Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Sales: Sales Figure Ticker: June 2017

44 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

As of 3:40 pm today... I rolled this out of the garage and addressed the issue.

1959-Cadillac-Ghostbusters-1.jpg

My compliments sir, for choosing a GM vehicle to do so....I will buy Beer (or wine, IIRC you prefer wine to beer) next time I am in Pittsburgh...

...and thanks for posting that image...I am feeling better about life and believe it or not seeing that old Cadillac made my day!

Make that two drinks then...three if you trade in the CRV!

1 hour ago, riviera74 said:

A question for all: which current (i.e. new) GM vehicle would you buy if money were no object?

I will start: XT5 Premium Luxury or CT6 Platinum.

I would buy a GMC 4WD pickup in white with a diesel/towing package...

image.pngimage.png

...and I would buy a nice AMERICAN made Airstream trailer to tow behind it...!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Escalade Platinum or CT6 PHEV 

Escalade Platinum is an extremely nice vehicle.

Strangely enough, I ahve seen a bunch of late model Luxury SUV's doing pedestrian jobs lately.

At my favorite lumber yard, gentleman was loading up a $100,000 plus Range rover like it was a Dodge D150...asked him why he was loading a $100,000 plus SUV like that and the gentleman said he had three of them...the other two were for regular use...

Helping my friend Steve rebuild his deck, was picking up lumber at Lowes Sunday and a late model Escalade had ladders strapped to the roof and the gentleman driving it was picking up building supplies...politely asked the gentleman why he was using an Escalade in that manor and he replied that it was his wife's vehicle...my wife would string me up for that...!

Left work today for a medical appointment, dropped back by my office before going to look at a side job...on the way back here, saw a late model Navigator delivering pizza in one of the poorest neighborhoods in town...(no kidding!)

@riviera74

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

Between those two choices...CT6 Platinum

nydn-2017-cadillac-ct6-premium-luxury-da

These next few cars and trucks(if any) are what I would buy from GM.

nydn-2017-cadillac-ct6-premium-luxury-da

V

01-2016-cadillac-cts-v-fd-1.jpg

Vsport

2016-Cadillac-CTS-Sedan-V-Sport-Package.

2018-Buick-Regal-Sportback-front-three-q

Corvette.jpg

1000 HP Trans Am

2017-trans-am-455-super-duty_100599864_h

Or the Exorcist....but I dont like this Hennessey fella! So I would rather give my money to Kevin Morgan.

Plus, since I dont really like a Camaro, this way, its a Camaro without it looking like one and I get to save face. And yes, the 1000HP Trans Am belongs in my answer as I need to buy a Camaro from the local Chevrolet store for the conversion!!!

2017-chevrolet-camaro-zl1_100598550_m.jp

2016-Chevrolet-SS-0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

jpYsrGC.jpg

2015-SEMA-Chevrolet-Malibu-Red-Line-007.

2018-Chevrolet-Volt-Premier-Battery-capa

I dont think I missed anything.

BUMP!!!

Because my post got buried!!!

Edited by oldshurst442

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Can you list which ones you think are on the chopping block?  I have my own ideas, but I wonder what yours are.

Hopefully not the Impala...one of the nicest products GM currently makes.

4 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

@riviera74

BUMP!!!

Because my post got buried!!!

That Cadillac looks awesome in white!

Of all of the GM cars that need more love around here...the Camaro...

I am really starting to like the side profile on it.

On 7/5/2017 at 1:40 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

Can you list which ones you think are on the chopping block?  I have my own ideas, but I wonder what yours are.

Sure..the list does change a bit-helps I hear stuff out of the plants too...

Impy- D Ham just dropped it (and also sending it to Korea, which didn't work out) Other production is dropping fast....

Sonic- With the being the middle child here, I hear that the might be moving something else into the plant to build. And they shipped out the "next gen" prototype too......

Either the XTS or CTS

Buick Lacrosse

Just now, daves87rs said:

Sure..the list does change a bit-helps I hear stuff out of the plants too...

Impy- D Ham just dropped it (and also sending it to Korea, which didn't work out) Other production is dropping fast....

Sonic- With the being the middle child here, I hear that the might be moving something else into the plant to build. And they shipped out the "next gen" prototype too......

Either the XTS or CTS

Buick Lacrosse

Not a surprising list. I've made similar predictions.

XTS is already confirmed as a goner after 2020. 

CTS is getting a name change on the next refresh, so technically dead, but not really. Platform is another question, I haven't looked into if it is going on Alpha or Omega.

Lacrosse, if it keeps the name, may live on.... on another platform.

Impala, no surprise there if its main platform mate, the XTS is gone. 

Sonic is Gamma... makes sense to build it with other Gammas (Trax / Encore / Spark) on a continent were small cars sell really well, so I would see that moving to Korea.  BUT, that is not the same as being dead in the US. Sonic has been in the top sales slot in its segment more than a few times. 

I expect Regal production to move to China within 5 years. They have to keep building in that class for China alone.... I expect it to continue to be sold here too... doesn't cost that much to throw a couple Regals on the boat for every 10 Envisions they ship over.

Cascada has got to be toast. Opel built, out of date, no place to call home, and poor sales. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Not a surprising list. I've made similar predictions.

XTS is already confirmed as a goner after 2020. 

CTS is getting a name change on the next refresh, so technically dead, but not really. Platform is another question, I haven't looked into if it is going on Alpha or Omega.

Lacrosse, if it keeps the name, may live on.... on another platform.

Impala, no surprise there if its main platform mate, the XTS is gone. 

Sonic is Gamma... makes sense to build it with other Gammas (Trax / Encore / Spark) on a continent were small cars sell really well, so I would see that moving to Korea.  BUT, that is not the same as being dead in the US. Sonic has been in the top sales slot in its segment more than a few times. 

I expect Regal production to move to China within 5 years. They have to keep building in that class for China alone.... I expect it to continue to be sold here too... doesn't cost that much to throw a couple Regals on the boat for every 10 Envisions they ship over.

Cascada has got to be toast. Opel built, out of date, no place to call home, and poor sales. 

Agree with ya...though I already thought the Cascada was dead....think I have seen like one in the last 6 months....

I think people will be surprised how much may end of Chinese built....

Still waiting for the move of the Cruze to Mexico...unless they want to keep bleeding money there...but At least the Nox/Terrain/Envision will end up there.....

Hoping the "new" be lighter on it's feet, and the sport car it should have become...

Though I hope rumor of a baby caddy will the Sonic's replacement....8)

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings