• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

William Maley

Volvo News: Volvo Plans To Electrify All of Their Models Beginning In 2019

Volvo made a stunning announcement this morning as it plans to equip all of their vehicles with an electric motor beginning in 2019. 

“This announcement marks the end of the solely combustion engine-powered car. Volvo Cars has stated that it plans to have sold a total of 1 million electrified cars by 2025. When we said it we meant it. This is how we are going to do it,” said Volvo CEO Hakan Samuelsson in a statement.

Volvo is planning to launch five EVs between 2019 and 2021 - two of those coming from Polestar . They'll be complemented by a range of mild-hybrid with 48-volt electric systems and plug-in hybrid models.

“This is about the customer. People increasingly demand electrified cars and we want to respond to our customers’ current and future needs. You can now pick and choose whichever electrified Volvo you wish,” said Samuelsson.

Source: Volvo 
Press Release is on Page 2

Volvo Cars to go all electric

Volvo Cars, the premium car maker, has announced that every Volvo it launches from 2019 will have an electric motor, marking the historic end of cars that only have an internal combustion engine (ICE) and placing electrification at the core of its future business.

The announcement represents one of the most significant moves by any car maker to embrace electrification and highlights how over a century after the invention of the internal combustion engine electrification is paving the way for a new chapter in automotive history.

“This is about the customer,” said Håkan Samuelsson, president and chief executive. “People increasingly demand electrified cars and we want to respond to our customers’ current and future needs. You can now pick and choose whichever electrified Volvo you wish.”

Volvo Cars will introduce a portfolio of electrified cars across its model range, embracing fully electric cars, plug in hybrid cars and mild hybrid cars.

It will launch five fully electric cars between 2019 and 2021, three of which will be Volvo models and two of which will be high performance electrified cars from Polestar, Volvo Cars’ performance car arm. Full details of these models will be announced at a later date.

These five cars will be supplemented by a range of petrol and diesel plug in hybrid and mild hybrid 48 volt options on all models, representing one of the broadest electrified car offerings of any car maker.

This means that there will in future be no Volvo cars without an electric motor, as pure ICE cars are gradually phased out and replaced by ICE cars that are enhanced with electrified options.

“This announcement marks the end of the solely combustion engine-powered car,” said Mr Samuelsson. “Volvo Cars has stated that it plans to have sold a total of 1m electrified cars by 2025. When we said it we meant it. This is how we are going to do it.”

The announcement underlines Volvo Cars’ commitment to minimising its environmental impact and making the cities of the future cleaner. Volvo Cars is focused on reducing the carbon emissions of both its products as well as its operations. It aims to have climate neutral manufacturing operations by 2025.

The decision also follows this month’s announcement that Volvo Cars will turn Polestar into a new separately-branded electrified global high performance car company. Thomas Ingenlath, Senior Vice President Design at Volvo Cars, will lead Polestar as Chief Executive Officer.

View full article

I totally understand and get this, the age of Hybrid is upon us and soon ev only in the long term. Enjoy the last golden age of ICE auto's.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I totally understand and get this, the age of Hybrid is upon us and soon ev only in the long term. Enjoy the last golden age of ICE auto's.

Could not agree more!

• Like 1

The EU car companies are running away from ICE like it is the plague and toward EV's like it is the second coming.  But i am all for it.  Bring on the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

The EU car companies are running away from ICE like it is the plague and toward EV's like it is the second coming.  But i am all for it.  Bring on the future.

Given what happened to VW and the diesel problems, you cannot blame them for marching straight to EVs.

• Like 1

Electrification done right can be better than diesel because you can have all the torque and yet still run in EV only mode part of the time producing no emissions at all.  Since Volvo has gone all 4-cylinder, adding electrification can be another boost to power also. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, smk4565 said:

16 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

Given what happened to VW and the diesel problems, you cannot blame them for marching straight to EVs.

Plus China's push is helping this move. Potus 45 attitude of bringing back the golden age of the 50's with Petro is very dated thinking.

1 minute ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Electrification done right can be better than diesel because you can have all the torque and yet still run in EV only mode part of the time producing no emissions at all.  Since Volvo has gone all 4-cylinder, adding electrification can be another boost to power also. 

Totally agree here. I do wonder if they are building their own 48 volt system or using Daimlers?

7 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Totally agree here. I do wonder if they are building their own 48 volt system or using Daimlers?

3rd party supplier most likely.  When you see multiple manufacturers come out with the exact same tech at the exact same time, someone like Continental, Bosch, Delphi, or ZF (9-speed FWD autos in Acura, Land Rover, Jeep, and Chrysler anyone?) is behind it. 

• Thanks 1

You wont see me march toward hybrid or full EV until the adoption rate is over 50%.. still a lot a variables to be ironed out!

11 minutes ago, Cremazie said:

You wont see me march toward hybrid or full EV until the adoption rate is over 50%.. still a lot a variables to be ironed out!

We're a 3 car family... I could totally see something like the Volt being added to our fleet someday.... if it were larger.  I still need to write up the Bolt EV I drove.... great little scamp of a car.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cremazie said:

Alberta has tons of oil, no need to pressure ourselves with this EV stuff...

On the other hand, Quebec has got plenty of electric fields waiting to be tapped...so my next ride will probably be  100% electric powered.

You guessed it, Im from Montreal.

Howdy Stranger!  :wavey:

:canada:

InkedMontrealMetro1998.GC_LI.jpg.166c07a35e2d7219fcbc4a3e72fdeb1c.jpg

1180955-selon-stm-arret-service-interven

gen39_est.png

Edited by oldshurst442

4 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Could not agree more!

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

We're a 3 car family... I could totally see something like the Volt being added to our fleet someday.... if it were larger.  I still need to write up the Bolt EV I drove.... great little scamp of a car.

I could totally see an EV in our family.

it would make infinite sense.

We aren't all that far away from the day when an electric car costs less than the gasoline car, and then gas cars are finished.

2 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

We aren't all that far away from the day when an electric car costs less than the gasoline car, and then gas cars are finished.

Give it fifteen good years I think..

10 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

There is one other factor that you're ignoring. We still don't have the charging infrastructure too support that volume of cars and we're not investing in it anywhere near fast enough.

6 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

There is one other factor that you're ignoring. We still don't have the charging infrastructure too support that volume of cars and we're not investing in it anywhere near fast enough.

Except the west coast which is charging full speed ahead with required EV chargers in all new homes built, all apartments built and existing have to be retrofitted with them or added while building. Public chargers are everywhere now. Every major freeway / highway system has them even at rest stops.

Clearly some parts of North America will be ready far faster than others.

Requiring EV chargers or just the electric lines run so you could put a charger in. Big difference.

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Charge at home.  Problem solved.  I can see battery tech offering 400-500 mile range in the 2020s, that is a solid 8 hours of non stop driving, and people just don't drive that much in a day.

When gasoline sales drop to 1950s level what are all those gas stations going to do?  Sheetz will be okay because they make their money on food anyway.  But the rest better start selling electricity refills or they'll be out of business.

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Requiring EV chargers or just the electric lines run so you could put a charger in. Big difference.

True, Washington state has actually required PSE the state power supply and natural gas supplier to put in the actual 220V chargers. Course the state brags about how many chargers are being installed but we know it is only a fraction of the actual EV's being sold at this time. Course prepped for the future as the state marketing goes. LOL :P 

2 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Charge at home.  Problem solved.  I can see battery tech offering 400-500 mile range in the 2020s, that is a solid 8 hours of non stop driving, and people just don't drive that much in a day.

When gasoline sales drop to 1950s level what are all those gas stations going to do?  Sheetz will be okay because they make their money on food anyway.  But the rest better start selling electricity refills or they'll be out of business.

Washington state is incentivizing the gas stations to install rapid chargers. A few are already being done, but be interesting to see how fast they do it.

I am adding more circuits toy garage and am leaving space for 220 for a charger.  I definitely see an electric car in my future.

33 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

I think Sheetz has just a couple stations with chargers in them.  I know New Stanton on the PA Turnpike has a charger, but it's a slower Level II charger, nothing high speed.  The weird part is the TPK installed them at the ends of the turnpike but nothing in the distance between New Stanton and Bowmansville outside of Philly...  They need some at Blue Mt, Sideling Hill, and Midway, etc... place in between the big cities.  (For those of you who don't know the PA Turnpike, these are service station names.)

