Industry News: Welcome to the Era of Expensive, Luxury Trucks

Are we really arguing about heavy-duty trucks and S-Classes... again?

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

I for one will never be comfortable in a car, as such, I only drive full size SUV's and had planes to buy a fully loaded Cadillac EXT pickup till GM stupidly killed it. 

I think Cadillac should have a Luxury pickup, no reason to not have all the features found in a CT6 in afull size SUV and in a full Size Pickup.

What kind of planes are we talking about? Boeing Dreamliner? Airbus A380?

I really don't want a Cadillac truck, and this is coming from someone who likes the EXT. I get it would bring in piles of cash, but I don't want a Mercedes X-Class situation. It would dilute the brand a bit too much and make me wonder what they're trying to be aside from following every single move from luxury automakers.

1 minute ago, William Maley said:

I really don't want a Cadillac truck, and this is coming from someone who likes the EXT. I get it would bring in piles of cash, but I don't want a Mercedes X-Class situation. It would dilute the brand a bit too much and make me wonder what they're trying to be aside from following every single move from luxury automakers.

I do want a Cadillac truck, but only if it is something like the EXT which can't be found anywhere else in the GM lineup.  I would not want a rebadged Denali in the Cadillac lineup. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, William Maley said:

I see the point you are wanting to make but have to disagree that the EXT diluted Cadillac. I agree that the HD line of luxury in Cadillac is not needed, but a Half Ton luxury like the EXT is fine.

I like the CT6 but will never buy it as it is not roomy enough for me and I do not like being on the floor when driving. For me Luxury SUV and Pickups from Cadillac in the manner of the EXT is what I want and believe can help Cadillac. 

Want Luxury HD, I will happily point you to GMC.

2 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I do want a Cadillac truck, but only if it is something like the EXT which can't be found anywhere else in the GM lineup.  I would not want a rebadged Denali in the Cadillac lineup. 

I wouldn't mind that so much, but then I would be wishing for the return of the Chevrolet Avalanche.

I wouldn't mind that so much, but then I would be wishing for the return of the Chevrolet Avalanche.

And that is fine, having two distinct different levels of the Avalanche works. One in Chevy and one in Cadillac.

We just do not want what started this in 1999 with the GMC denali Yukon and then a rebadge Escalade. They truly need to be distinct and different.

Me too... but only if the avalanche was a relatively exclusive vehicle.... no LS trims... LT or High Country only.

• Agree 2