade older, and yearning for the old days, but doesn't have to time to build that fart cannon of doom like they used to. One thing I have heard is that these are easier to build on if they want to customize (and you know some will), so it is a good start for those who want to build on. And besides the fact they belong in speed racer, it's not a bad thing at all.

Who knows, we might be surprised by this crowd, or there are going to be a bunch of youtube vids of accident prone Civics.......

If they become as accident prone as Mustangs leaving car shows I am going to invest heavily in futures for curbs, light poles and shrubbery.

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Agree 1