If I'm leaving Pittsburgh, I don't need to stop 45 minutes later in New Stanton to charge... I probably need to stop at Sideling Hill to pee though, so that would be a good spot for a charger.

Sheetz is a good place for EV charge stations, because they want people hanging out there eating anyway.   I imagine a lot of people spend a half hour or so in there getting their MTO sandwich and 32 ounce sodas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smk4565 said:

Sheetz is a good place for EV charge stations, because they want people hanging out there eating anyway.   I imagine a lot of people spend a half hour or so in there getting their MTO sandwich and 32 ounce sodas.

Because the MTO counter is always so slooooooowww.....  full service sit down at Rey Azteca is faster!  How long can it really take to microwave a hamburger?

I bet a Chevy Bolt EV could charge from not to half full by the time they make my cheese curds. 

Electric cars combined with electric trains would be a fantastic combination.

Would also like to own a bolt.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      The project of a trade war between the U.S. and China (along with the European Union) has many automakers on edge. Some are beginning to speak out about the possible dangers it may bring.
      Mercedes-Benz's parent company, Diamler AG announced yesterday that its full-year earnings will be slightly lower than last year. Their reasoning comes down to consumers in China buying fewer SUVs that are imported from the U.S. Most of Mercedes-Benz SUVs are built in Alabama.
      “Remember, for those following from a Trump/global free trade perspective, this is now a German car maker, warning on the profits coming from their Alabama-made SUVs, which are then sold/exported into China –- a complicated situation indeed!!” wrote Evercore ISI analyst Arndt Ellinghorst.
      According to Bloomberg, shares in Diamler dropped 4.4 percent on this announcement.
      Meanwhile, Volvo Cars CEO Hakan Samuelsson said the trade war could affect plans in the U.S. Speaking at the opening of the Swedish automaker's new assembly plant in South Carolina, Samuelsson told Bloomberg that Volvo would have to limit the number of models it sells due to threat of a 25 percent tariff on imported vehicles.
      “I would have less models to choose from and they would cost more -- that would be the consequence. Shorter menu and higher prices -- not a very good restaurant,” said Samuelsson.
      The factory in South Carolina will provide a small relief for Volvo if tariffs do go into place. Small is the key word as LMC Automotive estimates 87 percent of the vehicles Volvo sells in the U.S. next year will come from other places - Sweden and China.
      Samuelsson also warned that the trade dispute could mess up plans to create up to 4,000 new jobs at the new plant.
      "If you have trade barriers and restrictions, we cannot create as many jobs as we are planning to," explained Samuelsson.
      "We want to export and if suddenly China and Europe have very high barriers, it would be impossible. Then you have to build the cars there. And then all cars will be more expensive, you have to invest more tooling and have every model in every country. That's against all the logic of modern economies that trade with each other."
      Source: Bloomberg, (2), Reuters

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The project of a trade war between the U.S. and China (along with the European Union) has many automakers on edge. Some are beginning to speak out about the possible dangers it may bring.
      Mercedes-Benz's parent company, Diamler AG announced yesterday that its full-year earnings will be slightly lower than last year. Their reasoning comes down to consumers in China buying fewer SUVs that are imported from the U.S. Most of Mercedes-Benz SUVs are built in Alabama.
      “Remember, for those following from a Trump/global free trade perspective, this is now a German car maker, warning on the profits coming from their Alabama-made SUVs, which are then sold/exported into China –- a complicated situation indeed!!” wrote Evercore ISI analyst Arndt Ellinghorst.
      According to Bloomberg, shares in Diamler dropped 4.4 percent on this announcement.
      Meanwhile, Volvo Cars CEO Hakan Samuelsson said the trade war could affect plans in the U.S. Speaking at the opening of the Swedish automaker's new assembly plant in South Carolina, Samuelsson told Bloomberg that Volvo would have to limit the number of models it sells due to threat of a 25 percent tariff on imported vehicles.
      “I would have less models to choose from and they would cost more -- that would be the consequence. Shorter menu and higher prices -- not a very good restaurant,” said Samuelsson.
      The factory in South Carolina will provide a small relief for Volvo if tariffs do go into place. Small is the key word as LMC Automotive estimates 87 percent of the vehicles Volvo sells in the U.S. next year will come from other places - Sweden and China.
      Samuelsson also warned that the trade dispute could mess up plans to create up to 4,000 new jobs at the new plant.
      "If you have trade barriers and restrictions, we cannot create as many jobs as we are planning to," explained Samuelsson.
      "We want to export and if suddenly China and Europe have very high barriers, it would be impossible. Then you have to build the cars there. And then all cars will be more expensive, you have to invest more tooling and have every model in every country. That's against all the logic of modern economies that trade with each other."
      Source: Bloomberg, (2), Reuters
    • By William Maley
      The 2019 Volvo S60 marks a few milestones for the Swedish automaker. For one, Volvo can finally say goodbye to the final remnants of its Ford ownership. The S60 is also the first model for the brand to be built in the U.S. at a new plant in South Carolina. It will also be the first Volvo to not offer a diesel engine.
      At first glance, the S60 looks almost the same as the larger S90 sedan. But get a bit closer and there are some major differences. For example, the 'Thor's Hammer' daytime running lights are closer to the grille than on the S90. The bumpers are much more aggressive and the doors feature deeper stamps and creases. Compared to the outgoing S60, the new model is slightly longer. Most of that increase goes to those sitting in the backseat. The interior is the same as you'll find in the V60 and XC60, complete with the 9-inch Sensus infotainment system. 
      Three engines will be on offer for the U.S.
      T5: Turbocharged 2.0L Four-Cylinder, 250 horsepower, Front-Wheel Drive T6: Twincharged 2.0L Four-Cylinder, 300 horsepower, All-Wheel Drive T8 Twin-Engine: Twincharged 2.0L Four-Cylinder with Hybrid System, 416 horsepower, All-Wheel Drive All engines will come paired with an eight-speed automatic. A T6 Twin-Engine with 340 horsepower will be available for other markets.
      Those wanting a bit more power only need to turn to the Polestar Engineered model that adds 15 horsepower, along with changes to the suspension and brakes.
      Being a Volvo, the 2019 S60 has a long list of safety features including automatic emergency braking, run-off road mitigation, and oncoming lane mitigation. Volvo's Pilot Assist that assists a driver with steering, acceleration, and braking on well-marked roads will be an option.
      Pricing for the 2019 Volvo S60 is as followed,
      T5 Momentum: $36,795 T5 R-Design: $42,895 T5 Inscription: $43,895 T6 Momentum: $41,295 T6 R-Design: $46,395 T6 Inscription: $48,395 T8 R-Design: $55,395 T8 Inscription: $55,395 All prices include a $995 destination charge.
      Those wanting to do a Care by Volvo subscription will have the choice of three models,
      S60 T6 Momentum: $755 per month S60 T6 R-Design: $855 per month S60 T8 Polestar: To be announced at a later date. It needs to be noted that the T8 Polestar Engineered model will only be available through Care by Volvo for now. 
      The order books are open right now for most of the S60 models; the T8 Polestar will be available to order starting June 28th. Production is expected to begin in the fall.

Volvo Cars launch new S60 sports sedan – the first Volvo car made in the USA
      Volvo Cars, the premium car maker, today revealed the new S60 luxury sedan at the company’s first American manufacturing plant outside Charleston, South Carolina.

The new South Carolina plant is officially inaugurated today. The combined car launch and factory opening reinforce Volvo Cars’ commitment to the US, an important market for the company and its new sedan. The new S60 is the first Volvo car made in the United States.

“The new S60 is one of the most exciting Volvo cars we’ve ever made,” said Håkan Samuelsson, president and chief executive of Volvo Cars. “It is a true driver’s car that gives us a strong position in the US and China sedan markets, creating more growth opportunities for Volvo Cars.”

The new S60 is the first Volvo car to be sold without a diesel engine, signalling the company’s industry-leading commitment to electrification and a long-term future beyond the traditional combustion engine. In 2017 Volvo Cars was the first global car maker to announce its strategy that from 2019 all new models will be electrified.

The award-winning turbo charged and supercharged T8 Twin Engine Plug-In Hybrid will be available in the new S60, delivering 313 horsepower with a rear electric motor adding 87 horsepower for a combined power output of 400 horsepower.  The T5 FWD and T6 AWD will also be available. The T5 FWD, T6 AWD and T8 Twin Engine Plug-In Hybrid will carry a MSRP of $35,800, $40,300 and $54,400 respectively.

The new S60 is available via traditional purchase, lease and Care by Volvo, a premium subscription service, which offers car access with no down payment via a monthly flat rate. Care by Volvo makes having a car as easy as having a mobile phone. A well-equipped S60 T6 AWD Momentum will be available for $775 a month through the program and the S60 T6 AWD R-Design for $850 a month. Reservations can be made online today at volvocars.com/us. 

The new S60 shares Volvo Cars’ own Scalable Product Architecture (SPA) platform, safety technology and infotainment system with the new V60 premium mid-size wagon, launched earlier this year, as well as the top-of-the-line 90 Series cars and award-winning XC60, all of which have achieved industry-leading safety ratings. This makes the new S60 one of the safest cars on the road.

The City Safety with Autobrake technology assists the driver in avoiding potential collisions, and is the only system on the market to recognize pedestrians, cyclists and large animals. In a world first for the mid-size sedan segment, City Safety now also engages auto braking to mitigate oncoming collisions.

The optional Pilot Assist system – which supports the driver with steering, acceleration and braking on well-marked roads up to 80 mph – has been upgraded with improved cornering performance. The S60 also includes Run-off Road Mitigation, Oncoming Lane Mitigation and other steering assistance systems. The optional Cross Traffic Alert with autobrake further enhances safety for people inside and outside the car.

Volvo Cars’ Sensus Connect infotainment system is fully compatible with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and 4G standard, and keeps drivers connected at all times. The intuitive control is a tablet-style touch screen interface that combines car functions, navigation, connected services and in-car entertainment apps.

The new S60 will also be offered with a Polestar Engineered trim level – developed by Volvo Cars’ electric performance arm, Polestar.

Polestar Engineered is only available on the T8 Twin Engine plug-in hybrid and is a complete offer with upgrades to the exterior and interior design, along with the car’s wheels, brakes, suspension and engine control unit, boosting the S60 T8 combined output to 415hp.  A limited volume of this variant will be available exclusively through the Care by Volvo app on June 28.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The 2019 Volvo S60 marks a few milestones for the Swedish automaker. For one, Volvo can finally say goodbye to the final remnants of its Ford ownership. The S60 is also the first model for the brand to be built in the U.S. at a new plant in South Carolina. It will also be the first Volvo to not offer a diesel engine.
      At first glance, the S60 looks almost the same as the larger S90 sedan. But get a bit closer and there are some major differences. For example, the 'Thor's Hammer' daytime running lights are closer to the grille than on the S90. The bumpers are much more aggressive and the doors feature deeper stamps and creases. Compared to the outgoing S60, the new model is slightly longer. Most of that increase goes to those sitting in the backseat. The interior is the same as you'll find in the V60 and XC60, complete with the 9-inch Sensus infotainment system. 
      Three engines will be on offer for the U.S.
      T5: Turbocharged 2.0L Four-Cylinder, 250 horsepower, Front-Wheel Drive T6: Twincharged 2.0L Four-Cylinder, 300 horsepower, All-Wheel Drive T8 Twin-Engine: Twincharged 2.0L Four-Cylinder with Hybrid System, 416 horsepower, All-Wheel Drive All engines will come paired with an eight-speed automatic. A T6 Twin-Engine with 340 horsepower will be available for other markets.
      Those wanting a bit more power only need to turn to the Polestar Engineered model that adds 15 horsepower, along with changes to the suspension and brakes.
      Being a Volvo, the 2019 S60 has a long list of safety features including automatic emergency braking, run-off road mitigation, and oncoming lane mitigation. Volvo's Pilot Assist that assists a driver with steering, acceleration, and braking on well-marked roads will be an option.
      Pricing for the 2019 Volvo S60 is as followed,
      T5 Momentum: $36,795 T5 R-Design: $42,895 T5 Inscription: $43,895 T6 Momentum: $41,295 T6 R-Design: $46,395 T6 Inscription: $48,395 T8 R-Design: $55,395 T8 Inscription: $55,395 All prices include a $995 destination charge.
      Those wanting to do a Care by Volvo subscription will have the choice of three models,
      S60 T6 Momentum: $755 per month S60 T6 R-Design: $855 per month S60 T8 Polestar: To be announced at a later date. It needs to be noted that the T8 Polestar Engineered model will only be available through Care by Volvo for now. 
      The order books are open right now for most of the S60 models; the T8 Polestar will be available to order starting June 28th. Production is expected to begin in the fall.

Volvo Cars launch new S60 sports sedan – the first Volvo car made in the USA
      Volvo Cars, the premium car maker, today revealed the new S60 luxury sedan at the company’s first American manufacturing plant outside Charleston, South Carolina.

The new South Carolina plant is officially inaugurated today. The combined car launch and factory opening reinforce Volvo Cars’ commitment to the US, an important market for the company and its new sedan. The new S60 is the first Volvo car made in the United States.

“The new S60 is one of the most exciting Volvo cars we’ve ever made,” said Håkan Samuelsson, president and chief executive of Volvo Cars. “It is a true driver’s car that gives us a strong position in the US and China sedan markets, creating more growth opportunities for Volvo Cars.”

The new S60 is the first Volvo car to be sold without a diesel engine, signalling the company’s industry-leading commitment to electrification and a long-term future beyond the traditional combustion engine. In 2017 Volvo Cars was the first global car maker to announce its strategy that from 2019 all new models will be electrified.

The award-winning turbo charged and supercharged T8 Twin Engine Plug-In Hybrid will be available in the new S60, delivering 313 horsepower with a rear electric motor adding 87 horsepower for a combined power output of 400 horsepower.  The T5 FWD and T6 AWD will also be available. The T5 FWD, T6 AWD and T8 Twin Engine Plug-In Hybrid will carry a MSRP of $35,800, $40,300 and $54,400 respectively.

The new S60 is available via traditional purchase, lease and Care by Volvo, a premium subscription service, which offers car access with no down payment via a monthly flat rate. Care by Volvo makes having a car as easy as having a mobile phone. A well-equipped S60 T6 AWD Momentum will be available for $775 a month through the program and the S60 T6 AWD R-Design for $850 a month. Reservations can be made online today at volvocars.com/us. 

The new S60 shares Volvo Cars’ own Scalable Product Architecture (SPA) platform, safety technology and infotainment system with the new V60 premium mid-size wagon, launched earlier this year, as well as the top-of-the-line 90 Series cars and award-winning XC60, all of which have achieved industry-leading safety ratings. This makes the new S60 one of the safest cars on the road.

The City Safety with Autobrake technology assists the driver in avoiding potential collisions, and is the only system on the market to recognize pedestrians, cyclists and large animals. In a world first for the mid-size sedan segment, City Safety now also engages auto braking to mitigate oncoming collisions.

The optional Pilot Assist system – which supports the driver with steering, acceleration and braking on well-marked roads up to 80 mph – has been upgraded with improved cornering performance. The S60 also includes Run-off Road Mitigation, Oncoming Lane Mitigation and other steering assistance systems. The optional Cross Traffic Alert with autobrake further enhances safety for people inside and outside the car.

Volvo Cars’ Sensus Connect infotainment system is fully compatible with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and 4G standard, and keeps drivers connected at all times. The intuitive control is a tablet-style touch screen interface that combines car functions, navigation, connected services and in-car entertainment apps.

The new S60 will also be offered with a Polestar Engineered trim level – developed by Volvo Cars’ electric performance arm, Polestar.

Polestar Engineered is only available on the T8 Twin Engine plug-in hybrid and is a complete offer with upgrades to the exterior and interior design, along with the car’s wheels, brakes, suspension and engine control unit, boosting the S60 T8 combined output to 415hp.  A limited volume of this variant will be available exclusively through the Care by Volvo app on June 28.
    • By dfelt
      Seems according to Volvo web site, that they will be passing on having a booth at the Geneva Auto Show in 2019. Seems that more and more automakers feel that their message on new autos launched at these big shows is getting lost and as such are wanting to go with a more focused intimate unvieling like at the Milan Fashion Week.
      https://www.media.volvocars.com/global/en-gb/media/pressreleases/230295/volvo-cars-to-focus-on-new-ways-of-introducing-cars-and-services-to-consumers
      So while Volvo has not backed out of the Detroit show like so many german brands have done, they have decided to skip the 2019 auto show in Geneva and Focus new auto roll outs at other venues.
  • My Clubs