BMW News: 2018 BMW X3 Is Familiar, Yet Different

image.png

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Have to say that I really like the Rhino Color with Black rims that my son bought.

20170529_142847.jpg

Nice Contrast Rhino with Black accent.

Its absolutely freaking gorgeous...black rims are just killer on that....your son has fantastic taste in cars!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

image.png

I like the interior design of the WK2 GC...everything is pretty well laid out.  I'm glad I went with the two-tone interior, after 17 years in the dark cave of my old WJ GC.  I like the mix of chrome, stainless steel-look and wood trim.. 

IMG_1846.JPG

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I like the interior design of the WK2 GC...everything is pretty well laid out.  I'm glad I went with the two-tone interior, after 17 years in the dark cave of my old WJ GC.  I like the mix of chrome, stainless steel-look and wood trim.. 

IMG_1846.JPG

I really like how it all is laid out....Rhino must be a west coast color, cannot get it on Jeep website here in Ohio.

Don't think I've seen Rhino in person on a GC..I've seen Renegades in that color.   I think my 3 favorite colors on the 17 GC are Walnut Brown Metallic, Luxury Brown Pearl Coat and Red Velvet Pearl Coat.  

1 minute ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Don't think I've seen Rhino in person on a GC..I've seen Renegades in that color.   I think my 3 favorite colors on the 17 GC are Walnut Brown Metallic, Luxury Brown Pearl Coat and Red Velvet Pearl Coat.  

I thought hard about a renegade or Compass before we bought the Beetle. My wife was not all that impressed when we made a showroom visit...

I do like how FCA offers colors and option packages and tries to give you what you want with a vehicle.

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I really like how it all is laid out....Rhino must be a west coast color, cannot get it on Jeep website here in Ohio.

Really? WOW, that is interesting to know, the Rhino color of being blue/grey/black just really strikes a nice look. Alex being a graphic designer always had black on black auto's but really liked the contrast of this color and changed his mind at the last minute when he test drove it on a sunny day. Just rocks.

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Really? WOW, that is interesting to know, the Rhino color of being blue/grey/black just really strikes a nice look. Alex being a graphic designer always had black on black auto's but really liked the contrast of this color and changed his mind at the last minute when he test drove it on a sunny day. Just rocks.

I think it may be just certain trim levels..he got an Altitude, right?  I checked Limited, Overland and Summit and didn't see it..the browns I like are only with the Overland and Summit, I think..

15 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I think it may be just certain trim levels..he got an Altitude, right?  I checked Limited, Overland and Summit and didn't see it..the browns I like are only with the Overland and Summit, I think..

@A Horse With No Name

OK guys, just checked the web site, the following models allow the Rhino color:

Trailhawk

Altitude

SRT

Those are the only 3 trim levels you can get Rhino in according to their web site. Cubical is correct, there are allot of colors, but only available at certain trim levels. Overland and Summit have much more than the others but no Rhino. Interesting.

Sounds like Rhino is kind of a sporty color for the sporty on/off road trims, while the browns are for the luxury trims.  The GC has like 8 or 9 trim levels now, plus the Trackhawk is coming..

3 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

X3 is the size of a Cherokee...small midsize I guess?  it's larger than the first two generations of Grand Cherokee, the size of the original X5.

The new X3 is up to 186 inches long, sort of long since a GLC is 183 inches.  But they want an X2 and an X1 below it, so they probably figure they can make the X3 grow.   The Cherokee is actually only 182 inches long, I thought it was a little bigger.  Jeep actually has 3 crossovers smaller than an Equinox, it goes to show how much opportunity there is in that small crossover segment, and how much Jeep needs something bigger than Grand Cherokee, which I know is coming. 

3 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

The new X3 is up to 186 inches long, sort of long since a GLC is 183 inches.  But they want an X2 and an X1 below it, so they probably figure they can make the X3 grow.   The Cherokee is actually only 182 inches long, I thought it was a little bigger.  Jeep actually has 3 crossovers smaller than an Equinox, it goes to show how much opportunity there is in that small crossover segment, and how much Jeep needs something bigger than Grand Cherokee, which I know is coming. 

I hadn't seen the dimensions on the new X3, only saw the current one which is 183.x.. the X1 is close to Compass-sized...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

34 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

There is a Jaguar E-Pace going on sale later in the year too in the small crossover market.  And then an I-Pace electric crossover that I think goes on sale next year. 

E pace might be of interest also.