Throwback Thursday: 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis

My family had a couple of Vic's/GMarq's over the decades.  My brother had 2 different mid-90's Merc'.

I remember when they came out in '92.  They were both very well done and certainly great value for the money.

One wonders if there will ever be a time when these two could make a come back.  With everything going Hybrid/EV it could make a case for having a large sedan (that isn't full on luxury) back in the lineup for some make....

With all the Panthers still out there, I wonder if one of the secondary market players could take the chassis and make some EV out of it?

• Agree 1

Always liked the Panthers, the Town Car and Grand Marquis in particular.  They were very dated as far cabin tech as they aged--Ford seemed to give up around 1998 as far updating the interiors--  but always enjoyed driving them...rented quite a few over the years on my travels...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1