Chrysler News: Rumorpile: Chrysler Could Do A 300 Hellcat, Dodge Charger and Challenger To Use Ghibli Platform

William Maley

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

Trucks have always had massive rebates and always will on specific trims. The High Countries and Platinums will make up for those 10-12k rebates on SLT and XLT trims. 

I don't know why you're just fighting facts. Surreal posted a very fair 3rd party research. 

And here it is. He will dismiss it of course because it’s “so last month” lol but FCA (and Ford) are well represented here. 

http://www.realcartips.com/news/0743-biggest-car-rebates.shtml

• Like 2

Just now, Stew said:

Not fighting facts, I am showing actual manufacturer rebates. 

So did I and you made excuses for why you were wrong, ie the age of the Challenger. There are plenty of articles showing how GM has a below industry average incentive rate while Ford and FCA are above the average. Feel free to look that up sometime. 

1 minute ago, surreal1272 said:

And here it is. He will dismiss it of course because it’s “so last month” lol but FCA (and Ford) are well represented here. 

As is GM with the Silverado having the second highest rebates just behind the Titan.  Another GM that received major updates for 16 and was new in 14. 

3 minutes ago, Stew said:

Don't know Sureal has to rag everytime a Chrysler  article is posted anyway, it gets old. 

Get over yourself. I have defended them when necessary (like my counter to SMKs Jeep GC Trackhawk not having a worthy interior. Refer to the Cayenne article if you doubt it) but of course you see only what you want to see. Guess my eight trouble free years of owning a Dodge Magnum makes me a big ole hater. Seriously, think about that for more than a minute and also think about the fact that you equally rag on Ford and GM so don’t forget to look in the mirror he next time you want to make another “he’s just hating on Chrysler” accusation. 

Edited by surreal1272

Just now, surreal1272 said:

Get her yourself. I have defended them when necessary (like my counter to SMKs BS last week) but of course you see only what you want to see. Guess my eight trouble free years of owning a Dodge Magnum makes me a big ole hater. Seriously, think about that for more than a minute and also think about the fact that you equally rag on Ford and GM so don’t forget to look in the mirror he next time you want to make another “he’s just hating on Chrysler” accusation. 

Only because you dislike SMK lol.  I have actually defended Chrysler, GM, and Ford in many posts here and elsewhere.  I don't simply attack.  You do. 

As is GM with the Silverado having the second highest rebates just behind the Titan.  Another GM that received major updates for 16 and was new in 14. 

Two GMs in the top 40 to countless FCA models. Yeah, completely the same there, like your incentive claim lol. 

Just now, Stew said:

Only because you dislike SMK lol.  I have actually defended Chrysler, GM, and Ford in many posts here and elsewhere.  I don't simply attack.  You do. 

I stated facts that you just happen to not agree with because of your FCA blinders. Also, I would have made that GC remark to anyone. I don’t give two $h!s who said unlike yourself, hence your trying to single me out here. Again, I have posted only easily referenced facts and links. Dispute it all you want. I simply don’t give a $h! because you will always ignore it and claim someone is just attacking FCA. Pathetically childish. 

LOL.  Ya know, you hate a lot.  I have stood up for GM, FCA, Ford, Toyota, Hyundai, and Honda,.  i have posted positive reviews of the Colorado, Traverse, and other GM models.  I am not anti-GM at all, in fact have owned quite a few.  Same with Fords.  It just gets old with the negative remarks everytims an FCA article is posted. 

2 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Excuses get old too... They have high rebates.. it is what it is. 

They all have high rebates as shown.  I expect everyone's rebates to only get higher from here on. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Other than full size pickups that seem tied for highest rebates from the OEM, Looks like Ford and FCA are the rebate queens this month.

Back on topic.

I wonder if since they are using the Ghibli platform, will they bring over the 404HP TT v6 from that car to the Charger and Challenger?

1 minute ago, dfelt said:

Other than full size pickups that seem tied for highest rebates from the OEM, Looks like Ford and FCA are the rebate queens this month.

True and rebates change every month. 

1 minute ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

The Ghibli/QP platform seems like it would be a good replacement for the LX platform--it's large and heavy, while the Guilia/Giorgio is too small. 

Ghibli is very loosely based on the LX already if I remember correctly,  From what I can find though, it is basically the floorpan only which was new for the 11 model 300 and Charger to accept the 8 speed auto (they all share). 

10 minutes ago, Stew said:

LOL.  Ya know, you hate a lot.  I have stood up for GM, FCA, Ford, Toyota, Hyundai, and Honda,.  i have posted positive reviews of the Colorado, Traverse, and other GM models.  I am not anti-GM at all, in fact have owned quite a few.  Same with Fords.  It just gets old with the negative remarks everytims an FCA article is posted. 

They all have high rebates as shown.  I expect everyone's rebates to only get higher from here on. 

There is no winning with you but I’m not here to validate your delicate feelings where FCA is concerned. I have hit hard on GM and everyone else when applicable. It just happens that I feel that FCA is in trouble more so than the others. I also notice that you never had a problem when I criticized, Ford, or Benz, or countless others. It’s only FCA that you see a problem here. Well, if that is how you feel, then there is no hope for you here but I’m not about to change just because you perceive a problem that doesn’t really exist. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, dfelt said:

i was looking through trying to tally up the rebates for the D3 and they appear a little worse for Ford than they are... example.. 2017 Ford Fusion, Ford Fusion Hybid, Ford Fusion Energi. The 2017 Transit Connect is listed on there 3 times. but they also have it broken down to Transit Connect. Transit Connect Commercial, Transit Connect Wagon. So they have the Transit Connect listed 11 times.  Some are 2016's and all of the variations then 2017's and all the variations totaling 11. 

4 minutes ago, Stew said:

And it could all be totally the opposite for September and then even different for October.  It happens. 

And I'll await your proof in the future then. 

• Like 1

There is no winning with you but I’m not here to validate your delicate feelings where FCA is concerned. I have hit hard on GM and everyone else when applicable. It just happens that I feel that FCA is in trouble more so than the others. I also notice that you never had a problem when I criticized, Ford, or Benz, or countless others. It’s only FCA that you see a problem here. Well, if that is how you feel, then there is no hope for you here but I’m not about to change just because you perceive a problem that doesn’t really exist. 

It depends if they deserve being criticized.  I would like to be able to have a convo about the actual article on FCA sometimes without your special form of doom and gloom.  YOU DO IT IN EVERY DAMNED ARTICLE that even mentions FCA.  In any case, I am done.  I just want to discuss the article without all the negative BS, ok?

3 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

i was looking through trying to tally up the rebates for the D3 and they appear a little worse for Ford than they are... example.. 2017 Ford Fusion, Ford Fusion Hybid, Ford Fusion Energi. The 2017 Transit Connect is listed on there 3 times. but they also have it broken down to Transit Connect. Transit Connect Commercial, Transit Connect Wagon. So they have the Transit Connect listed 11 times.  Some are 2016's and all of the variations then 2017's and all the variations totaling 11. 

And I'll await your proof in the future then. 

Probably because Ford does different rebates for different trims of different models?  or how they break their vehicles down?  Sad about the Fusion, I love the Sport model, especially after gazing one in person.  The rims and subtle fascia changes look really good. 

1 minute ago, Stew said:

It depends if they deserve being criticized.  I would like to be able to have a convo about the actual article on FCA sometimes without your special form of doom and gloom.  YOU DO IT IN EVERY DAMNED ARTICLE that even mentions FCA.  In any case, I am done.  I just want to discuss the article without all the negative BS, ok?

No I do not. Again, it is only what you perceive but since we are being completely honest, I really don’t give two $h!s what you think. What you call “doom and gloom”, I call reality and facts. I have backed them up too even when you couldn’t. Sorry but if you want positive spin on every FCA product, then I suggest going to an FCA forum. Here, we discuss all cars, good and bad. Get the f@#k over it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stew said:

But it's a realistic scenario that they could be selling off brands or closing doors on brands.. That's not just doom and gloom from somebody who doesn't like a certain brand, that's a realistic possibility. Or even worse, getting bought out by a Chinese company. These things are real. 

9 minutes ago, Stew said:

Probably because Ford does different rebates for different trims of different models?  or how they break their vehicles down?  Sad about the Fusion, I love the Sport model, especially after gazing one in person.  The rims and subtle fascia changes look really good. 

Sadly, that's the only Fusion that I didn't see a rebate for LOL. Well, I guess that would be under "2017 Ford Fusion" as a whole. 

A buddy of mine paid 33k for a Titanium last December... He could have had a Sport for 34k but he's not a car guy so he didn't even know.. He definitely overpaid for his Titanium. IMO.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

No I do not. Again, it is only what you perceive but since we are being completely honest, I really don’t give two $h!s what you think. What you call “doom and gloom”, I call reality and facts. I have backed them up too even when you couldn’t. Sorry but if you want positive spin on every FCA product, then I suggest going to an FCA forum. Here, we discuss all cars, good and bad. Get the f@#k over it. 

If you don't care, then why even respond? 

4 minutes ago, Stew said:

If you don't care, then why even respond? 

Understanding context is the key here. I don’t care about your FCA feelings and how you feel about my criticisms for reasons already stated. It doesn’t mean that I’m going to stop just because of those feelings. Big difference there. Remember, in all of this, you started the rebate argument with your very first post.

Oh and I thought you were done?

Edited by surreal1272

7 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

But it's a realistic scenario that they could be selling off brands or closing doors on brands.. That's not just doom and gloom from somebody who doesn't like a certain brand, that's a realistic possibility. Or even worse, getting bought out by a Chinese company. These things are real. 

Sadly, that's the only Fusion that I didn't see a rebate for LOL. Well, I guess that would be under "2017 Ford Fusion" as a whole. 

A buddy of mine paid 33k for a Titanium last December... He could have had a Sport for 34k but he's not a car guy so he didn't even know.. He definitely overpaid for his Titanium. IMO.

And i have said the Chrysler brand should be shelved, which I was surprised they announced 2 crossovers coming over.  Dodge sells well though and i could see the Pacifica being a good fit there. 

Ugh, I would never choose a Titanium over the Sport, would easily give up a few options.  it is just a great bargain for what you get.  I did like the Fusion my brother had for a loaner when his caddy was being fix a few years ago (the 09 CTS).  SE 2.0T with leather and sunroof.  My only negatives were the FE, rear seat room, and the basic button loaded center stack, which is pretty improved for 17 if i remember right.  The 2.0T had real ood low end, but I can only imagine what the 2.7T with AWD feels like. 

Understanding context is the key here. I don’t care about your FCA feelings and how you feel about my criticisms for reasons already stated. It doesn’t mean that I’m going to stop just because of those feelings. Big difference there. Remember, in all of this, you started the rebate argument with your very first post.

Oh and I thought you were done?

It is a slow day and it gives me something to do.  And that makes little sense.  If my opinions don't matter, then what is the point of even acknowledging them??

7 minutes ago, Stew said:

And i have said the Chrysler brand should be shelved, which I was surprised they announced 2 crossovers coming over.  Dodge sells well though and i could see the Pacifica being a good fit there. 

Ugh, I would never choose a Titanium over the Sport, would easily give up a few options.  it is just a great bargain for what you get.  I did like the Fusion my brother had for a loaner when his caddy was being fix a few years ago (the 09 CTS).  SE 2.0T with leather and sunroof.  My only negatives were the FE, rear seat room, and the basic button loaded center stack, which is pretty improved for 17 if i remember right.  The 2.0T had real ood low end, but I can only imagine what the 2.7T with AWD feels like. 

It is a slow day and it gives me something to do.  And that makes little sense.  If my opinions don't matter, then what is the point of even acknowledging them??

If you don’t understand what I am saying, that is your affliction. You’re the one who has a problem with certain opinions and that is what I do not care about. It doesn’t mean that I am going to stop just because of said problem. Understand now?

And you’re the one who said that you were done yet here you are. So you’re not done? You’re half way done? All the way done? Just trying to figure out what is going on here lol. 

Just now, surreal1272 said:

If you don’t understand what I am saying, that is your affliction. You’re the one who has a problem with certain opinions and that is what I do not care about. It doesn’t mean that I am going to stop just because of said problem. Understand now?

And you’re the one who said that you were done yet here you are. So you’re not done? You’re half way done? All the way done? Just trying to figure out what is going on here lol. 

We both have to try and have the last word is the problem lol.  And the same, I will respond to what I see as messed up statement that has nothing to really do with the article.  This change makes sense. 

ON TOPIC,

I loved the first pic that Motor posted about this car

Sweet-Dream-Chrysler-300-SRT-Hellcat-main.jpg

Then the Mules started to show up

chrysler-300-hellcat-spied.jpg

So I wonder how different the front clip will be once they release the auto?

1 minute ago, dfelt said:

ON TOPIC,

I loved the first pic that Motor posted about this car

Sweet-Dream-Chrysler-300-SRT-Hellcat-main.jpg

Then the Mules started to show up

chrysler-300-hellcat-spied.jpg

So I wonder how different the front clip will be once they release the auto?

It is interesting.  It will of course have a lot more cooling required.  the fact they are testing on widebody wheels, really has my attention. 

It is interesting.  It will of course have a lot more cooling required.  the fact they are testing on widebody wheels, really has my attention. 

Yes, I have to say that I am BORED with all the Jelly Bean Body Designs especially the boring Tesla body. I love the muscular look to this auto.

New rumor says Hyundai is interested in buying FCA.  No way they want Chrysler or Dodge.  They will want the Jeeps, Ram trucks, and the Pacifica can be the Sedona/Entourage, so that saves them money on developing a new van.  I could see them wanting Alfa Romeo as a sport luxury brand and Genesis can be a comfort luxury brand, Maserati seems worthless.

If Hyundai is interested, Sergio needs to trim the fat fast to make FCA appealing.

10 hours ago, smk4565 said:

New rumor says Hyundai is interested in buying FCA.  No way they want Chrysler or Dodge.  They will want the Jeeps, Ram trucks, and the Pacifica can be the Sedona/Entourage, so that saves them money on developing a new van.  I could see them wanting Alfa Romeo as a sport luxury brand and Genesis can be a comfort luxury brand, Maserati seems worthless.

If Hyundai is interested, Sergio needs to trim the fat fast to make FCA appealing.

I could go for this especially if Hyundai would do the right thing by FCA US and kill off certain labels and clean house to allow the rest to properly survive.

At this point, move the 300 and Pacifica to Dodge and retire Chrysler name and move forward with Jeep, RAM and Dodge. Let FCA Euro choke on their own crap Fiat, Alfa, etc.