NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Great Cars: Ford MUSTANG

As to the title of the video and the post.... no argument here!

I can't remember not being a Mustang fan.  However, I do remember my first experiences with them.  My friend's father bought in the early 80's a bright red '68 and I was more than just a little smitten.  I remember driving another friend's Fox body LX 5.0 in high school (I have no idea how I convinced him to do so, but...).  It was fast, for me at least.  I remember going to a dealership with my brother and looking at an SVO and almost begging him to buy it (he didn't)....  I remember owning one with a friend of mine and doing a little (very little other than some minor mechanical work and a major clean up and detail), and then selling it for 3x's what we paid.  I remember when the '05 came out and just being stunned by how awesome I thought it was..... and then getting a job selling Ford's and driving a number of those models and just loving every minute of it.

Ninety Eight... thanks for the video.  It was a terrific piece!

DON'T FORGET, it leapt onto the scene like a spirited pony!  (Say it in a British accent for full effect)

• Haha 1

Always liked them...grew up in a family of Mustang owners, have had 3 myself.  Though if I were to get a new 'pony car', I'd be more inclined to get a Challenger. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I appreciate Mustangs, and -as objectively speaking as is possible- the '64.5-66's are stylistically perfect. Never owned one, haven't any yearning to; I'm burnt out on the 'mainstream-popular' cars.

That said; boy have the last few years been some exciting product, IMO.
An incredible inverse bell curve : '65 > '75 < '17

• Upvote 1

I like my suggestion in another thread, I think Mustang could use a stable mate and that should be the Clydesdale CUV.  A fun performance focused CUV line.

Then Ford will have a two horse stable!

As a former Mustang owner I am entirely burned out on anything post 1970. Honestly to the point the modern Mustangs do very little for me.

3 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

As a former Mustang owner I am entirely burned out on anything post 1970. Honestly to the point the modern Mustangs do very little for me.

Agreed as to why it is time to expand the stable to the Clydesdale Performance CUV :metal: 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Agreed as to why it is time to expand the stable to the Clydesdale Performance CUV :metal: 

Bronco will be their horse SUV. 

11 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Bronco will be their horse SUV. 

Yea, I can see this, maybe room for 2 more horses in that stable. :P 

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

If they make a 3 horse stable, what is the 3rd horse or pony then? :confused0071:

10 hours ago, dfelt said:

Yea, I can see this, maybe room for 2 more horses in that stable. :P 

If they make a 3 horse stable, what is the 3rd horse or pony then? :confused0071:

I could see using the Clydesdale name on a Raptor-spec Expedition. ;)

Though the name 'Clydesdale' makes think pulling power and great strength...how about a 1000hp diesel F450 with a  50,000lb towing capacity..;)

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook