Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Chevrolet News:Spying: Chevrolet Blazer Fills the Gap Between Equinox and Traverse

IMO the Bolt has a pretty rakish front and back (not a relatively flat roof by any stretch) is too narrow and has a crappy cargo capacity.  The cargo capacity and narrowness are my deal killers for the Bolt.

Edited by frogger

23 minutes ago, frogger said:

IMO the Bolt has a pretty rakish front and back (not a relatively flat roof by any stretch) is too narrow and has a crappy cargo capacity.  The cargo capacity and narrowness are my deal killers for the Bolt.

For its size, it has excellent cargo flexibility and it has been pointed out by just about every major publication. 

35 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Angry man this morning. 

And it wasn't a generalized post because it was linked to pictures. Hence, "those are all". 

Me? Who said to "GTFO" because I gave a counter argument? That would be you. 

16 minutes ago, frogger said:

Why are we comparing the Bolt to CUV's anyways?  It doesn't have high ground clearance, it doesn't have available AWD.  It is a hatchback with a trendy floating roof.

It wasn't a comparison other than ccap ragging on dfelt CUVs remarks while not understanding why he would love the Bolt (which has been explained by dfelt many times in the past).  

Now, while I'm not happy about the Blazer name going on yet another CUV, it is not surprising. Nissan did it with the Pathfinder and Ford did it with the Explorer. These are the times right now and maybe one day, actual SUV fans will get some more choices (looking at you Bronco). 

Well, refreshing my memory and thinking of the last vehicle to wear the Blazer name... it was S-10 based, and Chevy did not market it was an off-roader... except for the ZR-2 2-door models.  I still see a good number of old ZR-2 pickups and Blazers on the road.

I guess a CUV Blazer is where the market is these days.

What I find weird about the Bolt is the nice low rear load floor... then the back seat, when folded, is like a foot higher than that floor... AWKWARD.  I like the denim seats.  Plus the white dash trim doesn't bother me.

Edited by ocnblu

On 8/28/2017 at 4:58 PM, ocnblu said:

Well, refreshing my memory and thinking of the last vehicle to wear the Blazer name... it was S-10 based, and Chevy did not market it was an off-roader... except for the ZR-2 2-door models.  I still see a good number of old ZR-2 pickups and Blazers on the road.

I guess a CUV Blazer is where the market is these days.

What I find weird about the Bolt is the nice low rear load floor... then the back seat, when folded, is like a foot higher than that floor... AWKWARD.  I like the denim seats.  Plus the white dash trim doesn't bother me.

OcnBlu, there is a mid section in the Bolt Cargo area that offers small package hiding / storage and you can take out the floor if you need a deeper larger cargo area. So you can have a full flat area or a step down larger back seat up area or small hidden area plus the normal area.

2017-chevrolet-bolt-cargo-area-seats-folded.jpg

2017-chevrolet-bolt-ev-cargo-space.jpg

2017-Chevrolet-Bolt-EV-126-876x535.jpg

Blazer wise, I think we have to accept that all smaller CUV's are going to be built on the same unibody designs of cars.

I can see a sturdy Blazer or Trailblazer on Unibody, FWD/AWD/4x4 capable like the Jeep Patriot, and many other Unibody Jeeps that seem to handle the off road in trail rated trim just fine.

• Agree 1