Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Ferrari News: Marchionne Stokes Ferrari's Interest In An SUV

Back in July, we reported that Ferrari was planning an SUV. This was a bit of a surprise since Ferrari Chairman and FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne said "you have to shoot me first,” when asked about this last year. He would confirm that the brand is considering this a month later. It seems now Ferrari is now beyond the consideration stage.

Today at the New York Stock Exchange, Marchionne said the automaker is deciding on production which will take about 30 months to complete. Production would be limited to preserve exclusivity.

“We’re dead serious about this. We need to learn how to master this whole new relationship between exclusivity and scarcity of product, then we’re going to balance this desire to grow with a widening of the product portfolio,” said Marchionne.

As we reported back in August, the SUV or 'FUV' as Marchionne calls it is part of an effort to double the profits of Ferrari.

Source: Bloomberg

View full article

Moron cannot seem to figure out how to stop wasting money on non-profit items and build up those that do bring him the profits to waste on the Italian crap.

FUV can die with the rest of F. 

They will probably charge $450,00 for it, thus that will limit how many there are, and at the same time make a lot of profit.  If you take Ferrari's total profit, dived buy number of cars they sell, it works out to like $97,000 per car.  Someone skewed since they have some merchandise an licensing deals that bring revenue, but still, crazy profit per car.

3 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

Sorry, but who wants a Ferrari SUV or Crossover again?

I could see it appealing to current Ferrari owners that also have a Range Rover, Bentyaga or other high end SUV.    Or people wanting a Ferrari but needing the practicality of an SUV.  Lamborghini is doing one, Aston Martin probably will eventually...

Like back when Porsche added the Cayenne, they realized there were way more profits to be had than by selling sports cars only...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

2 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I could see it appealing to current Ferrari owners that also have a Range Rover, Bentyaga or other high end SUV.    Or people wanting a Ferrari but needing the practicality of an SUV.  Lamborghini is doing one, Aston Martin probably will eventually...

Like back when Porsche added the Cayenne, they realized there were way more profits to be had than by selling sports cars only...

That may well be true, but it is sad when Italian sports car companies insist of frittering away their unique selling points just to make a fast buck.

• Thanks 1

7-roberto-baggio-penalty-missed-1994-fif

Just as bad!!!

And now to express how I truly feel!

And in the language that they (Ferrari)  could understand... with English subtitles so the rest of you could know what it is the hell Im raving aboot...

YSEAl3l.gif

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1

^ I don't doubt that at all but I still don't like the idea of it. It'll probably be great and all of that as well. Just like plugging a V6 into the Ford GT. It might still be great but I don't like the idea of a V6, be it great or not, in a super car like that. 

Not quite the same comparison, but similar. 

The FF is awesome. It's simply an innovative, high-performance usable GT. 

I just don't get superplush, crazy expensive uber-lux SUV's. I can't justify something like the Bentayga sitting on my showroom floor right now. It was 271K new. And as great as it drives, and as lovely as the interior is, it's near worthless as an SUV in my eyes. I would never take it off road for fear of damaging the beautiful paint and wheels. I'd never allow animals inside to mar the gorgeous hides and veneers. I'd never put anything dirty and oversized in it for fear of scratching the headliner or staining the home-worthy carpet. And at that point, why not just buy a Flying Spur? At least it sits on it's own platform. 

If you have 271k to spend on your vehicle you have the money to replace/repair those things you listed though. 

WE care about those things because we couldn't afford to fix them now and we would want it in pristine condition. If you have the dough though, you'd do anything you want in this that you would in a Range Rover or something. 

I don't think owners care about what platform their Bentley is on...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Maybe I should let up the hate on this.

After the introduction of this car

ferrari-ff1.jpg%2526MaxW%253D630.jpeg

Ferrari opened up to many product possibilities.

I persionally dont like the FF, maybe Ill like a Ferrari SUV.

Probably not....

That is such a Hideous looking auto.

:puke::puke::puke:

Deserves a triple Puke in my book!

3 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

The FF is awesome. It's simply an innovative, high-performance usable GT. 

It is awesome. I just dont like its looks. Id choose something more sensual in the Ferrari catalogue. The FF is too butch for me to appreciate. A GT car from Ferrari? Not in this decade or the last for me.

Aston Martin would be my go-to brand.

12 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

I just don't get superplush, crazy expensive uber-lux SUV's. I can't justify something like the Bentayga sitting on my showroom floor right now. I would never take it off road for fear of damaging the beautiful paint and wheels. I'd never allow animals inside to mar the gorgeous hides and veneers. I'd never put anything dirty and oversized in it for fear of scratching the headliner or staining the home-worthy carpet.

You and me both.

I view the niche luxury SUV as an oxymoron.

But that is because we both have not forgotten and moved on from the original definition of SUV.  I will never let that go and so I will never accept SUVs that are less than Wranglers, 4Runners, original Pathfinders and  XTerras and K5 Blazers and the like.

I understand the how its come to be this way for SUVs...but I will never buy into this marketing ploy.

So...Ill continue to be bored with news like this regarding luxury SUVs and especially the ones that are focused to be track stars from high speed companies like Ferrari or Porsche or Lamborghini....(another oxymoron as SUVs are supposed to have a high ground clearance resulting in a high center of gravity because of their original reason to exist)

Unless Ferrari makes it something like this...dont bother trying to make me love it!

9 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

What was the last vehicle you didn't say that about? 

Ford Focus RS, that is one bad ass hot from hell car! :metal: 

2017-Ford-Focus-RS500.jpg

This car is just awesome, Love the color and the look even with the big mouth billy bass grill. It rocks! :metal: 

5 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

That's my point... It's been 2 model years worth of vehicles since you liked anything. 

And...what is it to you?

You chastised me in the other thread with your bigger barking dog friend...

EasyHospitableAxisdeer-small.gif

And you are doing exactly what you did not like me doing in this thread?

What gives?

2 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I chastised you for thinking every vehicle on the road today is ugly? Please tag me on that post. 

Im sorry for even starting a fight in this thread.

No need for the stupid bickering.

Im old...but I aint old enough to be featured in this film.

v1.bTsxMTE3MzY2MTtqOzE3NTQ0OzEyMDA7ODAwO

Meaning...I aint old, and Im certainly not grumpy!

Im happy!

We good?

We friends again?

69e.gif

I wont even let you answer that...

We good and we friends again!!!

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

If you have 271k to spend on your vehicle you have the money to replace/repair those things you listed though. 

WE care about those things because we couldn't afford to fix them now and we would want it in pristine condition. If you have the dough though, you'd do anything you want in this that you would in a Range Rover or something. 

I don't think owners care about what platform their Bentley is on...

But Bentley owners aren't using them in the manners I mentioned, so there's that. They're using them as regular drivers, which Flying Spurs are superior at, so my point stands.

4 hours ago, ccap41 said:

That's my point... It's been 2 model years worth of vehicles since you liked anything. 

:huh: That was a 2017 Focus RS, how is that 2 model years?

I also have plenty to like of the trucks, cars and suv / cuv from the American nameplates.

So I will politely agree to disagree with you on what I like. :)