Kia News: Don't Expect A High-Performance Stinger Anytime Soon

Jeep GC would be my choice 100 percent...

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

We're in such an odd situation.  We have no kids nor any plans for kids, yet we need to plan our vehicle purchases around hauling some combo of our 7 nieces and nephews, or my in-laws around. As much as we like the Encore, it was really a mistake on our part going with a vehicle that small. 

Unless I find an Avalanche, my choices are likely going to be Durango / Explorer / Tahoe.   His will either be pre-owned CTS or leased Regal Sportback... or if things really change for us, a new S90. 

A larger vehicle would make sense in so many ways....and you could get rid of the Honda...

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Jeep GC would be my choice 100 percent...

A larger vehicle would make sense in so many ways....and you could get rid of the Honda...

I want to be rid of that Honda so bad... I've been looking at low mileage Bravadas, Rainiers, and 9-7xs just as an interim solution. 

Just now, Drew Dowdell said:

I want to be rid of that Honda so bad... I've been looking at low mileage Bravadas, Rainiers, and 9-7xs just as an interim solution. 

I have been looking at used F150's and Silverados.  We both could use a pickup truck like we could use oxygen.

So very happy we did not get the Civic SI with our last car purchase....I am not a fan of Honda in many ways.

I saw a 9-7x in clean shape just a couple days ago, dark red.   I saw another one here in Ohio when I was here a few months ago, dark gray with a silver dollar-sized rust hole in the hood and rust bubbles around the rear wheel arches... 

12 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

A Bravada might be a worthwhile vehicle to keep around. Nieces and nephews will need something to drive and learn on if they are approaching the 14-15 year old age...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

A Bravada might be a worthwhile vehicle to keep around. Nieces and nephews will need something to drive and learn on if they are approaching the 14-15 year old age...

They range from 3 y/o to 22 y/o. They can learn to drive on their parents cars. ;-)

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The Pacifica almost has me convinced....

But I'd like to do a bit of mild off-roading. So Avalanche/Tahoe are at the top of my list. 

Somewhere out there is a Mercedes R550 with adjustable height air suspension with your name on it.  I haven't looked at prices but they have to be practically giving them away.  Or get an R63 AMG and you can out run Stingers and Mustangs and the like.

Edited by smk4565

Never mind on the R-class, the seem to be picking up G-wagen like resale, a 2007 R63 is $35-40k and 7-10 year old R350s with are going for $10-20,000 even with over 100k miles.

I wouldn't buy any FCA product, they all are unreliable.  My dad has a Dodge Caravan with the  Pentastar and has spent like $4,000 this year on maintenance and had another $2200 repair that was covered by warranty.  

57 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

They range from 3 y/o to 22 y/o. They can learn to drive on their parents cars. ;-)

Fair enough...and quite the range!

18 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Never mind on the R-class, the seem to be picking up G-wagen like resale, a 2007 R63 is $35-40k and 7-10 year old R350s with are going for $10-20,000 even with over 100k miles.

I wouldn't buy any FCA product, they all are unreliable.  My dad has a Dodge Caravan with the  Pentastar and has spent like $4,000 this year on maintenance and had another $2200 repair that was covered by warranty.  

I would buy an FCA product before I would buy a Benz...

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

My brother has an Escalade and 300 SRT8, along with a 13 and 15 year old.  He has already told me to not get rid of my 07 TSX without giving him first rights.  That might finally get me to part ways with it in a few years.

• 2 months later...
On 6/27/2017 at 12:47 PM, A Horse With No Name said:

Stinger actually looks good, the more I look at it the more I like it...it does have the Kia Family language all over it...and does look a bit like an Optima IMHO.

The greenhouse is very similar to the previous Optima...similar rear door shape, similar c-pillar shape.   But the other proportions are different with the distinctly RWD front clip..the lower body and front in profile remind me a bit of the Panamera. 

227420.jpg

2018-kia-stinger-inline1-photo-683946-s-original.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar