June Car Spotter Thread

20 minutes ago, loki said:

insurance... mine dropped ~33% from IL...

My car insurance dropped ~50% moving from Phoenix to Cleveland suburbs.   My AZ insurance had gone up 40% or so when I went from the '00 Jeep to the '14,  and it's now lower than it was on the old Jeep.   

23 minutes ago, loki said:

insurance... mine dropped ~33% from IL...

We still need to get back together....

And yes, Ohio isn't a bad place to live...all things considered...

10 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

We still need to get back together....

And yes, Ohio isn't a bad place to live...all things considered...

we will. but now i'm working. contract job for intelligrated (honeywell). :)

2 hours ago, loki said:

we will. but now i'm working. contract job for intelligrated (honeywell). :)

Sweet... would love to get together.

On the way home...

Saw a Rolls two door, maroon...

Lamborghini...black... Aventador...

Four or five C6...all of them black

Fifties Volvo...

Red eighties IROC Camaro.

Studebaker Avanti.

VW thing, white, top down.

Seven or eight air cooled Volkswagens, including a bus...

Neat..haven't seen one of those in forever..appears to be a '77-78 (stacked rectangular lights).   Fun trivia--the Plymouth version was called Fury from '76-78 (previously Satellite),  the Dodge version (identical except for the grille, taillights, and badging) was called Coronet in '75, Charger Sport in '76 (2dr only, the 4dr was still Coronet), and Monaco for '77-78.   

9 hours ago, balthazar said:

You mean '84-85, right? Unless it was a custom...

I have been seeing several of the 84 and 85 lately.

65 ish Lincoln convertible was following me on the way home

Toyota vintage FJ 40

Mazdaspeed 6

Air cooled eighties era 911

Model A

Jag F Pace

66 Dodge sedan, nice shape, blue

10 hours ago, balthazar said:

You mean '84-85, right? Unless it was a custom...

No, like '95-ish...there were a number of them built by an aftermarket company, used to see a couple around Scottsdale.   I remember there was a black one in the 'Get Shorty' movie driven by Dennis Farina. 

I also did see a clean '80s one a few days ago--white w/ a white top sitting in a driveway. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

Been noticing a number of '17 LaCrosse's out & about- sharp looking in person!

Ohhhhhhhhh I can absolutely agree. I would have gone this route if we had wanted a larger car. This actually is one of my favorite new cars.

I saw a few LaCrosses on the dealer lot in Phoenix, have seen a couple in traffic here in Ohio...it's a sharp car..  for big FWD Buicks, I always liked the look of the last 2 generations of Park Avenues. 

Some days you can only shake your head and wonder the idiots who were driving. Multi car accident on the commute in this morning. 2 mini's and a Ford Excursion, AKA Ford Valdes. No need to say who won the mash up of metal. Everyone looked ok, yet one person was crying as their phone was smashed. I think they were more upset over the phone than their totaled mini. :blink:

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Some days you can only shake your head and wonder the idiots who were driving. Multi car accident on the commute in this morning. 2 mini's and a Ford Excursion, AKA Ford Valdes. No need to say who won the mash up of metal. Everyone looked ok, yet one person was crying as their phone was smashed. I think they were more upset over the phone than their totaled mini. :blink:

Americans resemble my cat chasing a laser pointer more every day...

Good riddance if the Excursion was a goner as well...

11 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Americans resemble my cat chasing a laser pointer more every day...

Good riddance if the Excursion was a goner as well...

Sadly barely a bent bumper compared to the two mini's of which both rear ended the Excursion. The one in the middle was totaled I believe and the one in back very badly bent, maybe totaled also. 

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Sadly barely a bent bumper compared to the two mini's of which both rear ended the Excursion. The one in the middle was totaled I believe and the one in back very badly bent, maybe totaled also. 

Maybe it will get hit by lightening alter this week...

Ohio MINI drivers are smart enough (as a general rule) to avoid large vehicles and running into them...Must be a Washington State thing...!

Just now, A Horse With No Name said:

Maybe it will get hit by lightening alter this week...

Ohio MINI drivers are smart enough (as a general rule) to avoid large vehicles and running into them...Must be a Washington State thing...!

Sadly those that drive small cars around Washington seem to be the same high tech workers that care more about their phone. I see so many small auto's being crushed and we just updated our hands free cell phone laws as most accidents here seem to happen from people texting or talking on them and not paying attention to the road. These type of idiots need self driving cars or take a taxi / bus.  Crazy.

1 minute ago, dfelt said:

Sadly those that drive small cars around Washington seem to be the same high tech workers that care more about their phone. I see so many small auto's being crushed and we just updated our hands free cell phone laws as most accidents here seem to happen from people texting or talking on them and not paying attention to the road. These type of idiots need self driving cars or take a taxi / bus.  Crazy.

Actually here in Ohio the police seem to arrest people here on a pretty regular basis for the whole texting and driving thing.

A lot of the accidents I see seem to be from just basic impatience...

Heading from Detroit airport & staying in Birmingham, MI this past week...

2018+ Jeep Cherokee prototypes masked over, cruising the highway

2018 GMC Terrains, all around, look great, especially the nose from the front

Bentley Bentayga...in light gold...being driven by an elderly lady

Always enjoy the car sitings in Michigan.

• Agree 1